Recent content by mortal

1. mortal

Stripped down module system (original by Theoris, updated to 1.153)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,155131.0.html First things first, Theoris did 99% of the work. I simply updated the header files and removed a few dozen lines of code pertaining to custom battles, multiplayer, and the tutorial. Anyone can update the original, all you need to do...
  2. mortal

Combining modules

It's going to be much more difficult to import the native map, as there are numerous references to towns and castles in scripts.txt, parties.txt, etc that will have to be modified. In fact, at this point it would be much easier to use the module system (assuming you had access to the RCW python files).

The main problem I see is that if you're running warband, then the RCW files will be incompatible because they're for the original mount and blade.
  3. mortal

Combining modules

Hey, would it be possible for you to upload your brf file(s) to filedropper? If you can also upload a screenshot of your textures directory I can modify the links and repload a file you can copy back into your resources folder.

It would be cool if you could upload your item_kinds1 as well.

edit: Is this the mod you were referring to?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=63033.0
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1265
  4. mortal

Combining modules

Try searching for brf and dds files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore. If you find any, delete them. Alternatively, look in virtualstore for something that resembles your warband directory structure and delete it.

Also, the materials or textures field for your item (in openbrf) might be referring to files that aren't where they're supposed to be.
  5. mortal

Combining modules

You don't need to use the module system if you want to add new items.

You'll have to copy over the resource files from RCW over to your mod, then use openBRF to view them. If the items show a blue and white checkerboard pattern, import everything in your module's texture directory into your current workspace. Don't forget to set your current module in openBRF.

With openBRF open, start up Morgh's editor and switch to the items tab. Select an item that's the same type as the item you want to add (1h weapon, head armor, horse, etc) and click on Add. Modify the fields as you see fit, but don't forget to set the mesh to the item you selected from openBRF. After you've finished, you can go ahead and add the item. If you want, you can also use the editor to add your new item to some troops to test it out.
  6. mortal

LSP Sounds Mortal Women Sound Pack

MitchyMatt said:
    Could you perhaps do something that examples the voice. That way I'll understand what it sounds like and if its good to have. Thanks!

Here you go!
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0yD2ko2ifvM
  7. mortal

Way to make the Player Faction have the farmer as its base unit it can recruit?

Here's a tutorial on how to make your own faction

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128647.0.html

However, you'll need to modify it a bit for your purposes

module_factions.py
    add ("culture_7",  "{!}culture_7", 0, 0.9, [], []),
    below ("culture_6",  "{!}culture_7", 0, 0.9, [], []),
    module_party_templates.py
    add
      ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_a", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_farmer,4,:cool:,(trp_watchman,2,4)]),
      ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_b", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_caravan_guard,3,6),(trp_mercenary_swordsman,3,6)]),
      ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_7_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_hired_blade,1,2),(trp_mercenary_cavalry,1,2),(trp_mercenary_crossbowman,1,2)]),

below
      ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", "{!}kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_sarranid_horseman,3,5)]),
    module_scripts.py
    change (assign, ":player_faction_culture", "fac_culture_1"),
    to (assign, ":player_faction_culture", "fac_culture_7"),

add     
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_town_walker_1"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_town_walker_2"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_village_walker_1"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_village_walker_2"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

below
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

add       
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_farmer"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_tier_2_troop, "trp_mercenary_swordsman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_tier_3_troop, "trp_mercenary_crossbowman"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_tier_4_troop, "trp_hired_blade"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_7", slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_mercenary_cavalry"),

below
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_sarranid_mamluke"),

add
            (else_try),
              (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_7"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_caravan_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_hired_blade"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_mercenary_cavalry"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_hired_blade"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_hired_blade"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_a"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_b"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_c"),
            (try_end),

below
            (else_try),
              (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_sarranid_deserter"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_sarranid_castle_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_sarranid_messenger"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_sarranid_prison_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_sarranid_castle_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_a"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_b"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_c"),
            (try_end),

delete
          (try_begin),
            (eq, ":party_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
            (party_get_slot, ":town_lord", ":party_no", slot_town_lord),
            (try_begin),
              (gt, ":town_lord", 0),
              (troop_get_slot, ":party_faction", ":town_lord", slot_troop_original_faction),
            (else_try),
              (party_get_slot, ":party_faction", ":party_no", slot_center_original_faction),
            (try_end),
          (try_end),
    to test this out on Grunswalder Castle and its village
    add
          (call_script, "script_give_center_to_faction_aux", "p_castle_28", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
          (call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_castle_28", "trp_player", 0), #Grunswalder Castle

below
          (call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_castle_35", "trp_knight_1_3", 0), #Haringoth_Castle
  8. mortal

I'd like to share something I found out while adding these sounds to a mod. The reason stereo files sound like crap (regardless of the bitrate) is because the m&b engine only deals with one channel. You're basically listening to the engine trying to combine the modified channel with the original, which sounds like someone being constipated.

The solution, of course, is to convert the files to mono! There's a bunch of free software available for this purpose but I've found that foobar2000 can do it in the least number of steps. Simply right click, convert, and remember to check off downmix to mono in the processing menu.
  9. mortal

Texture Editors?

The only real alternative to the likes of Gimp, Photoshop and Paint.Net is Chasys Draw IES. It's a pretty nifty image editor with tons of features and support for photoshop plugins. The cool thing is that it's free so you'll only be wasting a few minutes of your time if you decide you don't like it.

However, if you're willing to drop a bundle of cash, zbrush just might be what you're looking for.
  10. mortal

WTF is this?!

I think the problem is that the number of entries specified at the beginning of the file does not match the actual number of entries. I'm not sure why the module system wouldn't catch that though...
  11. mortal

Royalty free sound, all under the creative commons/public domain license. I swear I didn't steal these sounds from Panpiper or Rejenorst.
  12. mortal

Syntax Error with Module_troop.py

Looks like a problem with your module_troops.py file, specifically in troop upgrade declarations.

Can you post your module_troops file? I'd like to take a look at it.
  13. mortal

Apparently, lady sounds are hard to come by in this forum! I've compiled a sound pack featuring lady combat sounds and I'd like you to use it any any way you see fit! No credit is necessary, but it would be nice to see what mods are using this sound pack. Do it up, gang...
Back
Top Bottom