Recent content by NicoleUK

1. NicoleUK

Bannerlord - Adding custom armour (cloth physics issue?)

im getting this message when i try save the mesh settings in the cloth editor:

"Unable to save cloth mesh Package is protected. Protected items can not be modified."

any ideas how to save it?
  2. NicoleUK

Discussion Cloth Editor Cant save cloth editor settings - PLEASE HELP

Hey :smile: Im using the toolkit to add some custom armour but im unable to save any changes in the cloth editor im getting this message when i try save the mesh settings: "Unable to save cloth mesh Package is protected. Protected items can not be modified." any ideas how to save it?
  3. NicoleUK

Cant save cloth editor settings - PLEASE HELP

Hey :smile: Im using the toolkit to add some custom armour but im unable to save any changes in the cloth editor im getting this message when i try save the mesh settings: "Unable to save cloth mesh Package is protected. Protected items can not be modified." any ideas how to save it?
  4. NicoleUK

Cant save cloth editor settings - PLEASE HELP

Hey :) Im using the toolkit to add some custom armour but im unable to save any changes in the cloth editor im getting this message when i try save the mesh settings: "Unable to save cloth mesh Package is protected. Protected items can not be modified." any ideas how to save it?
  5. NicoleUK

Ok so I did what you said and normalized the weights (i think i did it right) Its still working fine in the cloth editor and it looks fine in the model viewer while its static but as soon as I animate it goes messed up.

Added screenshots to show the armour looking fine in the cloth editor and looking fine while static in the model viewer

1-uFG.png

Kn2SJ.png

uC8Zt.png

bKaq8.png

2v508.png

wHqvQ.png

these screenshots show what i mean by "messed up" when its animated (it doesnt have any cloth physics when its animated and bits are floating off it)

fdRJh.png

pLMH1.png

This is the resource folder with the mesh so I dont think im missing anything

otqND.png

can anyone tell me where im going wrong?
  6. NicoleUK

Im trying to save the changes in the cloth editor but when i go back into it none of the changes are there? it seems like its not saving :sad: Im clicking the save mesh settings...

also regarding the rigging... The models i added in were rigged to skeletons and they seemed to have the weights already on them. I thought they would transfer over... do i need to redo the weights?

I added a custom helmet that seems to be fine... Its just the armour thats messed up which leads me to believe its something to do with the cloth physics?

Im confused lol

M-4J2.png

EnT8W.png

FJeTc.png

fOF4H.png

added some example screenshots to show the weights seems to be already there... I spliced two armours together (well the top is a gambeson and the bottom half is a dress) and both were rigged, I just deleted one of the skeletons and merged the meshes together as one mesh that shared 1 skeleton...

Im lost as to what im doing wrong lol
  7. NicoleUK

I managed to get it looking as it should in the cloth editor now so thats a step forward lol (I hadnt realised I needed to erase the alpha on the vertex colour... did that and it seems to be fine in the cloth editor now!)

BUT i have now ran into another issue... when I view the armour in the 'model viewer' its messed up... the cloth physics are not working and the mesh is all pointy lol im not sure how to describe. Im confused because it looks fine in the cloth editor so what am i doing wrong in the model viewer??

w7JrL.jpg

wpQvA.jpg

Iv added pics of what i mean and circled the areas with red... its hard to get a pic because when the armour is static it looks fine its just when its using an animation that it goes funky.... like i said it works fine in the cloth editor so im puzzled ??

ufFfe.png

oW--v.png

These pics show that when its static it looks fine... not sure why when its animated it goes messed up lol....

please someone help me lmao im so confused :sad:
  8. NicoleUK

Hey :) So Im trying to add some custom armour into my game but im having some issues that i cant seem to sort... Im basically adding a skirt to one of the chainmail tops, nothing fancy... I have managed to extract the meshes (using Tpac) and editing them in blender and imported it into the...
  9. NicoleUK

SP Native Realistic Female Troops

well I didnt want them to have silly unrealistic names... so instead of a bowman they are a bowwoman... I thought that was the most logical and plausible name ? I considered archeresses but that seemed kinda... too fancy.
  10. NicoleUK

Why is the name of the womens army not allowed to be spelt? lmao its not a swear word??

J O S H I T A I :smile:
  11. NicoleUK

That is very interesting, I do use your mod so I will have a look at your suggestions... Maybe even remove the elite female units just so they are mainly levy and low tier fillers?

