Recent content by No idea

1. Dual wield!

In history the only actually used dual-wielding would be a long blade + parrying dagger combo (or katana and wakizashi in japan). Anything else was used just for show, in stuff like fencing, etc, or an extreme oddity, and most of those painting depicting it in actual battles were merely artistic interpretations.

So as cool as it sounds, it's just not practical in combat.

During the late XVI and XVII century in west europe it wasnt unheard of to wield a rapier and a dagger
  2. Some thoughts and critiques from a professional game developer and ex-modder of M&B/Warband.

I would add: take autoblock back for those who play that way
  3. Why is every single NPC ugly as sin....and white?

I agree people is extremely ugly, almost with no exception. But so was in Warband and MnB
  4. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

seriously.. you want the advantages of two handed but without the downsides... you might as well delete shields

I dont think so. If they allowed autoblock (as in previous games, it is not something new) shield would still give you an important adventage when fighting against missiles (arrows, bolts...). With a 2H weapon, you are/were eaten alive against archers.

Besides, let people to play the game as they like to play it, instead of forcing them to play as you think it should be played/you like to play it
  5. Please, give us an "automatic block" and "automatic coach lance" option

I guess I can agree, at least give people the option. However personally, I kind of want to get good with blocking I can see why auto blacking is not in the game you could just legitly spam right click and never die or block most blows but now it takes a lot a whole lot of skill, too much skill for being as weak as you are ingame but I am slowly getting used to it and kind of like it knowing I am not just getting stronger in game but in real life my reactions to block the right way and learning the AI is coming into place. I just wish the AI wasn't so aggressive, they can get really spammy at times with there attacks but usually a bash and kick slow them down

I am not asking for it in MP, that would be an unfair advantage. I am asking for it in SP (as an option, of course)
  6. I really didn't want to be this disappointed

So far I have played for 75 minutes and I liked it. Yes, it is Warband, but it is Warband on steroids, which is what I was hoping. Yes, there are lots of things to improve, balance and expand, but this is early access. The only thing I think they should have reworked from scratch but they didnt was the clunky way to command troops. Something like the total war games system (where you simply click, drag and drop units around) is way better, and they had the money and the time to do it.
  7. Please, give us an "automatic block" and "automatic coach lance" option

Yes, I tried with Warband but I coudlnt. Around half the times I didnt get it right (which basically means I am absolute crap at it, as, estadistically, a blind folded monkey would have blocked half the strikes). Now I am 43, so I doubt things will have improved.

I can play the game using a shield and a sword, but it takes a good part of the enjoyment knowing I will never be able to use a 2H weapon. They are much cooler to wield.
  8. Please, give us an "automatic block" and "automatic coach lance" option

I am reallly bad with my reflexes and in Warband there was an option to make blocking automatic (if you at least pressed the right mouse button). There was an option to make couch lance automatic also. The problem for me is that I am not quick enough to block strikes so wielding a 2H weapon is...
  9. Skill Advancement & Leveling Up

KhergitLancer80 said:
    I realised we didnt discuss a very important thing.
    Maybe I didnt see it I dont know.

Will skill advancement be like Warband or will Bannerlord change it radically ?

In E3 2017 horse archer sergeant video ''Eren gained a skill point in riding''

We know that in WB we choose in which skill to advance with the skill point we gained when we level up.
    I wonder if this new system will apply for all skills or just some skills belonging to specific attributions like only strength and agility.

If it will apply for all skills how will we advance in tracking, first aid etc ?
    Will attributions still be a thing or will we only have skills.

My Demands:
    -I only want skills in the game no levels or attributions.
    -I want all skills to advance as we practice them in the game.
    -I dont want them to prevent each others advancement: I shall be able to level up both in shield and ironflesh, their needed exp points shall fill the bar independently. When I get hit if I dont die or get knocked down only my ironflesh bar shall get filled. When I ride a horse my riding bar shall get filled.

-But skill points may not be completely independent from each other. When I advance in first aid, it shall lower the needed exp points to advance in surgery and wound treatment.When I advance in riding it shall lower the needed exp points for horse archery.

I like the original system, with attributes and skill advance on level up. Skyrim like systems (the one you proposed) make for endless grinding.
  10. What do you guys think of a stamina system in Bannerlord?

Rainbow Dash said:
    I decided to put this poll up because I notice that more and more people are proposing the implementation of stamina in the game.

What are your guy's thoughts?

What would be the difference between a stamina system and weapon speed? They play the same role, after all. Well, there might be some difference if you apply stamina to running also.
  11. How old are you ppl waiting for bannerlord?

40. Waiting since the dawn of times
  12. About TW communication on release date

578 said:
    They started the development of Bannerlord exactly after Warband released (no DLCs) but had to scrap 2 years of work and restart it.

Why? Does anybody know?
  13. About TW communication on release date

I would rather that they gave us a broad release date, for example, 2018, and, as they see fit, give more details (first half, third quarter...). But, above all, be honest about it.

And someday I would love to hear why the hell it has taken so long to do the game. Iirc, it has been six years and still counting.

Anyway, I really hope we will finally see BL this year.
  14. Most useless skill is.... and how to improve it

Brew said:
    Persuasion is also pretty useless, its very hard to persuade good lords to join your cause. It only works on companions a few times.
    Tracking has very limited use, the only times I have found it useful are "follow the spy" mission and track down group that has attacked travellers mission,this mission has become very hard to complete as its often offered when vast distances are involved ie windholm guildmaster sent me to track down jatu army :facepalm:
    Tracking has helped me with the above missions
    I'd also add athletics, the very slight speed increases are hardly noticable.

I dont agree with persuasion being useless. It is quite good once you are a lord. With, lets say, 5 points in persuasuion (something you can easily get, as there is a tome and an achievement which grants you a persuasion point, iirc) lords will join you more. 5 points make an important difference there. 10 points makes things easy to convince lords to join your faction. Especially early in your kingdom that is very relevant. If you want the numbers I think they were posted at the pop wiki.
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

WebSite said:
    "Scans" of the issue, for those of you that want to read it. (all of you I presume)

http://imgur.com/DyTta6j

Thanks a lot lad. So, we can hope the game to be out this year "in one form or another" (beta access?)
Back
Top Bottom