Recent content by n00854180t

1. Modding in C# feels incredibly boring and tedious.

Replacing models and other classes to make mods may be the "right" way to do things from a programming architecture perspective, but it's absolutely terrible for modding. I feel like people aren't thinking this through *at all*.

So you replaced one of the default models with your own, all fine and good, right?

Except now your mod is completely incompatible with any other mod that wants to alter anything in that model as well.

If you instead patched the one or two fields or methods you're interested in, unless other mods directly interfered with those exact fields or methods, it'd be compatible.

Doing everything the "right" way is going to rapidly result in mod compatibility going into the toilet, all in pursuit of "clean" code, which matters exactly ZEEEERRRRROOOOO to mod users.
  2. SP Native Immersive Crafted Item Name Generator

Updated to include configurable generation.
  3. SP Native Cheer Mod

BTW @jedijosh920 if you want I can give you my code for calling the actual victory voice lines vs the yelling voice lines. Let me know. I feel like releasing it separately would be kind of a waste at this point.
  4. SP Native Immersive Crafted Item Name Generator

Have a hard time thinking up a name for your new weapon? Try this instead! Re-enables the disabled randomize button in the new crafted item name popup, uses an internal list of name parts to generate the resulting name (check screenshots for an example). Enjoy...
  5. PWMod Module Sytem Files?

Mmm righty-o.
  6. PWMod Module Sytem Files?

I've been working in the games industry professionally for years, and was one of the guys that really helped to jump start modding before the module system was in place (first ever graphical mod in M&B in 2005).  I'm sure I can handle it, if you're willing to let me take a look at the files.

(If you'd like to verify you can check the original M&B's credits for my nickname.)
  7. PWMod Module Sytem Files?

Hi guys (been a while!). I am thinking of making a custom offshoot mod of PWMod that focuses a bit more on PvE and I'm wondering if there's anywhere I can get the source Module System files for PW? It wouldn't be in direct competition with PWMod at all (the focus is *much* different). I'd also...
  8. say cheese

Swadius said:
    It seems you're right, lighting does make up for the thicker lips, upper lip facial hair, broad chin, rounder eyebrows, and thicker cheeks of the first photo.
    Of course I'm right.  Don't talk back to your elders!
  9. say cheese

Yes, 'tis I younglings, come back from the universal aether!  Rejoice!
  10. say cheese

Swadius said:
    That looks nothing like the first picture.
    Looks like the same person to me.  The other one had bad lighting.
  11. say cheese

Shik is a girl?
  12. What is the best mod out there?

Hugemod, naturally XD.

Actually, TLD .808 and The Mag Seven at number two.
  13. Of bandits and masterwork loot.

Sea Raiders aren't bandits.  :shock:  They're raiders.  From the sea.  If they were bandits, they would be "Sea Bandits".
  14. Did you know that some forum members got their name on the credits.

The Mercenary said:
    Hehe, aren't you glad I took the time to post the credits? :grin:
    Me?
  15. Did you know that some forum members got their name on the credits.

Seff said:
    n00854180t said:
    I'm in :smile:  Though I'm somewhat irked about being grouped with all you plebes in the "Suggestions and Feedback" group!  XD j/k
    Heh, been away or just silent there, n00854180t?
    I've been lurking for a while, occasionally posting.  I started a game job last year in June, and had a daughter this year :razz:  So just been out of it for a long while.  About the time the module kit came out was when I stopped posting, mostly because I 1) was stuck in the old ways of doing mods for M&B, so was less interested in relearning things to continue and 2) figured that with a proper kit and such, other modders would make my very generic HugeMod thing sort of obsolete (which does seem to be what happened, though some mods for earlier versions seem to have used HugeMod :smile:).
Back
Top Bottom