Recent content by nads

1. nads

Official VC Screenshot-thread (new signature for forum added)

These are some with Blood Eagle mod and added ENB

2. nads

Call of Duty WWII

Yeah, I should have said over skriptin' you know what I mean over cinematic, they're overdone now in every department, I dont want to feel like I'm in a movie, yep, I played COD 1+2 and Wolfen new order which were l done right but the COD series has gone arse ways up since  then to the point the games almost look like wandering around in a cut scene,  those games where half  the time is spent watching your characters hands doing stuff that you cant control, if I don't feel like I'm personally affecting the game then it's not immersive.  Another thing they have to do is bring back one shot kills, not this crap where you pop a guy in the head twice and he goes down on one knee and gets back up again, I recently played through Return to castle Wolfenstein again after 15 years and I'd actually forgotten one shot kills were the norm in FPS back in the day.
  3. nads

Call of Duty WWII

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu ? said:
    Ridiculous. Some of the best games ever made are completely scripted, so this is entirely capable of being a great SP experience (it's possible). Are you not capable of getting immersed when you watch movies?
    OK, how about totally over scripted? and it's not a movie.
  4. nads

Call of Duty WWII

rapier17 said:
    You're right, games revolving around the 1944-5 period of the Second World War are ten-a-penny. At least with games like H&D (1 & 2) they involved conflict from around the world and throughout the war; Norway, Africa, Burma, as well as France and Germany.

What I also loved about H+D2 apart from the locations was the sheer amount of detail they put in to it, in one mission fighting the Italians ( how often do you see that) I was crouched behind a wall lobbing grenades at an enemy crouched behind another wall, then I hear a shout, hey Englaizee....I just burst out laughing, or when officers would surrender to you and actually tell you in German they were surrendering, never saw that in a game before, or the sheer content of a typical mission...

objectives..

Find and capture Hans Schumann.
    Force Hans Schumann to cooperate.
    Hans Schumann must survive.
    Kill enemy around the runway.
    Leave with Hans Schumann in a JU88
    Destroy the heavy German equipment. (Optional)
    Destroy the fuel storage. (Optional)
    Destroy the planes. (Optional)
    Find out information on German reinforcements. (Optional)
    All team members must survive (Optional).

the main problem with COD apart from the fact that it's doing all the overdone end of war stuff (again) like Omaha, Bulge, etc is that it's so damn scripted, you're not going to get any memorable gaming moments because all the devs are interested in is taking you by the hand and running you through a series of narrow corridors with endless kabooms on either side while Stuka's dive bomb you and you run past several buddies who cry for help but you cant help them, because they want to show you what a great looking scripted scene they made, during this time you may want to kill one enemy or twenty doesn't make any difference so long as you trigger the thing that starts the next sequence so they can impress you even more on how good they think they are with more overdone pyrotechnics, it's more like an interactive movie where game play is minimum, none of this works for me in terms of immersion or tension is so formulaic and obvious but I guess that's what the target audience want so they ain't going to change anytime soon.
  5. nads

Screenshots

Thanks peasants!

A couple more on a rainy day somewhere in Germany

@imyungdae use edit mode, when you start up go to configure - advanced - enable edit mode, then in game crtl+e and you can move the cam anywhere, hit h to remove HUD elements.
  6. nads

Screenshots

7. nads

Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Urgrevling said:
    So what is the objective of the game, helping the Saudis conquer Arabia or something?  :lol: It's set in the period when they were going around raiding and expanding.

Interesting idea, but it looks quite clunky. Apparently their last game wasn't that good.

Looks like it's loosely based on this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikhwan_Revolt
    the soldier he kills in the trailer certainly looks to be British and not Ottoman type so it's not Arab revolt.
  8. nads

Videos and Screenshots

Yeah you're right, forgot about that,  I'll stick them up on another hosting site next few days and PM you a link.
  9. nads

Videos and Screenshots

If you click on a pic it takes you to flickr where you can view or download full size ( arrow button bottom right) there's also more in the album on flickr if you want any.
  10. nads

Black Death?

I stumbled across this when I was looking for a gameplay video of something else, never heard of it before, comes out in a few days, any thoughts? http://store.steampowered.com/app/412450/
  11. nads

SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Something must have been released in the past, if you search for it on youtube there's videos of it by at least ten different people.
  12. nads

SP Oriental 12TH Release-Made in China(Release 2017.01.25, Latest Update 2017.06.11)

So is this mod... and this.... the same thing? cause I've been looking for it for years and never found a download link that works.
  13. nads

Rome at War: Media

Sorry my post got deleted while I tired to edit it :???: here it is again for anyone interested,
    Yes that is the ENBseries I used
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/graphic-enhancer

basically ENBseries has been around for years in various forms, a kind of forerunner of sweetfx it's mainly used to make older games look better by improving the lighting, other than that I have no other mods installed apart from what comes with Rome at war, some warband mods which are a bit basic to start with will possibly look worse with ENB, others which have better graphics to start with like polished landscapes will look better, also times of day makes a difference, all those pics are late afternoon or dusk, it's worth trying for screenshot purposes you can always enable/disable in game which is useful.
Back
Top Bottom