Recent content by PANTERA.

1. PANTERA.

I want to be a woman.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
    All my life I've wanted to be a woman in computer games. It's been my dream ever since I was a young'un. It really disappoints me that <insert name of game here> won't allow me to be a woman in this game. There goes all my hopes and dreams of buying lovely silk dresses and attending the ball and meeting my prince charming. We could have had babies, little princes and princesses, raised in a house (a very big house) in the country, away from the hubris of court life.

Thanks a lot, TaleWorlds, you've crushed my dreams like Archonsod used to crush the skulls of trolls beneath his mighty hammer*  :sad:

*Not a euphemism

Haha best post of this thread.
  2. PANTERA.

Your own village

Wow, I don't think I've seen a thread with this amount of stupid comments before.

3. PANTERA.

I want to be a woman.

xenoargh said:
    Yes I would say that statistic has meaning. Stepping back a bit, I think you're confused about what a statistic is, in particular what the forum male to female ratio statistic means. You're arguing from a strawman, the statistic doesn't say what you think it is trying to say, all statistics are are data from the specific environment from which it is gathered, and though not perfect or definitive, it is tangible data.
    Stop.  Just stop right there.  I'm not even reading the rest of what you said.

Look... data is only useful if it's meaningful.  That's why there's a whole science devoted to polling and using statistics correctly.  The data you've cited is not at all meaningful- i.e., we do not know the sample size, the number of respondents that choose not to answer the question at all (my guess: the majority), etc., nor whether they're being honest or not.

So, your 'statistic' is junk.  It's like walking into a store, seeing that they have 10 apples and 1 orange, and claiming that all stores have a 10:1 ratio of apples to oranges.  We can't use it as even a starting-place for a meaningful conversation, basically.

I'm sure a lot people do the same to all of your post(I know they do), and your analogy is horrible.

skyssoldier said:
    I honestly don't see why people are against being able to be a female in game. It's the players decision. Are you afraid your pointer might go and click on "female" instead? Let females be females, I can't see why developers can't add the function.

A lot of them aren't, I know I'm all for it. But maybe the devs looked at it from a historical point and said " No women lead large armies of professional soldiers during the Russo-Polish War, so we won't include it".

All I know is it's not in the game, and if they were going to implement it, they already would have.

So why not focus on the other problems with the game, because we know there are many.

4. PANTERA.

I want to be a woman.

xenoargh said:
    Nope.  The game covers a fairly nebulous period, time-wise.  Within 3 years is more than sufficient.

The game was based on the novel, which is based on the Khmelnytsky Uprising(1648–1654) that turned into the Russo-Polish war(1654–67).

You listed a peasant rebellion that had nothing to do with the War and it didn't start until 1770, 3 years AFTER the War ended.

It was a rebellion in Russia, and had nothing to do with any of the other countries in the game.

You might as well put Jeanne d'Arc down as a reference because she has as much relevance to this War as Alyona does.

5. PANTERA.

I want to be a woman.

xenoargh said:
    I would like someone to post some sources saying that a woman led troops during the Russo-Polish War.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyona
    http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%90%D0%BB%D1%91%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%90%D1%80%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F

Soon theres going to be a mod that includes the addition of playing as a female just wait a few weeks and it will be out
    One was made after two days, and we had female armor on the third day.  Search this sub-forum.  It doesn't fix the dialogs or other small issues.

The Russo-Polish war ended in 1667, 3 years before that unrelated peasant revolt against Russia.

Want to try again?

6. PANTERA.

I want to be a woman.

I would like someone to post some sources saying that a woman led troops during the Russo-Polish War.

7. PANTERA.

Is this forum under attack?

Archonsod said:
    On the contrary. Finding an idiot consumer base is every capitalists dream. See bottled water.

Exactly, bottled water is the perfect example. If people were to do some research they would find out that bottled water is actually no better than tap, and sometimes it's actually worse, and the funniest thing is how much people are willing to pay for something that's the same as what comes out of the tap.

8. PANTERA.

Realism in wFaS

It takes a whole lot longer to reload a musket than it does in this game, and you must not have played Warband against crossbows because they could kill you in 1-2 shots.

I don't stay behind the line. I create my line, ride in throw grenades, ride back, get more grenades, do that as many times as I can before they get too close to my line and then I and my cav rush in and fight.

I do this every battle and I almost never get KOd.

I can't even remember the last time I was KOd in battle by a bullet.
  9. PANTERA.

Bad Reviews for WFAS

Oh man, you guys smell that???

Smells like...irony.
  10. PANTERA.

Bad Reviews for WFAS

I think everyone got an idea of your opinion in the last like 10 post of bashing.

We get it.

I think you did a pretty good job of derailing it yourself.

Good day sir.
  11. PANTERA.

Bad Reviews for WFAS

GenericSoldierX said:
    Blah blah blah Derpity derp derp.

Why are you in the F&S section again?
  12. PANTERA.

I conquered 5 castes King gave me none?

jerg said:
    I'm not understanding the gist here, so can we form and name our own kingdoms in WFAS or not?
    No.

13. PANTERA.

Can you become a king?

Does anyone ever use the search function anymore?
  14. PANTERA.

Battle Size

Caba`drin said:
    I'm guessing the GUI "Warband Battle Sizer" should work as well, found in the completed Warband mods section.

I couldn't get it to work, I used the rgl_config to change mine.

Shiver, it shouldn't reset unless you mess with it in game.

15. PANTERA.

I want to be a woman.

somerandomname said:
    No I would probably start wars with everyone.  :lol:
    Seriously though, this is getting ridiculous, "slap on the face", wow.

No, the fist thing you need to do as president is grant me citizenship so I can get out of this crowded ass country.

Yeah, I know, it's just a game. People are over-reacting.
Back
Top Bottom