Recent content by MrMaselko

1. MrMaselko

Perk: Way of the Sword breaks the Balace

Yea, I've noticed this when my my edited heroes went from master fencers to swinging so fast that the sword just phases through the enemy without registering the hit.
  2. MrMaselko

My take on some of the WEAPONS in game and their BALANCE

Like talking to a wall. Thanks for wasting my time, bye.
  3. MrMaselko

Mount & Blade 3: Just like IRL

Tired of using a broad range of weapons each having distinct playstyles? No problem! Just stab at him with a spear as rapidly as possible!

Had enough of composing interesting armies with various elite units that each fulfill a different role on the battlefield? Just give a bunch of pointy sticks to your peasants and pack them as tightly as possible!

Frustrated by bows that reward players for being able make those tricky shots with additional damage? No more of that! Now we only fire in volleys and are useless against anyone who is not a raging burly norseman with his shirt off.

Ever wanted to feel like a lowly peasant forced onto the battlefield? Wanted to feel that surge of adrenaline when you get to strike your first foe? SIKE! You just got ran over by some up-his-arse highborn with his pimped up pony!

the point about warfare in history is that there;s nothing that's really op, everything is relatively balanced or it would be outdated and replaced by something useful. think about it, countries invested vast amount of resources into warfare, u think they'll justs let opponents cheese them with abusive strats and go in using pitchforks? what i'm basically saying is the more historically accurate things are the more balanced it becomes.
    Sure, perfectly balanced, everything has a counter, outdated equipment gets thrown out. MY ARSE! Peasants with pitchforks were being abused for ****ing centuries along with their imtimidating big brothers - levies with ****ing advanced pointy sticks standing in a tight formation blindly stabbing in the general direction of the enemy.
    Spears are a really ****ing long topic, but in short just have a look at this quote from wikipedia: "As a weapon, it may be wielded with either one or two hands. It was used in virtually every conflict up until the modern era where even then it continues on in the form of the fixed bayonet, and is probably the most commonly used weapon in history."

The game is far from balanced at this point, but the general balance between weapon types is already there.

There is generally a lot in yours post that makes no sense and I really am not going to waste any more time on this, because it's probably going to bounce off your damn helmet plated with hollywood and exaggerated stories, but the last thing that bugs me the most is:
    amazing accuracy due to its super high power.
    Power doesn't help accuracy, in fact, slower arrows can be much more stable in flight and many modern people practicing archery use bows with really low draw weight to avoid getting tired, flinching etc.
  4. MrMaselko

Resolved [1.4.0] Ground material on a siege map

During a siege I've noticed that in some places there are bricks like these and these on the ground that slow down anyone that walks on them. They look just like the ones that stairs are made of and have the same slowing effect, so i guess the map designer was a bit sleep deprived.
  5. MrMaselko

I see that you are going for making the game more realistic, but let's leave that to mods. The base game should go towards making the gameplay balanced and enjoyable, not authentic. With those changes people who do powergaming in singleplayer (which is pointless in M&B games, but they can't hear us) will end up abusing weapons and tactics that are historacally OP ruining their campaign and multiplayer will be even more monotone than it is already.
  6. MrMaselko

In Progress [1.3.0] Troop icons in captain mode

Seems related to this change in the changelog: "Troop type icons on top, near player avatars, is now %35 bigger while in class selection screen " The icons in troop selection screen are very blurry and after spawning they seem to be stretched verically.
  7. MrMaselko

Resolved [1.2.1] Possibly a connectivity issue

Were you able to play normally in Beta? Could you also test your connection as described under Troubleshooting Your Connection here?
    If you mean before the EA started then I sadly missed that beta and now regert not being up to date with the development process. The beta brach, 1.3.0 being the most recent one I've played, doesn't have many players so I've only played 2 matches and this didn't occur.

