Recent content by oolongdao

1. SP - General Battanian Armory

That's ****ing wild, read some of the excerpts from Tacitus on the Wiki, even more wild lol. Seeing full manica and full helms is definitely making me brain spool a bit but really cool.

But damn, imagine wearing full scale / laminated armor bad out of 1/4 inch iron plates?
    think thats weird? it has a cousin in india called Sindhi Armor.
    DP151781.jpg
  2. SP - General Battanian Armory

I'm not playing Battania till we get this

voYLcwB.jpg
    a run button?
  3. SP - General Battanian Armory

I'd never heard of the Crupellarii until today and I consider my knowledge of armour of the period to be quite good. Regardless of anything else - I'm glad to learn something new.
    Babylonians invented the arch, concrete was discovered by either the Egyptians or Dravidians (or possibly even older). everything you think is roman is stolen.
  4. SP - General Battanian Armory

Why though. Bannerlord is set in a rough antiquity era. That armour would look really weird. Its not even really Celtic in origin either, its very much a Roman thing.
    The armor of the Crupellarii gladiator aswell as "roman" lamellar was likely adopted by the romans from the gaulish celts as Tacitus refers to the armor as being their "national dress", evidence shows that it may have it's origins with the scythians or more likely be a adaption of earlier IE lamellar armor.
  5. SP - General Battanian Armory

Historical or not... that just looks wildly out of place and breaks my suspension of disbelief just as much as existing Battanians do.
    Then your beliefs are wrong. Give the battanians Iron age celtic fullplate and throw a kilt over it. Give them giant winged, horned, and tusked helmets too.
  6. SP - General Bannerlord Quest Redesign

This is simple for me. I played the quest and i think i understand why it's so bad. 1. time limit. 2. negligible benefit 3. accomplishes nothing So the easiest way to fix that is simple. 1. make the banner divided in four and constantly in ownership of the rulers of Vlandia, Battania, Sturgia...
  7. SP - General Reusing "lost" noble children of extinct clans as companions when they turn 18-30.

It would be easier to
    A have children spawn into a fief you own
    B have them stay around afterwards regardless of who controls the city

from there a +5 to loyalty could be provided by the children until they age out unless killed. this means larger families provide larger bonuses.
  8. SP - General Battanian Armory

Battanian Crupellarii Armor
    iu
  9. Set Home city

You can always cheese the mechanic by setting your Companion as the governor of the city youre sitting in.

Set them as gov, leave the selection screen, go back to gov selection, replace them with original gov, grab companion from Keep or Taven.
    NO. No CHEESE. your asking for more work to be done on the player's behalf because a system in the game that can be fixed isn't being fixed.
  10. SP - General African Inspired Faction

Yeah, but I'm not reading the words of most people on Liberia. I read books by historians and cultural anthropologists and not one described Liberians as non-African.
    again, which liberians? the biracial americans, black american slaves, or krahn natives?
    You are conflating what little you know about Asiatic influence on Russians, with general cultural and genetic makeup of all Slavs.
    yes because the huns stopped at russia and never invaded europe proper, open a book or stop trying to construct gotchas.
  11. Set Home city

A Major issue i've run into is companions all over the place doing nothing, i think that by being able to set a character's home base you add a little organization to it.
  12. SP - General African Inspired Faction

So did half the groups of the migration period that ended up in Europe. The only reason to specify Slavs as "Asian" is to arbitrarily exclude them from Europe. Ethnobrained writers in Europe have been doing this since the 1700s.

You know what Indo-European is right?
    the difference being is that the slavic peoples solidified outside of europe unlike the rest and didn't migrate in until the beginning of the fall of rome and the pressure from the central asian hunnic peoples in the dark ages, other groups came in 3-4 thousand years prior if not more.
  13. SP - General African Inspired Faction

The question of whether Slavic people / The Russian State are part of Europe is such a long and complicated debate dating back so many hundreds of years, that this very argument is in part what led to the modern concept of Europe in the first place. You really can't sum it up as "they are genetically different" or "they are culturally different" because Russia itself cannot properly answer this question.

