Recent content by monoolho

1. monoolho

You want workshop levels?

What is not allowed?
    both. A better system and a banned member to make a new account
  2. monoolho

Thousand prisoners insanity. What to do?

This happens now because in one of the recent updates NPCs ability to sell prisoners at Taverns was removed, so only the player can sell prisoners, AI parties have to put them in dungeons. IDk why this was done

Why tho

Also, what patch did it? 1.0.3?
  3. monoolho

Dragon Banner Nightmare

Well, no one said making a kingdom from scratch was an easy task. Thank you for replying about the governor istead of faction leader. Might just save some other lost soul from regret and confusion
  4. monoolho

1.7.1 beta completely broken

Well...let me first be toxic and unhepful before others have the chance to: tHaTs WhY Tw UpDaTeD tHeiR GaEm

With that out of the way. In the beta branches on steam, can you go even further than 1.7.1? It might be they removed previous broken versions.

As a v1.0.1 user myself, i feel pretty much like you do, but is there a way you could update all those mods to their 1.8 or 1.0.x version to keep playing it? Im away from pc now, so i cant be sure about it, and i know for a fact TW did some shadow updates on v.1.0.2 that broke one or other mod, so that's a thing now... would love further feedback on falling behind older versions. However, if there is no 1.7.0 beta branch. It is unlikely they kept the 1.7 version you played, thus the only copies are from earlier or newer versions. You can try scrolling further down, sometimes those were actually version e1.7 so and so... so the e versions could be down the list, hopefully.
  5. monoolho

" ........... has gotten pregnant "

Steven Negus is an experienced journalist, so his grasp of written English should be well above average.
    Yes, but he is a writer, he was hired to write lore, not basic features of the game. Also, as a writer myself, the workload of writing and composing something is very different from revising and editing it. It is best if one does both, but they require different mindsets, thus, different timetables and methods. If they were to ask him to revise the work, i'm sure he could, as his works depict his ability, but it would entail a different job and another payment. So much so he would most likely delegate or refer TW to a professional language assistance company to do that specific job.

Sorry to keep the offtopic but since I'm not a native english speaker I have to ask... does this surname sound exactly the same than the N word?
    Good question. [Shrek burned face meme]
    Maybe thats old timey English rather than modern English. Like if someone were to say 'lickspittles' about members of their court.
    Nope. It is a modern colloquial expression. Thats why i said the mod that changed it to ".... learned she is with child" is more appropriate, for pretty much the reasons you gave.

Edit: Let's not forget that "has gotten" is not wrong, it's just  ugly. And ugly language (cacophonous, for example) stand out like a pustule, a furuncle or a canker.

Ugly doesn't mean wrong, only very noticeable, but even "ugly" language features can be well used to invoke or emphasize a specific feeling or a specific result in a text.
    When used appropriately, alliterations alter our understanding in a way that allows for an argument against awful anecdotes and attributes or asinine writing. But alliterations are not cacophony, they're deliberate sentences. The use for preggo-ness in BL feels like just an oversight from one of them "devs that know english" and no one is very bothered about it. Hence 3 years in and it's still there.

Edit2: just noticed i had to come back and edit this post about 3 times to leave it the way it is. It sure takes different grinds, to make something and to edit something.
  6. monoolho

" ........... has gotten pregnant "

Ngl, offered my services for them as a translator some years ago, never heard back, i think they hired a company to localize it into brazilian portuguese. I didnt even bother checking the quality there (i am arrogant that way). Would gladly fix most of these problems for free in English, being a language teacher and researcher by trade. Also remember: being native doesn't mean one fully grasps the language and its minutiae. My forum speech might be broken and badly edited, but thats because i only "talk to people" in my spare time, generally typing in my crappy 5 year old samsung smartphone, which i hate with all my might. Professionally, i work with mouse and keyboard, like the Gods intended.

i thought they had changed it, but this thread has shown me its a mod, most likely Family Control, which changed the text to ".... learned she is with child", which is much more appropriate than the original "is under the preggy" given the context.

As a sidenote, this reminded me of The Sims 3's portuguese translation, which stated "... contracted pregnancy". I lol at that to this day. One time i used it in a college presentation, jokingly, but it was not well received, clearly my colleagues and teacher didnt fully understand the depth of my esoteric sense of humor.
  7. monoolho

Are there any plans to improve fief management, or will it always suck?

I liked the original concept shown years ago where player could decide what to do in the village. There were like 4 development "land areas" for the village to place either field, cattle, industry/mining or horses and if player wanted, he could sacrifice one area to build a castle.
    + taxes should be under players control. So when village is struggling, you can lower the taxes or even give them exemption not to pay.
    Castles should be as originally proposed a living/functional part of developed village. Castles as of now are just money eaters and it often feels like punishment or bad joke when getting one as fief 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Had forgottten the castles were optional in the original design. It seems like castles are still balanced based in those concepts (that didnt work, unfortunately, that could earn them an innovative award...). So they feel like an afterthought, a money drain... not gonna lie, real castles were pretty much like that and still are often, but they provided security and siege-resistant structures, so it was an investment. In current BL, castles are sometimes harder to defend than towns, provide no actual bonus to villages, if at all. And at best, they provide nobleish recruits. Sometimes. A pity, really.

