[],
    [
    ("go_back",[],"Go Back",
    [
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_village"),
    ]),
    ]
    ),
    Ahhh thank you! I could have sworn I already tried something like that, but I guess not.
  2. Jummin2

Help with game menus (and slavery)

("Manage Slaves.",
    [
    (assign, "$g_next_menu", "mnu_manage_slaves"),
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_manage_slaves"),

]),

That's the condition block
    Look how other menus are made...

("managing_slaves",[], "Manage Slaves.",
    [
    ]),

I'm not sure I understand. I already have something similar in place for the villages:

#### Calradia 1000 Begin
    ("manage_slaves_village.",
    [
    (neg|party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, svs_looted),
    (neg|party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, svs_being_raided),
    (neg|party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_village_infested_by_bandits, 1),
    ]
    ,"Manage the Slaves.",
    [
    (assign, "$g_next_menu", "mnu_manage_slaves"),
    ]),
    #### Calradia 1000 End
    I'm probably misinterpreting what you're trying to tell me, but the issue is with this line of code (as far as the module system says):

("manage_slaves",[],"Manage Slaves",
    [
    ("go_back",[],"Go Back",
    [
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_village"),
    ]),
    ]
    ),

This is supposed to be the menu that you jump to after clicking the option in the village, currently the only thing you can select is "Go Back" but it's creating errors in the module system. Sorry if I misunderstood what you said, this is an advanced level of coding for me :razz:
  3. Jummin2

Help with game menus (and slavery)

and I placed the code for managing slaves in villages between going to the village center and recruiting volunteers. ("Manage Slaves.", [ (assign, "$g_next_menu", "mnu_manage_slaves"), (jump_to_menu, "mnu_manage_slaves"), ]), #### Calradia 1000 End...
  4. Jummin2

[SOLVED] Issues with Banners/Scenes

There should somewhere be an option in which you can mark the thread as being solved, not sure yet how the new forum works at all aspects.
    ^^^ I couldn't agree more, that would be extremely useful so the modding section isn't all filled up with old threads. Maybe a "Modding Archives" section, where after 6 months or after being marked as solved it would go there. And you reminded me, I'll put up a [SOLVED] in the title name of the thread(s) until they add more features to the forums (if they add more features?). Anyways, thanks a lot for the feedback. Modding is a rewarding yet painful journey and every bit of help makes it easier - and more fun.
  5. Jummin2

That indicates for me a bit that you have not properly set them up in the brf files. Did you just replace the old banners with new ones, having the same name or did you add additional ones?

If you have added new banners, so that there are more than before, be aware that you shouldn't add them within the old list of banners in module_sceneprops. The sceneprop list is getting called by the scenes and if you add something in the middle, the scene is, for example, still calling the 50st sceneprop for that specific position, no matter if it is still a flag prop or a tower. If you add new scene props, add them at the end, keep the listing the other scene props the same. Not needed ones can get replaced with new ones, otherwise just keep them as some kind of empty dummy scene prop which can get filled up later.
    That's how I recall it, people with more knowledge at scenes can correct me or give a more profound answer.

I hope they bring back a theme for the old feeling ^^
    My bad for not being clear on this in the little edit I put at the end. I already fixed the problem a couple days ago, module.ini issues and several .py issues. Anyways, thanks for taking the effort to give some feedback (very few do, it seems) and I hope they add some sort of "legacy" theme under preferences > style where the forums would have the same look as before. :grin:
  6. Jummin2

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Shore smoothing in Thorgrims was only designed to work with the original triangular mesh. It’s programmed to smooth triangles to disguise the underlying mesh. If you start with anything else, such as the heavily modified Native map it can and does crash. Its a free function to help, not a magic wand.
    Darn, I wish it could be easier. Thanks for the information though.
  7. Jummin2

Creating banners is time-consuming and I lack the skill in GIMP to make good banners, so I'm using Quapitty's Banner Pack in my mod. (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,279661.msg6664602.html#msg6664602) First thing's first, the banners don't appear in game. And when you become a...
  8. Jummin2

