Recent content by nettlefingers

1. Why am I ending up with a bunch of Fians in my army?

I think Fians should be strong. Let them keep their good armour, bows and hell let them be good in close combat too. Ffs, they are meant to be the best archer, they better damn well be worth the effort to get.

The problem is that armour doesn't do **** and that nobles are way too easy to recruit now. There's nothing special about a Fian Champion at all.

If they buff armour and reduce the amount of Fians you can get, I think people wouldn't have a problem.
    The fundamental and obvious problem is that armour provides incredibly unrealistically weak protection against arrows. In real life you could fire 10 arrows into a guy wearing double mail or lamellar, and not even slow him down.

"During the 3rd Crusade, Bahā'al-Dīn, Saladin's biographer, wrote that the Norman crusaders were:

...drawn up in front of the cavalry, stood firm as a wall, and every foot-soldier wore a vest of thick felt and a coat of mail so dense and strong that our arrows made no impression on them... I saw some with from one to ten arrows sticking in them, and still advancing at their ordinary pace without leaving the ranks."

In Bannerlord you shoot 3 arrows into the torso of a guy wearing high quality mail or lamellar and he dies.

It's actually frustrating seeing people throw up all sorts of random wacky complex solutions when the problem is obvious and right in front of our noses, and the solution is obvious.

ARMOUR WORKING IS WHAT BALANCED ARCHERS IN REAL LIFE, PEOPLE
    If they buff armor (which they should) fians would be even more OP. They would be unkillable by anything but elite cataphracts. All heavy foot units would be too slow and their shields/armor would break under the torrent of arrows.

Fians should cost at least 3 times more than any other t6 unit if their loadout remains unchanged.
  2. Why am I ending up with a bunch of Fians in my army?

Fians and fian champions should not exist in the game. Doesn't make sense that everyone can become a perfect archer with the best armor money can buy yet they are not themselves lords of their own kingdoms or wealthy enough to not need to be recruited by some other lord.
    The problem is that fians have such high tier armor and are so accurate despite shooting so fast. If you shoot fast, your accuracy should be reduced. All that armor on should make your firing rate slightly slower and fatigue you a bit faster as well.

The type and amount of training required is the equivalent of training someone in archery 40hrs per week since they are 5yrs old and had no other work to distract them from that singular focus.
  3. Resolved [e1.5.7 beta] Crashes when interacting with Looters (multiple causes explained).

I have been crashing after trying to initiate any looter battle and I have uploaded multiple crash dumps. Here is the latest:

2021-01-20_04.23.14_bf697588526c8cc242346dbd8fb5adf6

I have tried making a new save and reloading/restarting , it still happens.

Edit: I had to discard the only crafted weapon from my inventory in order to workaround the issue.
  4. Can anyone involved with development tell me when I can expect siege AI to be competent?

I feel the same. I have no interest in playing until siege AI, pathfinding, and positioning troops before battle deployment is fully working. I don't give a damn about perks and dynastic succession. Last I played was mid-July.
  5. MP Delay on release of attacks

.... This combined with the sluggish dueling controls encourages you to spin away from an enemy if you fail to hit to deny them a counter attack, rinse and repeat. If they do manage to hit you in the back, it doesn't matter because you don't get slowed down like you would in Warband.

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't like how there isn't enough of a drawback to repeatedly turning away after an attack to one side, then coming back with a horizontal swing over and over. The ai is not able to counter this at all. However, I think that is a different issue that needs to be addressed.

I don't want to have a stamina bar added to the game but if they can find a way to make swings with non-heavy weapons snappy without being ungodly fast, and at the same time, address the movement issue we mentioned, I think we would be in a better spot.
  6. MP Delay on release of attacks

I disagree.

I stopped playing both Chivalry and, to a lesser extent, Mordhau due to the ridiculous, super-human, lightning fast spikes in angular acceleration of the player body, footwork, and weapon that can be achieved with really un-natural movements (such has looking down at the ground, and then swinging an overhead accel with full damage). Over a network, these spikes make combat un-fun since they aren't perceptible due the lack of the full sensory feedback in a real fight. We only have a keyboard and mouse to work with.

This baked in delay may not achieve 100% realism, but it prevents the overall feeling and look of a fight from being so arcade-y. The devs put a lot of thought and intention into this and I see exactly why. I don't want a Chivalry clone. Devs, please don't fall for the cries to return to arcade combat.

Maybe, all that is needed is to tweak the sensitivity of the block/swing direction so that it doesn't require such an exaggerated movement to block a certain direction.
  7. ? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

I have built up the prosperity of Marunath to 12.5k+ and recently got a -240 food malus and consistently stuck at 0 food and everyone is starving. Wiped out all bandits around the area and even sold boatloads of food goods to the city and it is still negative. Seems like a bug since the -240 debuiff says due to Prosperity' which doesn't make sense since prosperity is so high.
  8. About the smithy's smithing system.

If we could swap out the items of our individual troops (with certain restrictions - if a troop could only carry a 1h sword, he shouldn't be able to use a 2h sword), smithing would be a very worthwhile mechanic and it would make sense to craft items in bulk and add them to your troops. If we could smith and customize armor, you could change the overall appearance of your army.
  9. Resolved Asari Culture trait not working.

I also have this same issue.
Back
Top Bottom