I ran WinMTR and here are the results:
    |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | WinMTR statistics |
    | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
    |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
    | 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
    | 192.168.88.1 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
    | 192.168.11.14 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 0 | 2 | 126 | 1 |
    | 192.168.11.57 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 1 | 4 | 127 | 2 |
    | 192.168.11.56 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 1 | 4 | 126 | 3 |
    | 192.168.10.49 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 1 | 4 | 127 | 2 |
    | 192.168.11.18 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 1 | 4 | 126 | 2 |
    | 192.168.11.17 - 1 | 357 | 356 | 1 | 4 | 127 | 2 |
    | 192.168.10.15 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 1 | 4 | 126 | 2 |
    | 171.22.88.2 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 1 | 4 | 127 | 2 |
    | 171.22.88.1 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 1 | 4 | 127 | 5 |
    | 2.56.71.254 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 1 | 4 | 127 | 5 |
    | 185.235.70.158 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 4 | 7 | 127 | 4 |
    | et-0-0-19-601.bar4.warsaw1.level3.net - 0 | 360 | 360 | 4 | 9 | 127 | 11 |
    | tata-level3-10g.warsaw1.level3.net - 0 | 360 | 360 | 19 | 22 | 127 | 19 |
    |if-ae-21-2.tcore1.av2-amsterdam.as6453.net - 0 | 360 | 360 | 27 | 31 | 127 | 28 |
    |if-ae-7-2.tcore1.ad1-amsterdam.as6453.net - 0 | 360 | 360 | 27 | 31 | 127 | 28 |
    | 80.231.80.6 - 1 | 353 | 351 | 26 | 29 | 127 | 27 |
    | 138.197.250.77 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 26 | 30 | 128 | 28 |
    | No response from host - 100 | 73 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
    | 178.62.216.76 - 0 | 360 | 360 | 26 | 28 | 127 | 27 |
    |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
    WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
    And some additional information off the top my head:
    -My ping sometimes jumps higher than it is usually, but that's just my amazing ISP
    -Most often I get disconnected like that at the beginning of the first round, when everyone spawns and is moving towards the enemy. Rarely later into the round or during the following rounds.
  8. MrMaselko

How do I change the accuracy of javelins and throwing axes?

As the author of the "ImprovedThrowables" mod I can say that it's not that simple and is almost certainly possible through C#, but editing the .xmls won't get you far. You'll have to learn that harmony stuff, which for a Notepadmancer like me and you is going to take a while.

Also spitems.xml won't let you do much to craftable items on it's own. Look into crafting_pieces.xml and crafting_templates.xml as well.
  9. MrMaselko

How does the Disciplinarian Perk works and how to mod it?

Which version are you using? I'm pretty sure the Disciplinarian got fixed a while back. Also, there are mods that allow upgrading bandits without the perk. Maybe thoso will help.
  10. MrMaselko

Shield weight and armor values

Hitboxes are larger that visible modes, but do differ and as for shelds breaking they do break, but have a load of hit points. There are mods that allow you to set multipliers for damage dealt to shields and I definitely recommend using them until the devs start thinking about balance.
  11. MrMaselko

Shield weight and armor values

You can always use the power of the Notepad to balance that to your liking.
  12. MrMaselko

Change weapon values

First of all this forum is for reporting bugs.

As for your question it's not that simple. The game calculates stats from things like weight, length, damage multipler etc.

-In "spitems.xml" you only assemble weapons from parts like in the smithy. This goes for craftable items (melee weapons, throwables etc.).
    -In "crafting_pieces.xml" you can edit/add parts that you then use for weapons
    -In "crafting_templates.xml" you have to make sure the parts you add are listed in the template you are using, You can also change some things like usage methods for the weapons that use those templates. You can add new templates, but the last time I've done it it had missing text in the sithy menu, so unless you don't midt it you'll have to edit the strings as well.
  13. MrMaselko

Resolved Cavalry and couch lance

How's your version of the game? What's the name of the troop?
    I'm pretty sure it has been working at least since the EA release. As for the troops it's I've mostly been charginf like that with vlandians and khuzait troops as well as my custom units many of which use valious custom lances that are bots under and over powered as well as weapons that clearly are not lances, but I made them couchable anyways.
  14. MrMaselko

Resolved Cavalry and couch lance

Yes, the thing that happens when you press the button for changing weapon attack mode (X by default). They lower the lances holding them between their torsos and arms and charge into the enemy without moving the lance itself.
  15. MrMaselko

Resolved [1.2.1] Possibly a connectivity issue

My ISP isn't best at providing stable internet and goes down for a few minutes every few days, but In Bannerlord I often (something like 1 out of 7 matches) get this thing where everyone keeps moving in a straight line and I can walk around, but not attack etc. Doesn't happen in other games and...
Back
Top Bottom