Recent content by Nerevar

1. Nerevar

Resolved Palatine Guard Helmet severe mail coif clipping

Summary: Palatine Guard Helmet mail coif is too tight comparing to all other helmets with mail coifs, with severe clipping at the chin and neck levels. Reducing Face/Mouth sliders to absolute minimum fixes clipping around the chin(but not the neck) but it's a very bad workaround since the...
  2. Nerevar

In Progress Arbalest texture has graphic artifacts

Summary: Arbalest texture has graphic artifacts around the back handle How to Reproduce: Equip Arbalest or preview it from inventory Have you used cheats and if so which: No Scene Name (if related): - Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs: OS: Windows 10 Pro GPU: GeForce RTX 3060 6...
  3. Nerevar

[XML] Most crossbow properties can't be overwritten by a mod

Instead of overriding the whole XML, try this XSLT:
    Thanks, XSLT format worked!
  4. Nerevar

[XML] Most crossbow properties can't be overwritten by a mod

Hello, fellow community members! I stumbled upon an issue that I think is most probably a bug, but perhaps it's something on my side and you can point me to it. In the left part of the image below you can see the original XML record for the Bound crossbow, and on the right part the one I have...
  5. Nerevar

Resolved Dead(Lost) wanderers are still shown in the encyclopedia

With the last change on that area, if the player has met them before they will be deleted form the encyclopedia after 40 days. IF the player did not met them before they will be deleted from the encyclopedia instantly. IF you believe this is not the case here you can send us the save file and we can take a look.
    In my case, I never met this wanderer. This are the screenshots from the encyclopedia from 2-3 game days before she disappeared:

BPUCebw.png

1l8av9m.png

I opened a new ticket with a save file and link to this post few minutes ago.

Thanks for checking this!
  6. Nerevar

Resolved Nobles no longer have the dynamic character description

Summary: After 1.1.0, simple nobles don't have a dynamic(based on their traits, clan and kingdom) auto-generated character description. Characters with hardcoded unique descriptions are still have it. How to Reproduce: Open the encyclopedia, check various nobles pages. Have you used cheats and...
  7. Nerevar

Resolved Dead(Lost) wanderers are still shown in the encyclopedia

Summary: Last patch introduced the wanderers rotation feature - every day there is a 20% chance that one un-hired wanderer disappear(technically die, practically is "get lost"). The problem is, they should also disappear from the encyclopedia(see the dev statement in the screenshots area), but...
  8. Nerevar

Resolved [BETA 1.1.0] Imperial Tier 2 banners are blank when equipped on a character

Summary: Imperial Tier 2 banners are blank when equipped on a character How to Reproduce: Equip Imperial Tier 2 banner banner Have you used cheats and if so which: No Scene Name (if related): - Media (Screenshots & Video): Equipped banner: Banner on the battlefield: Banner preview...
  9. Nerevar

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

If i remember correctly, notables can disappear/become lost if their power falls under a threshold (100 I think). They should be replaced after some time.
    Seems like you are right, after loading my save several times, I noticed that the notables which are disappearing are always the same in the given time period.

I notice campaign bother's starting skills are different, notably lower steward skill. Not that this is bad per say, but I wonder if it's the same for everyone or if maybe your choices effect him too?
    TBH it's a great change, since your brother is no longer a "free real estate" and you do not feel that you are losing a very developed clan member by not playing the Campaign.
    Wasn't that always the case? Dead heroes will still be in the encyclopedia. Need to filter on Alive.
    I think that heroes are not dying as often, as wanderers will do when this new feature will finally be fixed. Because if they will remain in the encyclopedia after they leave, it will mean that every 5 in-game days you will get one more useless record there, and so they will pile up pretty quick and take a lot of space in a lengthy plays.
  10. Nerevar

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

We haven't experienced this in our internal tests, so my speculation is that it may be a combination of some changes that may create such an impression
    • Wanderers update (aka despawn/respawn or kill/resurrect) with a 20% daily chance for it to occur once. So every 5 days 1 wanderer dies. The dead wanderers are not displayed in the encyclopedia. The main purpose of this is to ensure a useful distribution of wanderers in the world.
    • The game moves 4 wanderers / day. (This isn't new.)
    • The enyclopedia now hides information for unmet characters.
    Hi! I'm playing the latest version of 1.1.0 and the died(retired) wanderers are still displayed in the encyclopedia

JIke7fK.png

And there is also an issue that not only wanderers can disappear, but notables too. Seems like they are also part of the list which game looks at when that "20% daily chance to retire someone" happens. But they at least do not explicitly listed in the encyclopedia when they are alive and so they do not stay there upon disappearance

zcphp12.png

EVrzKTt.png

orvZ9no.png
  11. Nerevar

C# - change item and character stats

Hi! I want to create a balancing mod using C#, may someone please share the example of the code for changing the item stats(like armor values or something like this) and for changing the player or npc body stats(like build or weight). It's hard to understand the Core structure without...
  12. Nerevar

XML modding - partial file overwrite

Hi! I'm completely new to a modding, so after reading this guide I decided to start with simple XML modding instead of going C# way. But, as I understand, XML files from your mod completely overwrites the original game files. Is there a way to overwrite only some string? For example, I want to...
  13. Nerevar

I am against keeping the unintended weight changes even for some units

There were fat people in the military.

Some officers - yes, but frontline fighters - no, no SO fat as we can see right now in game.

Intense physical activity does not automatically translate into lean bodies (how many modern people would have loved that!). One example would be Japanese professional Sumo players.

Very bad example - a typical sumo wrestler eats a daily diet of ~20,000 calories, while the normal human eats around 2500-3500 calories

Beeing fat was a sign of high wealth in the middle ages, because only the rich could afford to eat enough to make them fat

Plus, in BL currently, the characters just look plain ridiculous... it's not even funny, it's just immersion breaking

Exactly this!

if you meant "regular knights were not as wealthy as the rich dukes and kings", sure, but still, owning a lordship came with some serious luxuries and perks.

Anyway, we agree on the essential of the matter.

Unfortunately, majority of the knight didn't owned a land or owned a small piece of land and maybe 2-3 peasants. It's enough to eat well, but not enough to overeat.

Yeah, I am not against bulkier soldiers, I just want it to be realistic, without Obelix/Peter Griffin/Arnold -like bodies.

For example here's a reproduction of a Stirling knight:
    0JYwmk5.png

Perfectly fine body for upper-class soldiers, but my point is that right now in-game we see much much bulkier/fatter/muscular bodies.

For exapmle, on this page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_boxing - you can see the statue of the ancient Greek boxer - very nice healthy strong body, but not a body of Gregor Clegane or Schwarzenegger
  14. Nerevar

Patch fix it, it was a bug as reported in first beta release.
    Patch fixed it for most units but intentionally lefts it for some units - that's what this topic about.
  15. Nerevar

but keeping the muscular type for top tier "noble" soldiers would not be inaccurate. Both knights and clan chosen and most of these noblemen would not have "standard rations", they'd eat copiously and whenever they wanted.

I'm not saying all knights were rich, all knights were Tom Hardy, because they were mostly not, but these dudes only did two things: hunting and training. And a lot of meat in their diet. Look at Henry VIII, the guy was ripped until he had a bad fall off a horse during a tourney and the leg injury prevented him from training and sparring and actively hunting or playing tennis. He ended up obese as a sealion.

Hunting and training was the prerogative of rich knights, mostly high-ranking nobles like dukes or counts, but most of knights was something like the "middle class". Henry VIII was a king, and even he was something akin to exception. Btw I'm okay with some nobles being overweight.
Back
Top Bottom