Recent content by MrExpendable

1. MrExpendable

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

The new updates are amazing, thanks a lot gsanders!

2 graphical bugs I've found:
    - The Swadian Visored Sallet has some strange-looking face textures on it's plumes.
    - The Paladin Helmet no texture.
  2. MrExpendable

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

gsanders said:
    MrExpendable said:
    Hi guys,

I've updated to the latest patch (v156 B4) and it seems that the charm spell is now bugged.
    Instead of the charm effect, it is now doing damage. I've already tried reinstalling everything, but this doesn't seem to work.
    Everything worked perfectly when I was still on the B3 patch.

Any help would be appreciated.

It's possible, every magic spell is reorganized so all the spells are put into one big procedure instead of dozens of small ones like in B2plus so it may be charm is bumping into the one after it. For first aid you could apply patch v156 B2plus over it while I look for an issue at B4.  This is exactly why I didn't just hide B4 for myself; public usually finds things I miss.  Its also why I did not delete B2plus like I normally would.

I wanted to look at some issues that have been nuisances for months now and address them this week so after solving this and those I'll make a combined B5.

EDIT:  I believe what you are seeing is a little different:
        The charm person spell summons a throwing weapon "itm_charm_person", which needs to have damage set so that it can
    a) penetrate shield. which won't happen if the damage done is too low    AND
    b) penetrate potentially heavy armor, else it can't "damage" the target  AND
    c) the charm 'payload' can only fire if the target actually takes damage.
    d)    also, the AI for the caster would normally skip what looked like the weakest weapon and prefer magic missile if the "damage" number were low.  (But you're right as well, we'll get to that shortly):

BUT, in the past, the actual damage was stripped off, possibly intentionally and possibly negligently, in as much as most of Guspav's spells were missing a line that delivers the initial damage along with their payload. All of his payload code did the job intended but he missed the line that also did the initial damage. When I moved this into one huge package I didn't put an exemption for charm person to skip delivering the initial 'damage',
    I'll do that for next time but I don't really think its serious enough to panic yet (meaning I won't take down B4 over an oddity that isn't game killing).  Probably next patch is Friday-ish, as a "B5".

EDIT2:  trying it for myself I only do damage I didnt see any charms so I'll scratch it a bit more.  Interesting.

Ahh, I see. Will play B3 until the new patch arrives.
    Thanks for your quick reply.  :smile:

Btw, I absolutely enjoy this gem of a mod and hope that you won't lose interest in updating it.
    I understand your frustration though, especially when you put so much time in it.
    Thanks for the time and effort you've put into this, it is very polished so far and I've yet to experience any crashes with the latest versions.
  3. MrExpendable

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Hi guys,

I've updated to the latest patch (v156 B4) and it seems that the charm spell is now bugged.
    Instead of the charm effect, it is now doing damage. I've already tried reinstalling everything, but this doesn't seem to work.
    Everything worked perfectly when I was still on the B3 patch.

Any help would be appreciated.
  4. MrExpendable

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Congratulations on the adaptation award Cozur!
    It's very well deserved in my opinion. :smile:
    Your mod is getting better and better with each new version.

Since you're planning to replace the Freelancers recruitable in the Free Cities for v5.1, I was wondering if you will be replacing them for the players' troop tree as well?
    And if so, will it be possible to customize them to my own liking?
  5. MrExpendable

[Sub-mod]PoP3.8.4Horse archer AI enhancement for companions and noldors

I've seen this submod, or at least something similar to this submod in some other mods.
    My general experience with this tweak is pretty positive; horse archers maintain their distance whilst running in circles around the enemy, peppering them with arrows.
    It makes horse archer armies less micro-intensive, and therefore a much more viable option.

I've yet to try this out for POP. Indeed, it may cause balancing issues seeing as the POP devs overhauled much of the combat already, and any more combat tweaks could potentially break this balance.
    Still, I'm going to download this mod and give it a try tomorrow.
  6. MrExpendable

Any news on a potential release?

I hope that the devs haven't abandoned this mod... It's the only one in it's kind. I love the unique features it brings.
  7. MrExpendable

Official VC Screenshot-thread (new signature for forum added)

Re-done Orm's Lorica:

8. MrExpendable

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

CeltiberoCaesar said:
    MrExpendable said:
    kalarhan said:
    MrExpendable said:
    In this version, I'm not able to change my banner in the camp menu once I've picked one. Has this option been moved somewhere else, or removed altogether?
    you can rename your kingdom (if you are a king) and change colours, but not your banner.

That's a bit disappointing... I like myself being able to pick and re-pick banners whenever I feel like, Especially after I accidentally picked the wrong one.

Any chance to see this option back in again?

As kalarhan said, that was a cheat and therefore It isn't something we are consider to re-enable but for testing purpose.

I understand. It was one of those options which I didn't really see as a cheat but more of a customization option.
  9. MrExpendable

kalarhan said:
    MrExpendable said:
    In this version, I'm not able to change my banner in the camp menu once I've picked one. Has this option been moved somewhere else, or removed altogether?
    you can rename your kingdom (if you are a king) and change colours, but not your banner.

That's a bit disappointing... I like myself being able to pick and re-pick banners whenever I feel like, Especially after I accidentally picked the wrong one.

Any chance to see this option back in again?
  10. MrExpendable

11. MrExpendable

Removing/changing waving trees

SomeHairyGuy said:
    It's a long shot, and I haven't tried it myself, but maybe copying the Polished Landscapes pack into your module folder may sort it out? I hate the wavy tree-dildo effect too.

I did try this, but it results in having PL trees having the waving effect too. However, only the branches are waving; the trunk is still in place.

Same thing if you try to replace the VC trees with the native trees. The branches are blowing, which actually looks pretty decent imho except for the pine trees.

I wish there was a submod for this already...  :sad:
  12. MrExpendable

No one able to help me, or point me in the right direction?
  13. MrExpendable

Hi, So I've been making attempts to mod the trees so they aren't waving anymore. It's just not up to my personal tastes, the trees look like they are dancing in perfect synchronized fashion. I applaud the effort, but I'd rather want to have the, static for now. I've been looking into the files...
  14. MrExpendable

Bandit Lair

kalarhan said:
    MrExpendable said:
    Never tried MnBSaveGameEditor. Haven't heard of it either afaik, but I'll give it a try and see what I can find.

I found it south of Skiringssalr By using the editor

Confirmed. Thanks, I guess the Ctrl+T cheat doesn't show the den and you actually need to track bandits down. :smile:
  15. MrExpendable

Bandit Lair

kalarhan said:
    MrExpendable said:
    I also cannot find any bandit lairs. I tried numerous new games, cheats etc. but they just don't seem to appear when taking the quest.

I do see some bandit parties running around with the status "patrolling around their hideout", but tracking them down leads to nowhere.

Here's one of my experimental saved games: http://www.gamefront.com/files/24955605/sg00.zip

download not working. Can you post on dropbox or google drive instead?

it is probably there, but hard to find lol. If you are inclined to test it: use MnBSaveGameEditor and find the coordinates (x,y) of the camp.

Then you can walk around the map looking for that spot just like if you were using a GPS  :cool:

It should be working... Strange. Anyway, here's a link to the file on Google Drive:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BylWbH__FQl1RDBrR19xSmFIQjA/view?usp=sharing
    I hope this gives you more luck.

Never tried MnBSaveGameEditor. Haven't heard of it either afaik, but I'll give it a try and see what I can find.
Back
Top Bottom