Recent content by OrANgExEddie

1. OrANgExEddie

MP [Poll] Cavalry in Siege mode

I have played a lot of siege mode since the start and by far the most annoying experience is the issues with cavalry in each game, especially in the late stages of a game. If anyone has participated in any of the siege events with Call to Arms, we were asked not to use cavalry. It was not...
  2. OrANgExEddie

MP Siege

I assume a number of people would disagree with this, but I honestly think Cavalry should have no place in sieges (or at least be limited). It honestly doesn't feel like a siege in its current state, when you have half of each team running around in the open with horses. If anything it is more of a TDM with capture points. Half the time I honestly can't tell the difference between the "warm-up phase" and the actual siege.

I realize these videos were from the SP part of the game, but surely I'm not the only one who hoped MP sieges would have a somewhat similar vibe...

^^That's what a siege should look and feel like and it's what I was so hyped for when Taleworlds first started working on the siege gamemode. Instead it is just a mess on so many levels. You can't even properly use siege engines like catapults without having some lancer run over, kill you, simply pick up the catapult's ammo and throw it at it--instantly destroying it--then hop back on their horse and resume spawn killing.

Other players are free to disagree, but I think:
    1. Cavalry should either be removed or heavily restricted.
    2. Defenders should be limited in where they can go (e.g not being able to easily run over to attacker spawns/siege equipment). I think this is also partly a map design issue, as some of the current maps really encourage rushing out as a defender more than they do actually defending your castle/flag.

On a side note:
    >Arrow baskets should possibly be a 1-time use only for each life. Why get an extra arrows perk when you literally have an unlimited supply of arrows sitting right next to you. Why even have an unlimited supply of arrows in the first place?

>Feels pointless saying it at this point, as people have been saying it for close to a year...but WHY do we have to be kicked out at the end of each round? Is bannerlord really incapable of actually changing from one map/round to another? This is an incredibly basic function expected in really every game ever, and yet Taleworlds still haven't managed to come up with a system at least similar to their previous game where you could actually start a new round and have a map rotation without making everyone re-join the server. In all honesty it feels embarrassing that I even need to point this out.

Please Taleworlds give the Multiplayer part of your game some love and fix some of these issues.

I fully agree with your point on cav. I personally would be much happier to see them removed or either heavily restricted in siege.

From my point of view:

>Cavalry spam, especially at the G flag in Altai and around the last three flags and spawns in Skala, is incredibly annoying. Horses everywhere, getting mostly killed by lances or stomped to the ground so often I can't catch my virtual breath. In both Skala and Altai, so many defenders are usually distracted by cav riding around at spawn in the later stages of the game.

>Every game, I mean literally every game (in the Skala map) there is always one cav that easily gets past to make their way to capture G flag, sometimes even unnoticed (especially because of the harbour that needs to be patched) until the flag is gone. It doesn't help that the horse can zig-zag up the stairs too.

>This is not as big as a deal, but defenders cav spawn killing and constantly distracting the siege weapons is just annoying. I think archers on the walls and defenders siege weapons is enough to disrupt attacker siege weapons.
  3. OrANgExEddie

Resolved Skala landings siege exploit - Underwater route to G

Every game I always go to defend the harbour from at least 1 person because many people are not aware of it. If no one does we always just end up losing G before anything else.?
  4. OrANgExEddie

Siege Skala Landings

Great Map, here is some feedback:

Needs gates here:
    Zwnge6o.png

Defenders need to spawn here with one-way barricades to prevent spawn camping. or make the keep enterable with a one-way barricade to prevent spawn-camping. With the current spawn timer, its almost impossible to defend last flag since the climb up the stairs takes too long

m5S75oM.jpg

eGzY8Hc.jpg
    Yeah, the stairs on the right up to G flag takes too long to climb. I find with this map once all the other flags are gone G can never be defended. Also yeah more one-way barricades I think would be great. Like the barricade between G and F. This barricade is usually broken by the defending team so that they can make their way to defend F.
  5. OrANgExEddie

Does recruiting clans in your own kingdom work properly?

It's a known bug that should be fixed on the next versions. Clans left for no reason after a few days even though you have good relation with them. Giving them fiefs may help but it's broken for now.
    Yeah. I've given clans a castle and then they just leave the next day to join the kingdom we are at war with and take the castle with them :ROFLMAO:
  6. OrANgExEddie

Siege Castle of fen Altai

• A and B flags should be swapped. B is easier to take than A because it's just on the ground.
    • The siege tower doesn't have enough health. It always gets broken before getting to the wall.
    • The main gate favors defenders too much. Not sure what could be changed. Perhaps some of the barricades for defense removed?
    • The final flag almost always favors attackers. Some additional defenses should be added there, especially some anti-cav ones.
    +1 for the siege tower not getting to the wall. I've probably played this map a few dozen times and I only ever remember seeing that siege tower make it to the wall maybe twice.
  7. OrANgExEddie

MP Party Highlight

Yeah definitely would love to see party highlighting implemented
  8. OrANgExEddie

MP Siege

Highlight arrow barrels and sticks for pushing ladders when holding alt. Time is wasted looking for them and sometimes they are not easy for the eye to catch. I find the question comes up in the chat asking where they are many times ?
  9. OrANgExEddie

SP - General Game speed should stick when clicking on map

You can double click to make your player fast forward around the map :smile:
  10. OrANgExEddie

SP - General Lower volume of startup splash screen

The whole master volume and everything else seems balanced for me, though the splash screen when starting the game where it shows the Taleworlds logo is where it seems to be considerably louder for me. I have to briefly take off my headset every time I load the game just for that screen. It...
  11. OrANgExEddie

AI keeps breaking sieges to go siege elsewhere and repeats (save available)

Yeah I've noticed this behaviour with the map AI too. In my case the Vlandians, but I think I've seen other kingdoms do it too
  12. OrANgExEddie

War declaration bug

It probably is, either way it will be changed eventually because it's super annoying, it makes proposing peace nearly pointless and a waste of money :xf-cry: In Warband, I think I remember there being a truce yes, where there was a certain amount of days a kingdom wouldn't declare war on each other.
  13. OrANgExEddie

Event log

I was wondering the same thing, it's annoying because a lot of the times I miss things like how many denars I earned from a battle and prisoner notifications etc etc
  14. OrANgExEddie

Resolved Mercenary contract does not expire

yeah, I left the kingdom as a mercenary and.. :grin:

vOv995R.jpg
  15. OrANgExEddie

Resolved Company of trouble - GAME BREAKING BUG

Yep.. I had an inventory full of dozens of horses worth thousands and they managed to steal nearly all of them while in my party :unsure: Even though most of my men were using them :ROFLMAO:
Back
Top Bottom