Recent content by MRay

1. MRay

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

This is an amazing patch 👏 Props to everyone who worked on it
  2. MRay

[1.7.0] Impossible to separate infantry types now into different formations?

Please can we have confirmation about us having the capability of having heroes/troops as bodyguards/individual card stack in battle? MRay? I don't believe I and many players have heard anything about this since? Thank you!!
    Like @NPC99 said in another post, this has been added in 1.1.0.
  3. MRay

In Progress 日本語 - JP Defects in the current Japanese fonts

100+ japanese characters got added with 1.1.0. If you have the time, you can test the changes on the Steam beta and if you see any issues with missing characters you can report it here.
  4. MRay

SP - UI UI Text size on console is unreadable

Some of the places in the UI doesn't have space to increase the text size globally but we might go over the design of the screens to accommodate(depending on the workload). Can you share some examples(text areas) where you have the worst time reading?
  5. MRay

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

@MRay forgot to add
    • Ability to assign companions to be formation members (not captains) in OOB

really-disappointed.gif

Order of Battle Lord Assignments
    - Players can now assign heroes to formation as regular troops. This allows players to create formations which only have heroes(bodyguard formations).
    - Assignment system is also changed. Players can now drag and drop lords from formation slots to the hero assignment pool and vice-versa.
    - We also added new Low Tier and High Tier filters to the formations.

Here you go guys.
  6. MRay

SP - UI Party composition shown in garrison management screen

This is already added internally and will be live with the party screen sorting in the next update.
  7. MRay

SP - UI Why was Old Troop Assignment System removed?

lock certain units into formations
    This is not added for the reasons I mentioned previously.

to have only hero formations
    This is already added internally, and will be live in the next version.
  8. MRay

Important Improvements for UI !!

That, or do away with the all-knowing encyclopedia to add back that 'joy of discovery' finding a good companion.
    That's already coming, stay tuned. soon ™️
  9. MRay

Important Improvements for UI !!

"Most skilled" is a relative term. One hero might be 200 in one skill and below 20 in others. And one guy might be 70 across the board. Generic "level" might help you better. But I also have some reservations adding a "level" sort since this page shows lords AND wanderers. I'll bring it up internally.

Culture info there is not relevant in my opinion. If it's affecting loyalty, prosperity etc. it's denoted in the tooltip of these values already. Seems unnecessary, plus the image of the settlement already gives you some idea. When it's relevant in the governor assignment, it should be shown there.

The governor effect of mismatching cultures should be denoted in the tooltip under governor effects.

I think "Star" doesn't really solve the issue of "will this assignment give me culture buff/debuff". Players won't be able to understand it clearly and what it does. We also use "stars" for bookmarking already and that would be misappropriating iconography. Another entry in "Governor Effects" seems like a better solution.

I have taken some notes, will bring it up internally.
  10. MRay

Can battle deployment be updated?

would be the best person to ask as the UI guy of Taleworlds, I haven't seen any other TW staff comment on the troop sorting system in the past, except Dejan/Callum said this:
    That is related to party screen troop sorting. With that feature players will be able to sort their troops in the party screen by Type, Name, Count and Tier.

I'll quote my other post that relates to OP's topic:

Not being able to assign troops and lords in the party screen is intended but the reasons are different.

Being able to assign troops to different formations would break the saved values and how the percentage sliders/filters work. If you could assign a horse archer to an infantry formation, you couldn't get him out of the infantry formation in current implementation of the OoB. Zeroing the Infantry slider in that formation would still keep the horse archer you put in there. OR we disregard the horse archer assigned there are, move him back to a horse archer formation when the slider value changes. Formations would be a mishmash of troops and it's not possible to represent that with sliders.

If we add all 4 troop type sliders to all of the cards then one of the problems is, "when do we remove the troops assign from party screen?". Player changed the filter, do we remove them? Player set the slider to zero, do we remove them? I'm not even going into AI problems with having 8 different mishmash formations.

Now one way to overcome that can be locking each formation's troop type from the get go and not letting the player change them. Formation I-II is Infantry, Formation III-IV is Ranged, Formation V-VI is Cavalry and Formation VII-VIII is Horse Archer and you can only assign a troop to a formation that is related to their equipment. But we didn't want to restrict the player to these pre selections.

All in all, assigning formations to normal troops in the party screen is conflicting with changes made in OoB that's why it's removed.

Now lords/companions are a different story. Since they're more fluid with their equipment and they're unique, they don't have to conform to the formation types. We can handle them in a different way. This doesn't have to be in the party screen, we can add a separate UI in the formation cards that you could use to put unassigned heroes in that formation as troops. We can save the assigned formation of the hero and not let them be affected from the sliders. I am, personally, not against this and would love to bring it up internally. That's why I asked for a suggestion post, here. If you feel the assignment of heroes to specific formation as troops, not just captains, would be a good addition feel free to leave a comment in that post.

I've discussed this change in many posts in this forum, this is one of those I'll leave it here:https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/why-was-old-troop-assignment-system-removed.448574
  11. MRay

SP - UI Implement Adjust Screen Fix

The play area option is read from the system. So, you can adjust it through your system settings. We actually have to do it this way to satisfy Microsoft's requirements for their consoles.
  12. MRay

Multiple characters in a formation.

This is implemented and will be live with upcoming versions.
    or the ability to place companions in specific formations in the “Order of Battle”.
  13. MRay

Resolved Unable to Re-bind "Menu Shortcuts" Keybindings

This should be fixed with the new version
    Fixed a bug that prevented hotkeys from being re-assignable. This will reset all keybindings.
    Can you confirm?
  14. MRay

SP - UI Overhaul mods - stripey thumbnails

Is there a way to make the icones as well apply the team color, etc?
    I would try setting team color on the material of the armor piece itself. When the item gets used by the game code it'll be overriden but it'll have that team color by default when it's not given/set.
  15. MRay

SP - UI Can we get Autoscroll on the Party Screen?

Sorting feature in the party screen is already implemented internally and should be live with upcoming updates. Let's see if that satisfies your needs and discuss afterwards.
Back
Top Bottom