Recent content by Nakh

1. Companions Skills Not Done Right

Current companions is just a placeholder, so nobody will spend time and resourses to fix them, unless some modding enthusiast will take this burden. But, given extremely slow development pace, we probably never will see finished and working companion system at all, so modders is our only hope.
  2. Heir Skills, Leveling, and Experience

What to take on main character? Let's see:

Vigor and Control skills: All combat skills do nothing for late game, they can be 100% ignored without any significant loss in power. Bow or Crossbow skill somewhat useful to make few kills on sieges, but this is it.

Athletics skills: Riding good to have at 225. more not needed. Athletics and Smithing not needed at all on main character.

Cunning skills: Scouting good to have at 225, getting more is waste of time, attribute and focus points. Tactics is actually useful for late game, there you grind army after army and siege after siege. Saves a lot of time. Getting to 275+ is too slow to really aim for it. Roguery is a waste of time, some perks are nice, but leveling it up is such pain in the butt - not worth it.

Social skills: Charm is must have for late game character, 275 perk is insanely good and for a change it is not hard to get. Leadership is great for late game king/vassal, useful perks and main skill effect.Trade, hmmm, Trade is a waste of time, doing absolutely nothing to gameplay and leveling it is chore of nightmares.

Intellectual skills. Steward, Surgeon and Engineer useful for late game. Sure, they can be outsourced. but why? Why risk loosing your 330 skill quartermaster or high level surgeon? To free some focus points and put them into useless combat skills you'll never use past very early game?

This is all lead to boring, but effective 2 Vigor, 2 Control, 3 Athletics, 3 Cunning, 7 Social, 7 Intelllect builds. Very suitable for miind numbling late game experience .
  3. Scout XP Broken in 1.7?

Anyone know if Scouting is broken in 1.7?

I have earned 0 XP with 5 Focus Points and I'm at level 1.
    At level 1 you don't see any tracks unless it's from huge army and don't get any experience. To kickstart your Scouting leveling process you need to search for bandit hideouts or follow huge armies.
  4. 1.7.0 Update Review: After improvement, the game still sucks

This is harsh, but I have to agree with at least some points:

• At some point main character progression stops dead. Gear progression, skill progression, clan power progression - all this completely depletes in few in-game years. No development in RPG game = no fun, don't know how developers can expect us to play this for several generations.
    • Combat AI need few mode difficulty levels introduced, current maximum need to be average.
    • If this is true - this must be error of some sort. If this is not error, but deliberate change - one who made it need to see doctor.
    • Regional bandits are fine in my 1,7 games.
    • Smithing was broken OP moneymaking tool and somewhat fine companion leveling tool. With exp gain nerfed it is just OP broken moneymaking toll which any reasonable player will avoid or heavily restrain it's use.
    Roguery, Medicine, Engineering - all too slow to level up. Trade level 300 is nice 300IQ move to make players hate this game and never touch it again. I tried to reach it once, I gave up around 250, it was painfully boring playthrough.
  5. How is Medicine going for you? My INT character got 123 Medicine at day 287.

In the hundreds!

More like in the thousands:wink:

Edit. Actually, from what I can tell (1.65) it appears you get 10 base xp for each wounded, killed or healed soldier. You need 3,8 mill xp to get to 275. Assuming a learning rate of 10 you should then be able to get there for the bargaining price of a mere 38.000 wounded, killed or healed soldiers.

So, tens of thousands! "but my lord, there is no such army"
    At least now I know exact number of troops I need to sacrifice. Gonna take a lot of time to recruit and kill so much, though.
  6. How is Medicine going for you? My INT character got 123 Medicine at day 287.

Medicine definitely too slow to level up through normal gameplay. Even taking hard fights and losing like 50-100 from my 250+ party barely moves the counter. To level it on purpose you need to recruit trash and kill it in hundreds, I guess. I can do it, but it feels unnatural.
  7. The siege still isn't finished.

Current iteration of sieges heavily biased to attacker favor, to the point there it is better to simulate if you are on defending side. I guess this is because attackers AI got some improvements while defenders still act as clueless muppets.
  8. INT character woes, 1 week re-roll blues, character build discussions, Engineering, Medicine.