I'm hoping this isn't a difficult question, but when I use the shore smoothing button in Thorgrim's Map Editor with the native warband map the editor freezes and simply closes the window. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  9. Jummin2

Problems with merging Freelancer 1.51

Dj_FRedy said:
    Try to use spoilers for the logs, the messages are more beautiful and readable for the display of the message and do not worry, we have all started at some point.
    Copy the textures from the download to the 'Textures' folder of your mod.
    Thank you! This seems so easy after doing it once. Also the "3 0 0" in the modsys log isn't causing any issues other than it's an eye sore in the code as far as I can tell. Again, thank you. Without people like you with quick and helpful responses I wouldn't be able to do this. :grin:
  10. Jummin2

Dj_FRedy said:
    That's because you must add the 'mesh' to your mod in addition to the code.
    Download: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3459
    Resource/pics_freelancer.brf

Add textures to your mod.
    Copy 'pics_freelancer.brf' to the 'Resource' folder of your mod.
    Add to module.ini of your mod for example before #animations:
    Code:
    load_mod_resource = pics_freelancer
    Sorry for being such a noob at modding (you have better things you could be doing other than helping me), but I'm now getting an RGL error: "Couldn't load 'Textures/pic_soldier_world_map.dds'" and the same error pops up for the other meshes too when I try and open their respective windows.

Also, my module system works but every few lines of exporting meshes/scripts/whatever there are just the numbers "3 0 0" as their own line:
    3 0 0
    Initializing...
    3 0 0
    Compiling all global variables...
    Exporting strings...
    Exporting skills...
    Exporting tracks...
    Exporting animations...
    3 0 0
    Exporting meshes...
    Exporting sounds...
    Exporting skins...
    3 0 0
    Exporting map icons...
    Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
    Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
    Exporting faction data...
    Exporting item data...
    3 0 0
    Exporting scene data...
    3 0 0
    Exporting troops data
    Exporting particle data...
    3 0 0
    Exporting scene props...
    3 0 0
    Exporting tableau materials data...
    3 0 0
    Exporting presentations...
    Exporting party_template data...
    3 0 0
    Exporting parties
    Exporting quest data...
    Exporting info_page data...
    3 0 0
    Exporting scripts...
    3 0 0
    Exporting mission_template data...
    3 0 0
    Exporting game menus data...
    3 0 0
    exporting simple triggers...
    3 0 0
    exporting triggers...
    exporting dialogs...
    3 0 0
    Checking global variable usages...
    Imported 20 global variables for saved-game compatability that are not used.
    Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
    Press any key to exit. . .
    Thanks for your help so far, and hopefully this is the last issue with merging the Freelancer mod for me.
  11. Jummin2

Dj_FRedy said:
    The first link leads to the source.
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,174845.msg4199986.html#msg4199986
    The 1.51 freelancer freelancer_meshes.py from that link has exact same text as the one in my module system.
    They both list the missing meshes, but the meshes just don't appear in-game.

freelancer_meshes.py:

# Freelancer (1.3) by Taragoth
    # Released 11 July 2011
    # Edits by Caba'drin 14 Dec 2011
    # Mod-Merger'd by Windyplains, Monnikje and Caba'drin

from header_meshes import *

####################################################################################################################
    #  Each mesh record contains the following fields:
    #  1) Mesh id: used for referencing meshes in other files. The prefix mesh_ is automatically added before each mesh id.
    #  2) Mesh flags. See header_meshes.py for a list of available flags
    #  3) Mesh resource name: Resource name of the mesh
    #  4) Mesh translation on x axis: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    #  5) Mesh translation on y axis: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    #  6) Mesh translation on z axis: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    #  7) Mesh rotation angle over x axis: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    :cool: Mesh rotation angle over y axis: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    #  9) Mesh rotation angle over z axis: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    #  10) Mesh x scale: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    #  11) Mesh y scale: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    #  12) Mesh z scale: Will be done automatically when the mesh is loaded
    ####################################################################################################################

meshes = [
    #+freelancer begin
      ("pic_soldier_world_map", 0, "pic_soldier_world_map", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1),
      ("pic_soldier_rebel", 0, "pic_soldier_rebel", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1),
      ("pic_soldier_desert", 0, "pic_soldier_desert", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1),
    #+freelancer end
    ]

from util_common import *

def modmerge_meshes(orig_meshes):
        # add remaining meshes
        from util_common import add_objects
        num_appended, num_replaced, num_ignored = add_objects(orig_meshes, meshes)
        print num_appended, num_replaced, num_ignored

