Recent content by Pagan

1. Pagan

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

To say i am hanging for this is an understatement. Bannerlord is going to consume me...
  2. Pagan

How famous is the above player?

Wow this is still going? haha awesome

OP is definately more handsome then Pooh, this is acedemically acknowledged... but caused controversy when he tied with tiggar for hairyness  :mrgreen:
  3. Pagan

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

TOMPA, try the download link on the first page here, http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2837.0.html
    it's the one i used since mdb keeps giving me a forbidden 403 code.

Also there is no ui.dds there is a ui_Default_menu_Window.dds. Do you have that file?

See how that goes.

Cheers
    Pagan
  4. Pagan

Well, first thing first, you should try to run it with Ironlauncher (found in Mount&Blade/module/TLD folder). Of that doesn't work, i'd say it is a bad download or install. So do those again.

See how that goes.

Cheers
    Pagan
  5. Pagan

Well it seems Merl has posted some news over at MDB!

So, here we are again, in the top 100 mods. Thanks so much for getting us in! We didn't even advertise it much or anything.

If you have a moment, do vote for our friends at the Star Wars Conquest mod, the other MnB mod in the polls:

Moddb.com

In other news - a patch 3.22 is coming soon. Hopefully before Christmas. There will most likely be a few bugfixes as we get bug reports after the release too.

We'll clarify the TLD situation at the time of release, most likely, but I should mention this release will be the last one of its kind. What that means you'll learn soon. :wink:

We're also planning a surprise for everyone. No, it's not a Warband port, but hopefully it will be similarly pleasant.

Stay tuned for more, soon!

-Merl

Wonder what he could mean  :wink:
  6. Pagan

Just thought id post a heads up. The Soundtrack is complete now!

Khand - Dwarves - Wood Elves - Rivendell - Beornings - Isengard - Orcs - Dunlandings all have their own Battle music now

And since i had a bit of time up my sleeve before final patch is release very soon , i have made music for some Gondor Fiefs just to vary it up a bit, since Gondor has by far the most settlements, the same settlement music repeats x10 more often for them.

Thus Black Root Vale (Erech) - Lossarnach - Pinnath Gelin -  Hennath Annun - Dol Amroth and Osgiliath have their own settlement music, nothing special, just standard town tracks  to mix it up a bit.

And a Bonus Gondor Battle Track has been added for kicks. I gathered brass players from all Gondor Fiefs for one big Agro Blow-off.

Cheers
    Pagan
  7. Pagan

B Fantasy [WB] Nightfall of Middle-Earth: Khazâd ai-mênu!

Wow very nice work guys, this is looking gooood. may have to break out the ol Warband, it's been a while.

And big cheers to the composer, very nice work!

Cheers
    Pagan
  8. Pagan

Guys Don't forget to endorse and vote for TLD when at the nexus!!! thanks you!

also, i can confirm that Streetofeyes is diverting to an Emma Watson youtube vid, uploaded by paukan. using IE. it never did it from my own com, but when i tested with my wifes, who never goes to TLD, bang it diverted. There is something dodgy going on there.
  9. Pagan

Instag0 said:
    I played 3.1 for the first time last night. I've got to say, the music is especially awesome: very Wagnerian and Howard Shores-y. I found no need to mod the game with the films' soundtrack. Watching little orcsies come over the hill into a hail of Gondorian arrows to the roar of the music fulfills my bloodlust. Hopefully I'll have a nice complement of Ithilien rangers soon. I hope you guys port to Warband multiplayer at some point. I imagine the mod would be quite popular online.

MNB is fun again! I haven't played for a long time, and I came back just for this. :grin:

The mod definitely captures AncientWanker's vision. You guys done Tolkein proud. :smile:

Now if only I could get my main comp working, then I could enjoy some truly epic battles.

Cheers, glad your enjoying it.

And in regards to music.  :oops: Thank you very much.
  10. Pagan

thanks Geren, much appreciated. Very flattering.

The irony is i may have to release a giant .wav version anyway. Seems the engine doesnt like mp3 format.
  11. Pagan

SPsometimes try the latest hotfix, it could be behind the lag. The code is changing music every 2 seconds while on map, the hotfix fixes this.
  12. Pagan

Just thought i'd drop a line about the recent happenings at TLD land. The soundtrack has been uploaded to the mainframe (always wanted to say that lol) and the latest patch is due very shortly, once the music has been coded in, we are good to go.

To read a little about the soundtrack if you wish, venture here
    http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2653.0.html

Cheers
    Pagan

13. Pagan

in regards to the one on one with a troll, and the call that wargs are too tuff. Perhaps you guys are going about it wrong. I was one requesting both be made stronger. I have not yet lost to a troll and the other night found myself alone on the battle field vs 8 riderless wargs. Killed them all.

Some tips. -
    WARGS

Use a tree to guard your back - never stop moving but never lose eye contact. - quickly see which warg will attack 1st then move toward him and move to the side before the attack, never let him charge you head on - the overhead strike seems to be most effective, usually connecting even if you are knocked over.

TROLLS

You can move faster then a troll but his weapon swing is virtually the same speed only you cant block it any more then you could stop a bus with a trash can lid. So strike and run, do not get greedy and try to get a second hit in, that will cost you your life. Now how to strike... Get back a good distance, draw your weapon back and charge, jump up and strike your blade, axe or arrow right between the eyes, the jump should carry you through for a quick get away, then rinse and repeat.... Or you could trade blows and try killing him with shin stabs heh

doesnt work quite as well against mordors trolls but you should be a capable fighter by then. Also the jumping slash works great against wargs too.

Hope that helps some

cheers
    Pagan

14. Pagan

Mhydrian said:
    The two top things for me really are not the fault of the mod at all, its the fact its not on Warband. I guess I really never really realized how stale M&B was by comparison to Warband. So for me its really the lack of HDR and the very poor animations from native M&B. Its probably not fair to compare TLD to a Warband mod but so many of us have been playing those exclusively that its impossible not to do it. I realize a port is ideal, and that the Mod team would love to just make it happen if that were possible, but anyways since it was the thing that immediately smacked me in the face when I booted it up...figured I would mention it.

Lack of music, I understand the stuff we all want to use is copyrighted. Just feels odd with Native music in this game.

As someone else mentioned, TLDhas HDR, it is in the installation folder, the mod actually looks far better then warband i believe, however i doubt many folk here have a rig like mine (i use my studio to play TLD haha)  so i can understand playing it without HDR and on minimum settings it may look old. From my end it is frustrating, i'd love all of you to enjoy TLD in it's full glory... but alas.

Also, TLD has a completely original soundtrack which should be out by christmas, the music in this Public Beta is simply place holder music i made over a year ago. So just hold out till then champ  :wink:

Cheers
    Pagan
  15. Pagan

Conners said:
    Seems I was totally ignored. Hope I haven't done something to offend the team to cause that  :???:...

I'm not sure on the RCM conners, no one is ignoring you but the pages go by so fast it can be missed. Merl is monitoring 3-4 sites from what i can see hehe. The guys have been balancing equipment but it isn't done yet. such things are better left till last, when you good people have tested the buggery out of the game, then we truly know who is over powered and who needs a boost (with equipment and race). But i'm not to knowledgable on such things one of the coders is best to answer this.

Cheers
    Pagan
Back
Top Bottom