Recent content by nerex

1. nerex

[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Get squires from prisoners.

I guess that would be a problem considering that I took the remaining cities that Sarleon had in the game I'm playing now.
  2. nerex

[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

So, I've started my own CKO and of chose the Pendor culture, is there any way to recruit nobles of other factions? I've just conquered Laria and I would like to also have Rangers of the Clarion Call in my army. Is it possible? If so, how?
  3. nerex

[DISCUSSION] PoP General Talk / Discussion

Is there any command to make your pike / spear infantry troops more efficient vs. cavalry? Something like "pike bracing" that I discovered existed in other mods.
    Is the only way just to stop the spear infantry, tell them to be nearer from each other and "just wait"?
  4. nerex

Best way to level up the troops?

Again, Phaenur, thank you very much.
    Time to put in practice your suggestions in my campaign.
  5. nerex

Phaenur, thank you very much for your time and help, sir. It has been very useful.

I'm sorry for a little misunderstanding: I'm a Vaegir's vassal, but I don't use only Vaegir's troops. In fact, I only use their archers aiming (with low hopes) to theirs T7. As infantry I own few T4 and T5 Rhodoks aiming to some Condottieri. As cavalry I'm using mainly Swadians, aiming to barons.
    The thing is that I tend to use the few infatry units I possess as a shield for the archers, not using any formations. Which would you say is the best way to manage a fight with these components? As said, I put the archers in the nearest (or higher) hill around, infatry in the middle and cavalry much forward. I take advantage of the AI tendency of make some troops to just following me endlessly, to kills some and split their army, and when the rest charges I wait them to get near my mounted troops and then order cavalry to charge as well. Infatry just stays in hold, but I don't even know if they'll be of any helps when I'll be fighting bigger armies and I'll actually really need to defend my line of ranged units. Do you recommend any formations in general?
  6. nerex

I'm not having any issues with the bandits right now (they're all very easy to defeat having a 98 troops army), but with the low exp which I make killing them. It seems to get forever to level up elite troops.
    Right now I'm fighting successfully the lords which runs with 30-40-50 troops or a bit more and it's going better. It's easy to trick them: I usually put archers in a hill, infatry at the middle of that hill and the cavalry much forward, then I approach alone the enemy army (which stays still), then I try to kill the lord and after that like 1/4 o the enemies tries to catch me while I run in circles and kill some of them with my bow. When the rest get near my army, after charging, I just command the cavalry to charge.

This makes the fights very easy with a low (or none) casualities. Is this supposed to be like this? In which cases do they actually charge? Maybe when the AI "thinks" to have a better army?

Also, I'm vasssal of the Vaergis, when I'll have a castle, do they'll automatically generate tier 5/6 troops? I use their archers in my army. And also, at what amount of relation they could decide to give to the player one? Thanks for the tip!
  7. nerex

Hello there. I've started to play to this mod (great one, btw), running the game with "normal" and "average" difficulty settings. Right now it seems to me that it takes a lot to level up the troops. I'm at Day 72 with 31 tier 4 units, 7 tier 5 and some slave hunters and slave crushers... If I...
  8. nerex

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Guys, I'll be able to have both Silvermist Rangers AND Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet in my party? And how to recruit Noldors? : )
  9. nerex

I'm starting to play this mod, and I have a question reguarding the troops... I'm thinking about doing a 80% archers/crossbowmen and 20% mounted units. For the ranged I'll stick with Ravenstern Rangers and Empire Armored Crossbowmen... but what about the mounted troops? What are the best troops before get the first castle and be able to hire noble troops?
  10. nerex

Early Money Making Tips?

Crosby 4HyG said:
    Last but certainly not least, INVEST IN TRAINER. I cannot stress enough how important this is, especially for high level companions. Trainer is easily the most overpowered/underrated skill in this game imo. Give it to all your companions, even the level 1-5's, since they'll eventually be level 25.

Do the troops benefits from -all- the companions which have Trainer in the whole party?
  11. nerex

I'm lv 15 now. Should I become a vassal instead of keep being a mercenary captain for the Empire? There is some income money being a vassal? I mean, I'm captain now and i get 5k+ monthly. : )
  12. nerex

Blunt weapon troops

Oh, what a pity.
  13. nerex

Blunt weapon troops

Wait, you do that with Noldors to recruit (warriors, perhaps) them or just to sell them? How many they pay for them, in the second case?
  14. nerex

I need to do some changes. What software can I use to change things like: not being able to recruit +41lv toops? If I do that, it will be savegame compatible?
  15. nerex

Interesting.

One more thing: what's the fastest way to train troops in mid and late game? Trainer skill worth it?
Back
Top Bottom