# Used by modmerger framework version >= 200 to merge stuff
    # This function will be looked for and called by modmerger if this mod is active
    # Do not rename the function, though you can insert your own merging calls where indicated
    def modmerge(var_set):
        try:
            var_name_1 = "meshes"
            orig_meshes = var_set[var_name_1]
            modmerge_meshes(orig_meshes)
        except KeyError:
            errstring = "Variable set does not contain expected variable: \"%s\"." % var_name_1
            raise ValueError(errstring)
  12. Jummin2

Dj_FRedy said:
    Check the freelancer files, there are comments of type 'FLORIS ONLY/Floris or no Diplomacy'. As for the missing mesh, well, missing mesh... add the mesh to your mod.

Thank you! No more errors about anything in the Module system. The only error is the missing mesh which looks really ugly.
    TeYZR7t.jpg

Do you know would I find the missing mesh and add it back in?
  13. Jummin2

I'm trying to merge Freelancer 1.51 into my mod using ModMerger(currently I'm using Floris 2.55's Freelancer .py files and Caba'drin's ModMerger Additions to see if they would fix the issue, they didn't). I can join armies and I believe most anything else but I get errors in the console and...
  14. Jummin2

I recently added some banners to a new faction I created as they were simply using flags from other factions, and red text would pop up in the left hand corner saying "NOT ENOUGH BANNERS" each time I started a new game.

I added the banners and I think I did everything right, by following this tutorial: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334271.0.html

However the module system has errors that I tried to find and fix, but couldn't, and also the game stops and freezes and an RGL error appears.
    The RGL error says: "Unexpected end to file Modules/MyMod/scripts.txt"

Here is the module system log:
    https://pastebin.com/nbmnYdeq

Any help?
  15. Jummin2

[WB] Thorgrim's Editor Terrain [HELP]

map.txt is organised as follows:
    A. The first row is a single number, which is the number of vertices,
    B. The next set of rows are of three numbers each, being the x,y,z coordinates of each vertex listed in order (but unnumbered) running from zero to the total number of vertices minus one,
    C. The next row is a single number, which is the number of polys,
    D. The final set of rows are of six reference numbers, each for each poly, listed in order (but unnumbered) running from zero to the total number of polys minus one. The reference numbers are:
    1. Terrain code (i.e. 8 = river etc).
    2. Zero - presumably unused.
    3. Three - I assume this confirms that each poly is composed of three vertices.
    4-6. The list numbers of the three vertices making up that particular poly.
    ^^^ This information is very helpful!
    To change vertex heights you need to:
    A. Paint the terrain to be adjusted a unique terrain so it can be searched for. If your map has no snow, use that.
    B. Import map.txt into excel. When asked the fields are delimited by a space, not fixed length.
    C. Add vertex list numbers (0 to total-1).
    D. Search the last poly section for terrain code 4 if using snow as an identifier and note all that poly’s vertex numbers.
    E. Change the z coordinate for each vertex of each snow poly.
    F. Reformat map.txt and export from excel.

However this one I was stumped on for a while. I set the area of which I would like to be flat to all sand - the only sand on my entire map.
    I've never used excel in my life, but I set it to delimited and all looked fine. Yet I'm at a loss as to what "Add vertex list numbers ( 0 to total-1)." means.

Then, also, I don't know how to do this "Search the last poly section for terrain code 4 if using snow as an identifier and note all that poly’s vertex numbers," nor do I know how to do this "Change the z coordinate for each vertex of each snow poly," and finally this " Reformat map.txt and export from excel."

Sorry to have all these questions, but when it comes to Mount & Blade modding I'm a newbie. Is there any way you could explain it more thoroughly? :lol:
Back
Top Bottom