Recent content by negatrev

1. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

I don't understand how people get angry about something they haven't paid for and TaleWorlds actually has no obligation (to us consumers anyway) to deliver. I remember when you wouldn't actually know a game was coming out until it was on the shelf. For a long time later you would generally see one preview of a game and the next you saw of it was a review.

These days we are so spoilt with Games Conferences with early builds for press, Early Access versions to play during development and free access weekends of Steam after release. It's too easy for some to forget that these things are all privileges, not rights!

I'm still happily enjoying playing Warband (albeit with a ACOK mod as it combines most of the best mods created, like diplomacy and Pre-Battle orders) and I only hope that WHEN Bannerlord comes out I get half as much out of it as I have Warband :smile:
  2. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

The mouse, but on my machine the sensitivity is way off.
    Basically in-game movements are perfect, but I have to use the button on my mouse to up the sensitivity if I die (which doesn't happen very often....honest :sad: ) otherwise the camera turns VERY slowly.
  3. Is there glory in joining a faction and conquering for that faction or...

It's not random, it a set multiplier of positive relations for every x number of honor you have (I'm afraid I don't know the exact calculation).

But basically, just be honorable and the more you become the better your relations will be with honorable lords (even those you've never met).
  4. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

...or perhaps kick out any lords you have and remove garrisons from everywhere (but a place for you to call home!). You'd have a tough time getting people to like you again though :smile:
  5. Other games like Mount and Blade?

Stay with me on this one as it's of a completely different theme and is still not released (but it is doing a non-steam Early Access type affair).

http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Starsector is nowhere near as complete as Warband in terms of sandbox activities out of the box. However there's already a thriving mod community that has added lots of extras to it (including more expansive system domination.

However at it's core, it feels like the same sort of experience to me. You have 2 main layers to the game.

[list type=decimal]
    [*]Map stage:- You start off as a lone ship and can attack small enemy groups in order to earn money to be able to buy more ships/weapons and men to pilot said ships and/or to upgrade your own ship/weapons. As you progress you level up which awards bonuses that either make you more powerful, or help expand your fleet (army). As your army gets bigger, you need more resources to support it, but in turn can take on larger fleets in order to 'earn' more.
    [*]Battle stage:- You take control of your own craft along with basic orders to control the rest of your fleet. It's an advanced top down battle system, which looks like a pretty version of 'Asteroids', which at a basic level it is. But the management of weapon groups and shield recharge, it's a very skill-based battle.
    [/list]

So although this game is a very different theme, at it's heart it feels like the same style of game to me (there's reasons why I clearly enjoy them both). The only downside is it's still in development, so it doesn't have as much to do in the core game as of yet.
  6. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Perhaps have a fairly low chance of breaking if you hit leather, slightly higher for mail/plate, higher still for hitting a block, then for hitting a shield, finally I'd love to see almost instant breaks if you charge into an obstacle, which would make standing off against a mounted opponent with a building at your back an even more viable option (not only do you get the free hit while the mount rears, but they also could be having to pick a new weapon).
  7. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I would actually modify the random events. Although what I'd like might be very difficult.
    I'd like to see random events to be triggered after encounters (be they conversations or battles).
    This would open up other kinds of random events (perhaps the chance to save some dying troops after a battle at the cost of a waiting time) or a simple having the 'omen bird' (if I correctly recall) event being linking to battles rather than just while travelling.
    Conversations could end with the chance of assassination attempts (like robbers in towns) or perhaps troops of the lord you conversed with having a small chance of defecting/selling you army supplies (with an appropriate loss of honour/relations depending on your choices).

As I say, I don't know the random events code well enough to know if it could have types triggers with a chance after OTHER events. But this would add colour to some of the random event types.
  8. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Cozur said:
    Snuff_The_Rooster said:
    Are the lance models still in the game though? If they are I can't find any of them!
    I'm just curious why make the change anyway? Why bother to change the name to spears? (And as far as I can tell remove the lance models)

I didn't like the lance models in the game, too tourney like. Medieval lances, when used in war, where generally just large pikes.

Also, I wanted to make lances less overpowered, by having them break on impact, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I've done that now, and there's two new lances in 1.4 that will still be couchable, but will break on impact.

Will they be like shields, in that they replenish after every fight?
  9. How to be a champion

Obvious ones are to talk to wives when their husbands are prisoners. You'll often (if not always, I've never noticed it not to happen) get a mission to go get them out (via money or muscle).
  10. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

Pancrazio said:
    Jason L. said:
    Plus 2 for escaping after battle! As for the other comment, he's,probably, not a native speaker, as many of us aren't for the rest...

I'm actually a little "rusted", since I didn't write or talk English as much as I did months ago, so I'm having a little trouble expressing myself for the best. I'm sorry if something wasn't clear.

For the rest, I don't really think lords are able to escape away just being alone, I mean, don't they have someone remaining at their side? It would be also better to have at least the best soldiers, who were just knocked out and, obviously, not dead, capable to escape with you and your companions you found by traveling.

Also, it would be a good idea to make possible that you're not immediately attacked when escaped and left alone, considering how it would be exhausting.

In the end that is just a mere additional function for which I hope, considering how TaleWorlds worked hard just to pass from an old engine/style to a totally renewed title which has better graphics, a new engine and do use the motion capture, and which I consider a first step to what will come in a little more remote future.

My only real issue with ANY Lord escaping is how it is actually possible to occur. I know technically most should die, but don't because of the game mechanic, but if these lords truly ARE unconscious. How the hell do they escape? I feel this mechanic would be better if it was based on the actual battle. So if a lord falls, his men can rally to his location and attempt to leave the battlefield. You could have standing orders for when your men should attempt to retrieve you, rather than continue the battle. Or have a ratio/count of men who retrieve you, leaving the rest to battle on. What I don't like is when the last man standing is a lord, you strike him down with your men surrounding him, yet he escapes.

In the case of escaping during travel (like WE do from bandits). I'd like this to be weighted based on the number of prisoners/troops. Also when battling while with prisoners, be able to chose to either leave men out of battle to guard the prisoners, or having a higher risk of them escaping.

The whole concept of having lords age/die/have kids is interesting from a persistent world point of view. But honestly is not the highest priority for me. The difficultly in balancing this mechanic is high if you're blood thirsty, you could very easily end up with no opposition very quickly. Unless you have a line of succession mechanic (like teams promoted from non-playable league in Football Manager) so a random character is generated from the ranks of remaining forces/civilians until the faction has no locations/men remaining.

The opposite end of this mechanic would need tweaking to ensure that nobles don't become extinct by not marrying and having kids at a similar rate to those that die out (without breeding like bunnies and ending up with everyone being a noble!).

I'm mindful this post has gotten long (especially for a first post!), but there is so many elements just around the politic and mechanism of succession that I feel that even if we don't get this in the next release, there's still plenty to look to the future for. I'm imagining the concept of bastard off-spring, succession arguments leading to faction splits (Game of Thrones anyone?) and even civilian uprisings behind a peoples champion.

...and I'm done!
Back
Top Bottom