At least with improved garrisons mod, they feel worthy, so much i dont even quite remember how vanilla was, except it was... meh.
  8. monoolho

If the fighting in Calradia goes on too long...

This gets suggested all the time but I've never, ever played a game where a lategame enemy spawning out of thin air is actually fun. Medieval 2 popularised the idea but it really sucks in that game. The Mongols are numerous and absurdly OP meaning you're encouraged to use tedious cheese to defeat them. Every warband mod that included the Black Knights or whatever had the same problem.

If you want a lategame challenge it should come from factions and situations that are already on the map. Spawning a bunch of annoying crap in the lategame is the laziest possible way to make it harder.
    This.

At the very least, considering it to be well balanced... all it would add is another faction. Would be nice of there was a qjeat to try and unite the faction leaders against that foe, as cheesy as it may be, but itd never happen that way. Itd just be another op faction. So more of the same. Whats the challenge in actually having to do the same stuff over and over? Not that its not challenging per se, but its not novel, there is no addition of content, only increasing what already is there.

Now, if the conspiracies actually led to your faction becoming divided, your siblings fighting you, demanding your fiefs or something of the sort, that would be different. Not necessarily good. Just different. Which is more than just addong another faction that does what all others do: endless war
  9. monoolho

Radagos

I expected this to be the case after release... imagine my disappointment
  10. monoolho

What changes would you like to see to the influence system?

Agree entirely with you all. About paradox... i think its because their game systems give a better feeling of depth than most strategy games, and have become mainstream, given it's a fairly complex strat game, it is easy to see why people would copy it the apparent system without the overarching depth.

It feels awful having to open a menu to pay influence to fill a bar to keep army cohesion, its... completely antithetical to everything else in the game. Also it feels like a lackluster currency for voting, which doesnt make much difference: you can only spend a small amount each vote, and the AI decision making is dumb and arbitrary, so spending influence there is mostly useless.

I dont even know what else influence is used for, and i play it since day one, just to give an idea of how... not cool of a system it is. If it even unlocked orders to AI, or flavorful dialogues... but no. Its just a mana score for armies and voting. I seriously dont have other suggestions. Maybe getting rid of it might be good.
  11. monoolho

Game crashes: Better or Worse since Official Launch?

I couldnt really say, since i use 70+ mods since 2020, but as far as I see, it seems as stable as it was right before release, and i only got the odd crash with some particular mods and updates. Im still at 1.0.1, though
  12. monoolho

Siblings still "Holding" at 23 and 19

Nope, that's a bug. They should become available and appear as "Staying at ####" when they come of age (18-20). Maybe try marrying them to see if you can call them back to your party. I can only think of that at this stage. Or console commands.

Thats why my modlist is immense, so many things that modders had to work around, fix or improve... at least humankind only needed about 5 mods to be very good, BL needs about 30 to become playable.

Now, as a modding solution, i would recommend:

This mod fixes leaderless parties, and might just fix stuck siblings, but im not sure

Edit: i dont use this next one, but it might fix it for you without destroying your save:
  13. monoolho

Steam Awards: Bannerlord NOT most Innovative Gameplay

Bannerlord has an innovative development process optimized for length and disappointment, but there's no award for that.
    That's... very accurate.
  14. monoolho

Crash on Game Save Load

Great thanks.

Not sure if you have seen this before, but every time I close B&L I get this little warning. It does not last long and I can't make it bigger quick enough to see what it says:

f90xzlc.png
    Over 100 mods and get this. I use butr loader, do you? Ot might just be a leftover visible warning that ita clearing the memory/navmesh stuff. When i see it, i can feel the game closed correctly.

Apart from that, where are your BL install folder? Mine's at W:, my ssd with only heavy games. I say it because i remembered windows loves scrwing with software installed in C:, especially if theyre under the Programs and Files folder. So a good recommend is to always install games outside the program files folder (a plain C:\new folder\ sometimes is enough).

So if your game is under C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\...\, it might be worth a try to change the game folder. Not aure how to kove it around only C drive wothout reinstalling steam, but im sure theres a way.

The reason for this, afaik is that windows takes security measures with specific folder systems and prohibits certain behaviours, sometimea needed by games, especially pess optimized ones, so it may be affecting BL's performance and coding.

That's a long shot in the dark, though. I might be completely wrong and this is only relevant to windows 7 or who knows. I certainly dont, but following this knowledge, ive never had a problem like locked .dlls or the sort. So take my advice as anecdoctal evidence
  15. monoolho

Climate influence

4. Critical temperatures greatly increase the consumption of all resources.
    That would make more sense to apply a "debuff" to seasons, rather than to regions. Its 6 am and i couldnt sleep, but sieges in winter shouldnt be the same as autumn and spring. While it is interesting that Charlemagne made it a "rule" to obly start wars before summer, so everyone would be able to forage, it would make sense that summer heat, bugs and disease would incur some penalties. Which could amount to interesting decisions of when to actually march. Perhaps a general debuff to speed and consumption in summer and winter, which are both followed by more sensible seasons could provide a better gameplay feature than arbitrary region locks.

My real problem with the game is population. Everyday each village spawns half a dozen soldiers, the most fertile land in all gami ng worlds ive seen, people being born and growing up days after a village is razed... amazing! Maybe more recruits in winter amd summer, and less during spring and fall... that could prove interesting. I dunno, insomnia is a hell of a thing
Back
Top Bottom