Recent content by MorrisB

1. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - V5.0 BETA_1 DOWNLOAD

It is, but there is a workaround:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,202131.0.html
  2. Duel Mechanics

Technically it should be possible. Just a reversal of the dueling code here and there.
  3. SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

I haven't played with Villian in quite a while, but it's true that the Adenian foot troops (both melee and archers) received a significant boost at one point, and at a certain range the Villianese can be out-shot (short bows fire faster than longbows and war bows). The fact that the Villianese suck at countering cavalry in the open doesn't help against Aden either. But as LibSpit said, things will get more balanced later.

For the moment I advise you to either stay out of Aden's league until you can field more troops OR employ mercenaries/auxiliaries that can help out with your problem. Villianese shield wall + longbowmen usually win against archer-heavy armies, but you might wanna field pikemen or extra cavalry to break up incoming cavalry charges.
  4. Mount and Blade II?

Ah, that's because we were discussing what a potential continuation for the mod would entail (if we made a "SOD 3" for MnB 2). And if it would include a lengthy time jump, guns would logically be more widespread, but that doesn't mean compulsory usage of course.
  5. Mount and Blade II?

Yeah, there's that, but just like you said, it's just an option. Plus Faith Troops are not really 'regular' units, you have to earn them.
  6. Mount and Blade II?

Have you even played the mod ? None of the already implemented factions have regular troops with firearms, and they will stay that way. Future factions will be mostly free of them as well. To quote myself from the previos page:

Only a handful of 'unavoidable' enemies will use gunpowder weapons, and even them are mostly stuck on the level of hand-cannons.

By "a handful", I mean less than 15 troop types, and they appear in small numbers even in the few "compulsory" battles which involve them; considering there are already hundreds of troop types, and there will be even more factions in later additions, that's fairly insignificant.
  7. Mount and Blade II?

darthdj31 said:
    I thought there was small talk about a firearm off/on option?

Make no mistake, this is also in consideration. But the fact that you can effectively close out most guns from the game simply by not using them as weapons or hiring very specific mercs renders this option somewhat redundant.

SaintRouge said:
    Morris takes guns seriously.  :shock:

Yeah, I suppose I do  :roll:  but only because logic dictates so in accordance to the storyline. I don't want to make major spoilers, though...
  8. Mount and Blade II?

A prequel would have much more limited opportunities; there would be a lot less weapons/armors/etc because they weren't in use at the time, not to mention many factions would have to be cut out: the SOD nations and the Calradians had minimal contact prior to the Invasion of Calradia, a lot of the mercenary factions were nowhere around yet, and Ponavosa was not discovered up until a few years before the start of SOD: Warlords. Sure, we could build up 'in-between' episodes, such as the Empire's conquest of the SOD nations prior to the Invasion of Calradia (from the Imperials' point of view) and whatnot, but these would be more trouble than they are worth, and would restrict the Player a lot if we enforced 'canon endings'. A prequel would be, in a lot of regards, taking a step backwards. A sequel, on the other hand...

I understand that there are quite a few players who dislike guns and prefer to stick to medieval warfare, but as I perceive it there are just as many who wouldn't mind taking pew-pew-ing a step further. In SOD: Warlords, there is a compromise - there are very few guns involved at all so long as you do not want to involve them.  I think it's a fair trade, as it pleases both parties of players, but in a potential sequel, this may no longer possess a logical basis. But as I stated, it's faaar tooo eeeaaarly to worry over this now.
  9. SOD Warlords - Voice Acting! *Updated 11/01/2012*

ATTENTION, VOICE ACTORS AND WOULD-BE VOLUNTEERS !

New material has been added to the first post. Duel lines will now be faction-specific, and thus will have greater diversity.
  10. Mount and Blade II?

If - IF ! - we ever get to making SOD 3, wider inclusion of firearms is a logical necessity, the scale depending on how further we proceed in time. So if we only jump 20-30 years, that means guns are still scarce in general (unavaible to basic faction troops), but 100+ years is an entirely different tale, considering some off-map nations in the SOD universe already have matchlock or even flintlock muskets and cultural/technical exchange is bound to speed up between continents. Anyway, considering the time necessary to make a full-blown mod (Warlords is barely halfway done), we need not worry over such details right now.

On the other hand, there will be new guns introduced in later versions of SOD: Warlords, but accordingly to our gunpowder policy, the majority of them won't ever appear if you don't want to use them; this means that only random tavern mercenaries have them, and they are rare in shops too. In short: if you don't want it, don't use it. Period. Only a handful of 'unavoidable' enemies will use gunpowder weapons, and even them are mostly stuck on the level of hand-cannons.
  11. Mount and Blade II?

We'll see what MnB 2 will have to offer once it's out and mostly bug-free... and SOD Warlords still has so much to progress.

The scary thing is, I've already accumulated ideas for a potential SOD 3, and in some manners, LibSpit's steampunk nightmares weren't far from what I've thought up...

*ominous music*
  12. SOD Warlords - Voice Acting! *Updated 11/01/2012*

Volunteers are always welcome, even if only to increase voice variety at the moment. Later on there will be more voice work needed anyway.
  13. Antarian Behemoth Sword

Because it is an 'unfinished feature'. Currently all the Royal Set items are useless, precisely because they are not meant to be used until they are properly balanced and possibly polished.
  14. What i think every mod should have, including this one.

It could be included, but it wouldn't really serve practical purposes - I doubt too many people would play 18-20 in-game years just to see those children grow up and actually become useful.
  15. A few questions

1) Do the normal factions have zealous troops? If so, what are they?

Currently they don't have any, but they will in future versions.
Back
Top Bottom