Recent content by Oldtimer

1. SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Greetings. I know it's been a long time but i want to tell you the solution in case you haven't fixed it yet. Configure > Video > click and actived "Load Textures On Demand". This way you will play on dx9 without crashing issues.

Also, is anyone else actively playing this mod? I just wondered :grin:
    I do.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  2. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Hi all,

is Perisno compatible with WSE2? It starts alright but lots of info that should appear down left of screen does not.
    Like abt. lords being defeated.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  3. Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Info doesn`t appear in Perisno.

In several cases when playing Perisno 1.4.5 some game info does not appear like:

- abt. troops due for upgrade,
    - when mission is accomplished(bell rings though) and more.

While trading with Mystic Merchant there are a lot of script error messages and down left info appears abt. a blue tourney helmet in different grades.
    It`s not like Perisno is unplayable but these issues are annoying as...

Rgds, Oldtimer
  4. SP SUBMOD - Pendor Rearmed

Hey!

Both in the base module and my submod you might receive offers of vassalage once your character gains some renown, I don't know the exact conditions for that or if you can get them while in a mercenary contract though.
    THX for your attn.,

if you consider an update, please make it possible for a successful merc to get offer of vassalage but only from his/hers current employer. That conforms with RL feudalism after all.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  5. NEWBIE question

@Taveren

Hi,

I would suggest installing the Pendor Rearmed mod. It improves PoP greatly. Otherwise it's like the devs say, play it the way you want. And set your own goals.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  6. SP SUBMOD - Pendor Rearmed

You have to ask your lord (Marius Imperator, Koningur Valdis, etc). You can't get vassalage from anyone but faction ruler.
    I see,

a pity that rulers do not offer vassalage to a successful employee. In RL they did.

THX for your attn.,

Oldtimer
  7. SP SUBMOD - Pendor Rearmed

Hi all,

can a merc receive offer of vassalage from his employer if successful enough? I have renown of over 1200, no RtR.
    I think I saw that opportunity mentioned somewhere.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  8. SP Dark Ages Medieval Adventure in the East

There's a Troop Tree button next to the unit's portrait in the party screen.
    THX for your attn.,

Rgds, Oldtimer
  9. SP Dark Ages Medieval Adventure in the East

Hi there,

where are the troop trees? I would also appreciate if it were possible to ask party members directly abt. their equipment.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  10. SP SUBMOD - Pendor Rearmed

@aubreydarnell

Hi,

just a clarification as there may be a possible misundersting. AFAIU those T1 troops you mention are not rogues just honest mercs. And they do appear in good numbers. What I meant is, say, blackhearts. Those I have not seen in taverns yet, day 103.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  11. SP SUBMOD - Pendor Rearmed

I think the lack of shields would be a point in your favor if archery and crossbows weren't nerfed as part of the mod. 2h weapon users make it to the enemy infantry line much more often than in the root mod due to this, all other things equal. Protecting ranged infantry is largely trivial.
    My point about leveling them up is that the rogue nobles have the same 20-35/40 gap that proper nobles have. This should not be the case. Rogue nobles are far and away easier to acquire, especially since the mod author increased tavern spawns to...2x? 4x? what you'd see in the root mod.
    So you can get literally dozens of some of the top archers & 2hers in the game for trivial prices with a lv20 trainer. It makes early game too easy and dilutes the power of lordship.
    Hi,

I suspect we may be playing different games, I`m on day 100 in my playthrough and I have not met a rogue noble looking for work in a tavern yet... Not one...
    All things considered one may think that rogues of all kind should be STRONGER than ordinary men. They live in constant danger, fight often for their lives so if they survive for some time they should be very skilled. But then they should also be more expensive. One might think pirates, most of them were subsistence outlaws with farming implements for weapons and dugouts(Carribean Sea) with careers spanning a few weeks. But then there were others, strong enough to be a military and political factor. This outlaw pop pyramid applies everywhere.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  12. SP SUBMOD - Pendor Rearmed

Been playing this for a few weeks now. Well done. I really appreciate how you've diversified the noble troop lines.
    I would ask that you reconsider the balance, tavern frequency, & levels of your mid-range new nobles (Ravenstern Noble Archers, Wolf Warriors, etc). The fact that you can personally train Ulfhedinn and Noble Wardens at level 20 (or with a 20 companion) is a much more effective option than any other mercenary hire. And the fact that they're as abundant in taverns makes it ridiculously easy to acquire huge stacks of the starter troop.

My complaint is basically that the adventurer replacements you made are OP across the board. It's almost trivial to find a stack of Rogue Squire equivalents, train them to 250+ proficiencies, and use them to constitute the majority of your army early game.

I don't think enough playtesting went into this personally. The new rogue nobles are fun, but utterly decimate other troops. It's clear you intended to make them strong, which is fine, but if they're this strong, they shouldn't be so easy to acquire and train.

My recommendation would be to increase the troop level of all of the new rogue noble troops. Then on top of that, reduce their frequency somewhat within taverns, in lieu of more common mercenaries like Singalians, Mercenaries, Maidens, and the Warden/Sheriff line. You may also want to look at reducing Veteran Ulfhedinn throwing skill, and perhaps Ravenstern Noble Archer archery skill. They both make mincemeat out of pretty much everything else they face.

I've not acquired many Mamlukes, so no comment besides the same leveling request. Sarleon Foot Knights, besides leveling, are fine since they don't have a throwing weapon.
    I beg to differ,

IMO the troops you mention are not OP. Besides, Ravenstern Noble Archers and Ulfhedinns lack shields. That makes them vulnerable. Try them in an attack on a RB cache and you will see what I mean. Training them up also takes a fairly long time.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  13. Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Daimyo Reimagined pistols.

Can they be bought somewhere? Or only looted?

Rgds, Oldtimer
  14. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Lords joining/being exiled.

Hi all,

what factors decide which new faction a lord will join? In my current playthrough Sut has abt. 20 lords and no free fiefs. Actually they have only their starting settlements. Several of these landless morons can field armies of more than 100 men/women.

Kuu-lan, my faction, has one town, three castles and one free fief... And only two lords joined up and got fiefs. Some who joined earlier and were to get fiefs according to Boshman were exiled before that and the fiefs in question allocated to Boshman and/or his brothers.
    Our armies are pitiful in numbers on top of that. So my second question is why Boshman exiles lords he wanted to enfeof?

You may look up my posts on Cretas. We had lots of fiefs to give but few lords joined up and were exiled almost immediately. And we had many more setllements than Kuu-lan has now.

Rgds, Oldtimer
  15. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Isn't it nice!!
    Actually, no. It' s tampering.

Rgds, Oldtimer
Back
Top Bottom