And speaking of 2h polearms.... If the Samurai mod comes out I will be adding Onna-Bugeisha to them armed with the naginata (based on the Jō****ai women's army, led by Takeko who fought at Aizu). But they were not heavily armoured they fought in their hakama, their only protection or defence been their naginata.
  12. NicoleUK

I could, to make it a bit more realistic maybe, add some bows with lighter draw weights? That way they can still have a quality bow in the higher tiers but it will be weaker than the one the men are using...

Do you think this would be a good solution?
  13. NicoleUK

Thats not true, they are equally hard to use at same draw weight, difference is that they are roughly 20% more effective. So 130 pound composite bow (and we are talking Mongol/Turkish type, Hunic - weather resistant ones are bit less efficient) have comparable power to 160 pound longbow, but to fully draw 130lb composite (in order to achieve armor piercing effect for example) you need same strength as to draw 130lb longbow, which is still a lot. So yes women (or weak men / children) can draw composite bow or longbow, what matters to both damage and difficulty of drawing is is draw weight. For example olympic bows use draw weight of 50 pounds (comparable in draw weight to weak medieval bow), war bows (aka bows that can threaten mail or scale armor) start around 90-100 pounds of draw weight for comparion. So in order to use high tier bow woman needs to have lets say "masculine" look.
    I get what your saying but recurve bows they distribute the weight differently meaning you can pull a stronger weight on a recurve bow with less struggle. Yes if we are talking about the extreme side with war bows meant to be armour piercing then yes they were a different thing.

The thing is (if we are talking about steppe tribes especially) it wasn't common for the average low-tier warrior to have these kind of bows they would use one probably a little stronger than a hunting bow but something that wasnt specifically a war bow. Steppe horse archers relied on mass volleys of arrows the arrows themselves were usually poisoned. They were not known for individual archers with strong bows but a mass of horse archers firing a mass of volleys... Some of these horse archers would have been veteran warriors with special war bows but probably most were the typical tribesman with his trusty hunting bow. Bows are primarily for hunting afterall and that was their main purpose for the average steppe nomad after that would be self defence...

Thats the kind of women I have in my mod - the nomadic tribeswoman who has her horse and hunting bow assisting in the ranks to build up the numbers. (They certainly are not OP - more like a novelty troop)

Also on the subject of "longbows"... what about tribal hunting bows used by african and south american tribespeople and such? they use the same bows for hunting AND warfare and they are VERY lightweight (as were alot of stone-age and primitive bows... used for both hunting and fighting)

Alot of it had to do with the arrows as opposed to the actual bows... meaning poisoned or barbed arrows. That was one of the main reasons the scythian horse archers were feared... not for the bows but their poisoned arrows. So youd have your normal bow but would switch the arrows depending on if you were hunting or fighting.

Armour piercing warbows are actually a lot rarer than youd think and usually come from the later medieval times when they were needed against full plate and such. We know from records that most archers in the ancient world were not capable of breaking heavy armour or a heavy sheild and there was many accounts of romans and such just been rained on with arrows, not really causing that many casualties but it had a great phycological and demoralizing affect, and could result in alot of disorder and chaos in the ranks.

So what im trying to say is yes absolutely heavy war bows (especially heavy war longbows) are not the best option for a women in combat.... at all. BUT a light-medium bow shooting poisoned or barbed arrows can still do damage against a not too heavily armed opponent... add to it the fact shes on a horse and can easily avoid getting into melee but just whizz about firing arrows at the enemy - either causing actual damage to them OR harassing them with arrows as you dont always need to be getting kills to be useful in battle.

and as for the ''masculine'' look then i agree and think a nomadic tribeswoman who uses even a light hunting bow... their body from a lifetime of nomadic living in harsh conditions aswell as horseback riding and shooting bows from childhood would look completely different than a ''civilized' city woman lol.

((( By the way completely off topic but I love your realistic battle mod - its a must have mod to me! If you have any suggestions for my mod to make it more 'realistic' then id love to hear :smile: )))
  14. NicoleUK

Shadiversity was referring to longbows, especially those medieval longbows used by English archers in the high medieval ages and such. Those draw weights were very high yes and most men couldnt use them let alone women could wield them effectively.

BUT

Recurve bows like the one used by horsepeople and steppe nomads were not like this. They are VERY light to use and men, women and children can and do use them very well. The recurve bow truly was a great equalizer in the ancient world. Not all bows are the same.

Thanks for your response though :smile:

15. NicoleUK

Version 2.0 is out... It has the Sturgian and Battanian women now :smile:

Hope you guys like it :smile:
Back
Top Bottom