You're saying that you don't like to generalise SSA, but in the process you end up generalising everyone around them.
    because africa is next to russia and russia is the sole overseer of all that is slavic.
    These kinds of claims make you look foolish. Slavs are believed to originate in Eastern Europe and genetically only Eastern Slavs have some Asiatic mixing after they migrated East.
    I'm sure Czechs for example would like how you branded them separate from some mainline European culture. Maybe you like wrong generalizations and careless bull**** claims.
    Slavs originate in the ukrainian steppe and interbred with the numerous tribes that escaped persia. this makes them asian. The Czechs were the result of intermixing with Celts and being ruled over by numerous germanic states, they are the exception that proves the rule.
    This is the first time I've seen Liberians described as non-African...
    That's because most people don't understand the complex history of Liberia and it's internal racial strife that lead to the original founders, who were biracial americans, being exiled by ex-slaves who were sent there after the civil war because their lands of origin were still controlled by the much more powerful slave states of west africa. said ex-slaves made alliances with the native krahn tribe who had initially tried to steal the money offered for their land by the biracial founders in addition to attempting to enslave them and sell them to muslims which resulted in a war which left the krahn enslaved themselves due to british intervention. after the krahn and ex-slaves had kicked out the actual biracial Liberians the Krahn proceeded to genocide the still very american, blacks who were previously slaves and simply kept the name liberia because of it's association with america. So while the current Liberia is undeniably african it did not start out that way, nor was it ever intended as such.
  14. SP - General African Inspired Faction

You complain about the generalisation of "sub-saharan africa" but casually drop "west asia"?
    yes because east africans invaded both the arabian pennisula and egypt, then they we're involved heavily with several west asian kingdoms like Israel, the Hyksos through the egyptians, and the assyrians. mind you this isn't saying there wasn't east asian influence through trade as well which included china, india, and persia.
    I don't like generalizing SSA because africa is HUGE and complex while western asian culture tends to go with the flow and covers a much smaller area.
    I think we lost pretty much any logical reasoning a couple of posts ago.
    I won't even try to refute where does he think Slavic people comes from, are they Martian rather than European or something, from which people Russia got created ... it's a waste of time at this point. He conflates Slavs with "European" which says a lot ... Slavs are European... Rus are European.

Wait .. no I was about to explain my idea.. let's not continue on this, I give up.
    Slavic peoples initially formed culturally and genetically in the asian steppe and many slavic people today have east asian features. While they are related to modern europeans through a shared ancestry they are culturally and genetically different. Arguing otherwise is like considering Navajo to be Mongolian.
  15. SP - General African Inspired Faction

There's one specific group of people regularly bringing up Rhodesia.
    real genius, im a black white nationalist, i'd tell you to do stand up but you're a decade late. there are numerous non african sub-saharan groups. The south africans, the krio and liberians, the Malay...
    That's the point.
    Are you going to be fully contrarian and say that it's an horrible idea to call both a Spanish and a Russian European ?
    If you want to go specific, then nobody stops you to be more precise, say Southern or Mediterranean for Spain ( even Iberian Peninsula ) or Eastern Europe for the Russian Federation ( a part of it at least ).
    This is exactly what I'm doing right now, geographically speaking Eastern African civilizations are de-facto Sub-Saharan...

Why am I even responding to this.
    Yes because much like the aforementioned spanish, the east africans have a absurd amount of west asian cultural and genetic influence which seperates them from West and Central Africans. While the russians only adopted "european" culture relatively recently being more turkic and slavic previously. This is ofcourse assuming that europe is made of a group sharing a majority of commonalities the easiest of which to argue being that they are the people traditionally west of anatolia, which would exclude slavic and iranic people who were related to the inhabitants of europe and did intermarry with them but are considered genetically disparate enough to denote a separate group of people. however if you consider europe to be a landmass it becomes a question best left for a different person than I.
Back
Top Bottom