I started 1.7.campaign with "I don't need companions at all, and F smithing too" motto, so my build is 10 Intellectual, 7 Social and a minimum of 3 Cunning needed to reach "Keen Sight". Took a lot of solo looter shooting to get all attributes and focus points, though.

I'm holding all roles for my party and it's going pretty good. I running as mercenary making absurd amounts of money from loot and contract and waiting for rebellion to crush and start my own kingdom. Maybe I will forfeit this part and join as vassal, because rebellions is too scarce in my game, got only one in 10 years.
  9. Do you think smithing skill should be removed?

Smithing is fine, item prices still ridiculous.Weapons and armor must be cheap as dirt in this realm of constant war, but TW feel need to make good gear incredibly expensive. They are on the right track, though, with last patch changes.

Iron and steel weapons must go for few hundreds gold, not thousands. Absolute top for crafted weapons must be a few thousand denars, not tenths of thousands. And creating one high-end sword must take all smithing stamina of master smith. This way players will still be able to craft nice items for themselves and have some income from it.
  10. The Great Bannerlord Mod Ideas Thread

I wish were mod to switch between family members on-demand, without need to die first.
  11. Cracked stuff on loots

As I recall, TW was trying to fix overall battle loot value and decided to convert all previously usable items into vendor crap. Very questionable decision, since selling battle loot still dominant source of money besides absolutely insane smithing, but now players don't even look at what exactly was looted. I'd prefer they decreased overall loot volume, but left me with ability to sometimes pick up something useful for myself or companions.
  12. On Crafting Orders

I like crafting orders a lot, but they are need tuning, IMHO:

1. Huge orders of 100 000 + must be rare. Currently my 26 year old clan leader sit on almost 9 000 000 denars from orders alone. No caravans, no workshops, no battle loot other than horses and food. I hemorrhaging 3600 denars per day. but why should I care? All I need to do to finance my party for another year(!) is take a short stroll to nearby towns and fulfill 2-3 orders. I don't even sold any weapons to market, money come from orders only, while leveling up Charm.
    2. Some orders impossible to fulfill and please customer. All weapon parameters in green zone, matched or even better than desired, sell price for weapon is higher than order worth, but nope, customer is still displeased. Happens mostly with daggers, throwing axes and throwing daggers, sometimes with javelins too. Is this a bug or there is some obscured desired parameters - I don't know, but this is need fixing.
    3. Some orders make no sense at all. Wanderers who sign up for 500 gold sometimes order weapons for 200 000 denars. Huge orders must be generated by lords or powerful notables, IMHO.

Also, smithing interface badly need simple QOL features:

1. Slider or field to set desired number of refining iterations. It is very annoying to refine hundreds of wood and metal bars with click for every iteration.
    2. Smithing stamina indicator visible from "Wailing here for some time" screen. Again, produces a lot off annoying clicks: "Stop waiting >> Enter smithy >> Check stamina for all companions >> Exit smithy >> Wait for some time", this is very frustrating if players smith a lot.

P.S. Please, add smithy to castles, even without orders available!
  13. How disappointed are you in % about the current state of developement of Bannerlord?

90% here. Almost year and half passed since EA release and almost no hope left for this game actually reach enjoyable state.

RPG gameplay non-existent
    Kingdom management - non-existent
    Fief management non-existent
    Character progression still broken and mostly meaningless
    Companions still broken, boring and useless
    Family system still broken, boring and useless
    Quests still broken, boring and useless

There is nothing good about this game outside of 3D battles, but even them become boring and repetitive very quickly.
  14. Mercenary playstyle: Fief and army functionalities

I still don't get why mercenary or independent clan can't have clan-only army. What the point of this restriction?

If someone will mod it, I bet this mod will be in top 10 forever.
  15. Feedback on Prison Breaks

I spend a good chunk of my current playthrough on prison breaks and my feedback is purely negative. This is not something I would ever try to do if I not savescum and even savescumming I stopped to try it. I will not touch prion breaks again until they are completely reworked.

There is my reasons:

1. Failure results is just catastrophic, Very high risk of being captured, lose a part of inventory and all soldiers for basically no benefit.
    2. Lack of reward. There no real incentive to ever do prison breaks. Person you trying to free will go home in few days anyway, why bother? Charm exp and relations can be farmed in much more reliable ways.
    3. Disgusting environment. Cramped hallways and tiny rooms make this feature really un-enjoyable for me.
Top Bottom