Recent content by overtyped

1. SP - General Formations/shield walls are functionally useless, unlike reality.

Its known that having units sit in a shield wall/formation of any kind is a terrible strategy. If you don't charge your units once the enemy gets close enough, you will take far far more losses and this is to due with how the Ai function. When you charge, units have far more surface area...
  2. Lvl 1 companions like warband

It would be nice if there were LVL 1 companions, that's what was so fun about Warband, you can make your companion any way you like. How about adding a village quest where the reward is to optionally let their son join you? He would be LVL 1 without any skills.
  3. Corporate Warfare and unfinished game design

They have my friend, they have. Remember Gingy from Gamescon all those years ago. Pretty sure he said word for word what you detailed.
    You're probably right, I'm sure everyone everywhere has said every sentence I'll ever say in my life, so why bother right.
  4. Corporate Warfare and unfinished game design

I guess you should re-read your own text. You ramble about how the system should be set up and that they should owe you for your great ideas that they couldn't have had on their own next time. Also to be fair I actually think you deserve the good brewery's. Too many people complain about the **** workshops and you found a work around. I barely read your title, I saw Corporate Warfare and was curious to read what you had posted. I assure you I read it fully and I am only pointing out that I am 99% sure all this that you have listed is going to be included in some way in the final game either through a mod or Taleworlds laying the ground work for what you have said in their MANY blogs and post and live streams. The Dev. wants the game PERFECT without this information you provided. I like what you did none-the-less, it shows ingenuity.
    All good ideas are incredibly obvious when they are said, but none thinks them up.
  5. Corporate Warfare and unfinished game design

Garbage game. 0/10 Refund me. Give the game some time bud, when has Taleworlds ever let us down in the past? They will make this game great or enable the Modders to do it for them but either way you know in 5-10 years when we are talking about Mount and Blade 3: Butterking we will have an amazing game to play while we wait.
    This is one of, if not my favorite game. You should have read past the title.
  6. Corporate Warfare and unfinished game design

How do I get such good brewerys you might wonder? Corporate takeover. I buy the brewerys from other cities and turn them into blacksmiths, meaning the brewerys that do exist are all several times more profitable. Who can stop me you might ask? None because the game is unfinished. Here's what...
  7. Resolved patch 1.2 absurd bug

I was killing some desert bandits in the new patch, and they dropped a jereed, that sells for ...63,000. https://ibb.co/z6KXYTt Not only that, towns randomly gain and lose enormous amounts of money. Half the time i enter a town it has far less money available than a village, yet sometimes i...
  8. SP - General What Is not fun or engaging in bannerlord.

I can't tell if these are gripes with Bannerlord or medieval warfare.

I agree with some points, but others depend on other features and player savvy. IE the only times I lose troops to sea bandits is if it's a 20-stack and I want to train up recruits super fast so I just fling them at them with minimal support.

If you time archers volley right, they'll raise their shields and lose 1 volley of javelins. They're also super prone to Idiot-magnets, so alone or with heavy cav you can make half of them waste second volley and have your infantry close to melee.

Then there's the matter of purpose. I clear high stacks to get low stacks that then can be recruited and put into your castles, as well as to weaken their lairs, to wipe them when they're on 1-2 groups inside.That's actively reinforced by game mechanics.

#6 - Everyone is in reality running dragoon armies like this. There will come a point when you have to make the call - have fast cav, or be able to up-train troops. A middle ground if having specifically dragoon units (infantry that matches cav speed if saddle horses are provided), but in general this is an issue warfare centred around still in WWII (the infamous pictures of Polish cavalry charging German tanks - the cav units were used for transporting anti armour guns between ambush positions), and most ages before (Mieszko I is thought to have conquered early Polish tribes with ~100 very mobile mounted soldiers, talk about an exploit!).
    At least with perks not working, crossbows are still weak. Vatican (Urban II in 1096 andf Innocent II in 1139) had to issue a patch in real life to combat that power creep.

As for companions - I'm currently scouting the map for companions with tactics skill - they're rare and expensive (2k+) which can make us prone to getting the crappy ones if we want someone fast, but require taking your time if you want an actual commander. Having had very little luck finding ones with tactics I somewhat symphatize, but this again is dependant on player execution, the pieces are already there.
    That's not the issue, you can't even train them in tactics
  9. SP - General What Is not fun or engaging in bannerlord.

I've played for about 100 hours now, and I think I got a decent feel for the game. What's not fun: 1: high lvl companions with their tier skills set. You don't get to decide where you want them to become, so you get much less attachment to your companions. (There is one way to raise tactics, but...
  10. SP - General Players cannot be blacksmiths, it does not make sense.

If you apply the medieval snobbery, you should disable trading skills, medicine skills, probably, probably athleticism, scouting and maybe even engineering as well.
    If you go by the continental-european feudal culture, you shouldn't be able to have a workshop or build a caravan. Being a business owner is for the commonfolk (that's actually why france/spain failed their industrial revolution so hard while england didn't).

Kings didn't learn these skills, they hired people to do it for them. But this is an RPG, so we want to be able to be good in those things.
    A leader can do all those things, this isn't about noble snobbery. A practicing blacksmith on the other hand would never be accepted as a party leader E.V.E.R.
  11. SP - General Players cannot be blacksmiths, it does not make sense.

i like how OP is really mad as if his king ingame is a blacksmith and he just cant take it
    A king as a blacksmith? Don't get me started!
  12. SP - General Players cannot be blacksmiths, it does not make sense.

Yeah let's get rid of a complete gameplay mechanic that a lot of players like, just because it doesn't make historically sense... In a fantasy game :facepalm:
    I never said to get rid of it, I said it should only be useable by your companions that you recruit. A companion who is a blacksmith makes way more sense than a party leader who is a blacksmith.
  13. SP - General Players cannot be blacksmiths, it does not make sense.

Im somewhat of a history buff and I know for a fact the player cannot be a blacksmith. It was looked down upon by warriors and in some periods and in some places warriors were not even supposed to look at the process of a weapon being made let alone make one themselves, because it was said it...
  14. SP - General Clan level up reward inadequate and companion quest reward

I feel like it's very difficult to raise your clan level, but even when you do the gains are small. It would feel a lot more realistic at +2 companions per clan level. The second is the fact that the companions you find in the world are already prebuilt. What if after completing a task in a...
  15. Sjw slider and hardcaps on combat skills

Probably your genuinely psychotic list of media that didn't star exclusively Straight White Males. You seem like the kind of dude who'd call The Shawshank Redemption racist because it's got a black guy in it.

How did Annhiliation "get woke" anyway? The source material is about women. Are you trying to tell me Alien is a bad film? Stick to OneAngryGamer my dude, he seems more like your kind of people.
    Funny enough Shawshank redemption was my favorite movie, but this list was about movies/games/comics etc that went broke/bankrupt from catering to a group that won't buy from them. Also I think you meant to quote me.

My favorite character in warband:viking conquest was Brunhild, she had the best stats and was a general badass. Definitely the best companion. My argument isn't that woman warriors shouldn't be in bannerlord, my argument is they should be much rarer than 50/50 male female.
Back
Top Bottom