Recent content by nemchenk

1. OSP Code "Ethnic Troops" mini-mod

Fair point. When making this mini-mod, I had real problems setting up a range of faces for the Sarranids since you start getting weird effects like 'euro' faces with black skin, or 'black' faces with white skin... very weird. So I made the exec decision to just go with the Moors to give them a...
  2. [WB] Better startup merchants mini-mod

Thanks, Jacomus! :) Glad you are enjoying my mini-mods. I've had to take some time off M&B, but plan to make a comeback soon with a couple more mini-mods... one which I've been calling "no more Bent Crossbows"... Watch this space!  :P
  3. OSP Code "Ethnic Troops" mini-mod

Thanks guys :) Sef OK b  -- I too like the Vaegirs a lot, but also the new Sarranid faces. In general, I went for stronger jawlines for all the races -- Native tends to generate rather "genteel" chins, I find  :lol: Caba`drin, monnikje -- I was impressed with the Floris mod-pack, and was...
  4. OSP Code "Ethnic Troops" mini-mod

Thanks for your support, everyone :) Glad to hear people like this mini-mod. Have a look at my other mini-mod as well, if you haven't already ;) . . . @Vornne -- I'll have a look. I'm currently making a couple more mini-mods for Native, more like bug-fixes, but I'll take a look at the Lords...
  5. OSP Code "Ethnic Troops" mini-mod

Every faction's troops in Warband 1.134 mostly have generic European faces. This is particularly noticeable for Sarranid troops, who have "swadian" faces and look more like Vikings than Moors! This mini-mod changes the face parameters for the factions, to make the troops of each distinctive and...
  6. [FIXED] Forum bug - link-blocker is over-reacting

Hello there! :) As a new user, I was trying to post some code for a Warband mini-mod I made, and noticed that the link blocker was being triggered by [ code] tags, as per the screenshot below: Either [ code] needs to be taken out of the list of tags triggering the link-blocker, or the error...
  7. [WB] Better startup merchants mini-mod

Sometimes. I've been a software developer for over 15 years however, and I assure you that isn't always the case ;) It clearly doesn't work for new users as the link-blocker is also reacting to the [ code] tags. I'll see if I can get a form admin to take a look... Nothing much -- "friendly...
  8. [WB] Better startup merchants mini-mod

Ok, as promised, here is the Python code for Native 1.134: I'll keep updating the first post in this thread with the latest changes. An open question: now that I've nerfed the merchants by taking away their invisible two-handed swords and replacing them with short-swords, should I bump their...
  9. [WB] Better startup merchants mini-mod

Good spot -- thanks for that. Ideally I would have posted thumbs linking to the full images, but you see as a "Recruit" the forum complains about external links in my posts. And it seems to consider [ code] tags as external links as well, probably due to a misconfiguration. Hence, not a giant...
  10. [WB] Better startup merchants mini-mod

Ikaguia, I'll rustle up the py code for you ASAP :)
  11. [WB] Better startup merchants mini-mod

Thanks :) The images don't work because the forum isn't showing them :) The images are here: http: // img13. imageshack. us/ g/jelkala.jpg/ (had to put spaces in the link as the forum won't let me post links, either!) I agree that this is only really useful to players starting Warband Native...
  12. [WB] Better startup merchants mini-mod

I felt that the merchants who give the player their first quest in Warband were not particularly believable, so I tweaked their faces and equipment to improve things. It's really a very small mod, but I feel that the first NPC they meet in Warband is important to get the player into the game...