Recent content by Ovietski

1. Ovietski

Love the new dlc but need guidance on what to do?

SmattlePattle said:
    Maikkeli1 said:
    Ovietski said:
    I think that at the end of the story mode you can continue to play?

I may be wrong but that is what I'm led to believe. I assume you will be given very large goals such as become king of a nation, etc. etc.

Great, so storymode is like a normal sandbox campaign but it has *tah daa* linear story with choices? Why even play sandbox then? Isnt it like playing lets say umm morrowind without quests  :lol:

Maybe you don't want to start in the Netherlands or if you've done story mode once you may rather just get to the core gameplay?

Very happy to have both options seperate - even if some people may never use sandbox over story.

I agree, I think story mode is a very cool addition.
  2. Ovietski

Playability over historical accuracy? POLL REVISED

Foffy123 said:
    The majority of people that will play VC will probably be somewhat confused at a lack of axes, at the very least.

Regardless of whatever historical justification there is for not having axes (if any), shouldn't the fun factor of being a viking with an axe trump that? Would someone that is more knowledgeable about  the time period really see an axe and then be irritated by it being out of place? I'm not saying every unit should have a gigantic two-handed axe or anything like that, by the way (straw-man arguments seem to be common on this forum).

I think some people here are missing the point. Gameplay and historical accuracy are NOT mutually exclusive. I agree with people saying they want VC to be realistic, and I also agree with the people that want more variety. I think we should try to find common ground.

+1
  3. Ovietski

Fleet control questions?

Its odd that you can't relay commands to your helmsman on the other ships.

You'd think you'd be able to with the very cool backspace feature that almost gives you a total-war style vantage point. That's really a bummer. It makes sense to me that you could give the other ships themselves AI to respond to your commands just like a regular npc would. You would be able to tell them to charge, skirmish, follow, hold, etc. etc. I was really looking forward to that honestly....

Maybe it'll get patched? (the prayer of all of us who pre-order)
  4. Ovietski

[Quest] Monastery land

Lol, I couldn't read and they tricked me into giving away that poor sods land. Oh well, I got a nice payday from it XD
  5. Ovietski

Becoming a Ruler

I would assume it is akin to vanilla mount and blade. Have your companions spread word of your name and eventually take some land for yourself from a weak faction and start your own.

Or you could join up with a current faction and be a jarl and try to work your way to the top from the inside (I've always found this method to be much harder/impossible).
  6. Ovietski

Mild frustration with ambiguous choices

I agree with your sentiment. When I was going to investigate the slaver camp just to see what I was up against my reputation took a huge hit and my companions thought less of me just because I didn't run in torch blazing. I guess it make sense but still, it would be nice to have time to think about your actions especially when playing with no save/reload.
  7. Ovietski

Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

RoboSenshi said:
    :lol: I think I might be the only person playing as a Christian and not pillaging monestaries.

I tried playing as a christian monk and immediately got my arms broken by bandits. :razz:

Going to stick to pillaging for the time being XD
  8. Ovietski

Fleet control questions?

Hmm, no idea although that does sound like an issue. When I get my second boat I will come back and let you know, unless someone else can help.

Is there an option to "take the field" per se instead of "Charge into battle"?
  9. Ovietski

Why do all the men look like hulks?

Phocks said:
    Way to go Taleworlds, setting an unrealistic standard of beauty for men!  :roll:

But anyways, maybe it could be toned down a little bit to make it more realistic. It's not a big deal though. I could take it or leave it.

I know right! I don't know if I'll ever be able to get my nipples onto the side of my pectorals like these hulky hunks.

Sigh... oh well, guess I'll just have to take more steroids and get some additional surgery done to slide em over.
  10. Ovietski

Converting back to pagan?

You should be able to find a pagan priest in the mead halls of larger villages/cities. I am not sure if you can reconvert (as I have never forsaken the old gods) but that is where I would go to look.

Let me know if you can because that is good information to know.
  11. Ovietski

Love the new dlc but need guidance on what to do?

I think that at the end of the story mode you can continue to play?

I may be wrong but that is what I'm led to believe. I assume you will be given very large goals such as become king of a nation, etc. etc.
  12. Ovietski

Playability over historical accuracy? POLL REVISED

I appreciate all of the thought and effort the team put into making this historically accurate and all that stuff and it does give a very different feel from native mount & blade as well as other mods.

Maybe its the masochist in me that enjoys the struggle and pain at the lower levels. I agree that a bit more variety in armor types as well as weapons would be appreciated however. I don't like all of the bugs or any of that stuff and don't think its okay but I will say that for the time that I was able to play the single player campaign and not have it glitching out, I had a blast.

For multiplayer however, I'll probably just be playing native.
  13. Ovietski

Having trouble getting it to run. (help!)

I read most of the stickies and read the bug and download sticky but I didn't see anything relating to my problem.
  14. Ovietski

Having trouble getting it to run. (help!)

I recently tried to download the new beta for PW 4 and after extracting the file and all of that doo da I went to play the game. The initial video played and all of that and then I was at the main loading screen for PW. It got around 1/4 of the way done before It crashed and I recieved this...
  15. Ovietski

Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

Argh, i don't have excel so i can't view the troop tree. Oh well, i'm sure i'll figure it out.
Back
Top Bottom