Recent content by Olaf the Terrible

1. SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

I'm back, with a few (a ton of) photos that I'll eventually upload :lol:

I'll be putting my time in between summer assignments, an internship and this mod; unfortunately, this mod will lose every time. With that said, I will be giving it some love over the weekends; maybe weekdays, as I will be taking a Computer Game Design course (I could make some models in Inventor while in Engineering).  Anyway, it's going to be crazy around here, and expect some random goodies: 2D drawings of North America, 3D models from a Engineering program, maybe even a GUI (If I remember VB)
    OneTwo other things:

I didn't lock the Alpha, and I noticed that more people downloaded it than were on the team; if you downloaded, please post your comments and remember, it's an Alpha

Check the new poll out!
  2. SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

caprera said:
    I gave them the Fraciska name because of the gameplay. Player needs to choose and it's needed a differentiation from common Heriban, or commoners/peasants, and because of this axe their equipment is much different. They are line infantry with short ranged weapons thrown before charge, or at a charging enemy. Moreover they have shields and swords, so not a similar role to the classical javelineer of the past...
    I know what Franciskas were used for, I guess my point is to put a tag next to them or something to indicate that they will carry a ranged weapon (maybe another asterisk), but the weapon is short ranged.  Basically the way your troop trees are set up now, some might not know that comitatenses have a pilum, for example, and will tell them to charge at the enemy, not knowing that they had a (limited) ranged weapon.

Looks exactly like the picture Gothic Knight, Nice work! :grin:
  3. SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

caprera said:
    Still need to figure out all the original names but here is the first two troop tree for "barbarians".
    FRANKS
    Commoners
    Heriban
    Spearmen
    Faramanne
    Hvy Faramanne
    Infantry
    Heriban Franciska
    Warriors
    2H Axemen
    Nobles and elite warriors
    Cavalry
    Rideras
    Cnithe
    Nobles
    Antrostja
    Shooters
    same as above

EDIT:

Suggestions are welcome about how to give names to Germanic settlements and villages.

The Franks' Franciska was a axe-throwing infantry unit, so they could also be considered shooters
    About the villages (You might need another poll), you could have the Latin versions of the areas, as I doubt that there is any language left from a few of the tribes (Lombardi & Alamanni).  Or get one, or two tribes' names for the others.  Just my two cents
  4. Most dissapointing game for you?

The most disappointing games I've ever played would have to be in this order
    [list type=decimal]
    Stronghold Crusader Extreme
    Reasons:
    • Added 'God Powers'
    • Reinstalled over Crusader
    • Required a CD to play

[list type=decimal]
    Napoleon: Total War
    Reasons:
    • Required Steam(Still)
    • Buggy as hell, with no patches for months on end
    • Multiplayer Campaign was only two players
    • AI read Sun Tzu's Art of war after it was translated between languages 1000 times
  5. SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

Ithil said:
    how meny votes did Aztecs get?
    They had four votes, every one else had one; it's recorded on the first page now so people can check it out :smile:
  6. SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

caprera said:
    Here my WIP for the map i designed today as a reference built up by many other maps:
    Looks like you'll have a little bit of the Eastern Empire in there by the looks of it, liking the fact that you have the Franks & Saxons :grin:, but I believe the Vandals would be in Spain by now, unless I am confused, which is highly likely :lol:
  7. SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

Gzack123 said:
    i'd be glad to help in any way, though im not good at coding
    I could do research on the people of the early Americas :mrgreen:
    This is great, you have a pm :grin:

Looks like the Aztecs won the poll, so I shall be working on them next; I will try to have them done before the end of this week
  8. SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

New Screens(1st page) and poll, I am a far as I can go with the Iroquois, so I'm now working on the dialogue for all factions
  9. SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

A small question on the map area, from the North sea to the Black sea, does this mean the sea and the area around it, or is it just central Europe?
    If it is indeed the first one, then the Sassinids would be pushing the Eastern Empire, and cause them to focus on themselves more so than the Western Empire.  I believe I would add a lot to the feel of the game, because everything would be more desperate.  Also, it would add another big faction, allowing the player to conquer Rome as a enlightened civilization. 
  10. SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

Ithil said:
    If you guys need still weapons of aztecs http://www.runtimedna.com/images/D/product_image_full_4043.jpg some pict
    this is for great aztecs http://www.batuhijauschool.org/Asmat/studentpages/shaza/Social%20studies/Aztec%20pictures/aztecs40.gif
    Thanks, we'll see how well I can model :grin:

iggorbb said:
    Finally. The real stuff.
    Real with slight modifications; but then what's real? :wink:

Just-ME said:
    Great idea for a mod. I wish I could help you but I only possess minimal skill and have no time, the best I can do is to wish you luck also.  :wink:
    Thanks, when you have time, feel free to help :grin:

spaceoden said:
    I did, and even though I've taken the maximum number of graphic arts classes, I can't seem to make a banner without pictures  :???: :oops:  I'm much better at modeling/drawing. I'm going to give Sculptris a shot. It seems to look like Autodesk Inventor, hopefully less buggy; haven't downloaded/tried Maya yet.

PrayForPlagues said:
    ah man this should be a good one!
    I've never seen anyone start a mod about pre-columbian native america. +respect and I wish you luck  :wink:
    Well the Sioux wouldn't be useful without horses, so I'm going to have to pretend that Columbus shipwrecked, got killed be Seminoles, and the horses roamed free. :lol:  Just thought of a new merc because of this: Sioux Buffalo Riders :razz:
  11. [B] Blood and Steel 1.05

I think I found your first bug:
    Choosing a Male, Peasant Revolutionary, started off with a sarranid dress
    Other than that nothing so far, unless 49 mercs are out of the ordinary...

Looking really good though :grin:

12. SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

CinuzIta said:
    Look at this! maybe you could ask for some models to clegane, or for anything else!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,65343.0.html

Thanks for that, creating a pm :grin:
  13. SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

Sorry about not being here, had some unexpected issues upgrading my rig to windows 7 :oops:
    celestialwarrior said:
    Will this be a historical mod? If so, is there any specific time period that the mod covers?
    It will be as close to historically accurate as long as balancing permits. The troops would be close, but I'm selecting a 'fun over history' approach to this.  Unfortunately some history has been lost, but will be as close as possible, I will have fictional characters, but the locations and names of places will be real.  As for the time, I was thinking 1450, but I will stretch history a little by including horses at that time. Think of this as a total war game, minus the bugs :wink:

@Peralta: the art would be greatly appreciated :grin:
  14. SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

Lord Benrir said:
    Ah, I see. I don't really know much about native americans. Oh, I nearly forgot! Good luck with this! :grin:
    Thanks, I'll need it when I try to learn how to make banners :grin:
Back
Top Bottom