Recent content by momcilo94

1. momcilo94

Public siege event

Hey all, there's going to be a public siege event starting in 2h on With Fire and Sword, you're all invited to come! The server is Siege_Paradise!
  2. momcilo94

Who of the old guard are still around?

You can hop here from time to time if you want some nostalgia from the old forum, you can change the date up top https://web.archive.org/web/20131031120115/http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php
  3. momcilo94

Dragon Force - a game from Japan made in 1996 for Sega Saturn similar to Mount and Blade

I just discovered this and it looks amazing. It has a similar battle/kingdom gameplay of Mount and Blade combined with a fantasy setting and a handcrafted story.
  4. momcilo94

Forest Hideout inspiration

Do you think the inspiration for the Forest Hideout scene could be the Sherwood forest from Robin Hood The Legend From Sherwood game? :D Forest Hideout: Robin Hood scene:
  5. momcilo94

Making sandbox games can be an ungrateful job

I know what ad hominem is. I'm asking where I did that since you claimed that I and my "buddy" was doing that? If you are still referring to that case, I'm refusing to waste my time to discuss with a person that doesn't read what I say and just come up with a response like "create your own forum". That's not ad hominem. That's just me not wasting my time anymore.
    I also do get your point and want to people to be soft on Taleworlds because you appreciate the product. But you are also missing the point. As you can already see in this thread, such threads are like a breeding point for troll fans. And it also shows close-mindedness of the TW community regarding to opinions. That's not Mount&Blade. It never was. Without community and criticism, we wouldn't have Bannerlord. There is no need to create a thread for making a point. That's why I explained to you that this thread is pointless.
    And regarding to your example, bad criticism is still criticism and helpful for game developers as I explained hundreds of times.
    Would it be better to have good criticism from everyone? Yes. But that's not realistic or not possible. So let people outrage if they feel like it. As long as they are within the forum rules, that's fine. No need to do flaming.

I never said "create your own forum" so stop putting words in my mouth. Also if you know what ad hominem is then stop using it
    There is no need to create a thread for making a point. That's why I explained to you that this thread is pointless.
    not to mention it is very hypocritical as you are supportive of trolling fans but flame on my right to criticize them. If you defend their right to make rage posts that offer criticism why are you so keen on telling me I shouldn't express my opinion on them?

And regarding to your example, bad criticism is still criticism and helpful for game developers

In most cases it's not, it's just a rage vent for people to let out their frustrations and they offer nothing constructive that the developers can build on.
  6. momcilo94

Did you just read one sentence of what I've said and wrote that? Because that is definetly not what I meant, your criticism of our point of view is quite nonsensical since me myself trend to defend Taleworlds and I still put my hopes and dreams unto them and this game, but surprisingly I'm not a blindfolded person and I can see the problems this game has as much as everyone can, what you're arguing is that we shouldnt criticize and praise them for some reason like that is going to make the game better. If you were producing something and, even if it was bad, people came to you and sucked your **** non stop would that help you make your product better? No, you would get stuck under that first impression complacient people are giving you, instead if someone criticized your product (in development) you could notice the problems within it and improve upon it.
    As I said before, people who come to this forum to insult the developers tire me out as much as you that doesnt mean the game is complete and full of fun experiences, it means we as an audience should develop a more critical way of seeing this game and to know what should we point out that we think is going wrong and how to say it. You seem to be quite based and closed to your opinions to take such a blatant statement from what I've said I reccomend you pay more attention and read better my friend otherwise this discussion will go nowhere

You said most of your gameplay was running from a tournament to a tournament so you can collect gold to sustain yourself, to me that's not all the game has to offer. I'm not against criticism btw, I'm all for constructive criticism, this whole topic was aimed at people who use insults or act disrespectful when criticizing.

Using ad hominems to fuel my arguments and not backing them up? What? Show me where I did that?

Any time you insult a person or bash upon an argument by attacking a person instead of the argument is ad hominem. I used a few of 'em too in this thread, my fault I got triggered a bit so I apologize if I insulted anyone. I just don't understand such hostility in the responses when my main point isn't that bad, which is that ppl should stop being dickheads when they provide criticism and they should show some respect. I'm not against constructive well written criticism.

Edit: To point out what I mean, here's some examples:

Example (Good criticism): "Hello TW, I believe that the game could benefit with the addition of more armor variety and to balance out archers in multiplayer and also while you're at it would be cool if we got more gear variety and this and that stat gets tweaked and this and that feature gets added or removed in sp".

Example (Bad criticism): "You idiots stole my money! This game has been in development for 8 years! Oh my god what are you guys even doing, look at these bugs!!!!"
  7. momcilo94

Half of the time in my playthrough was going from town to town doing tournaments to earn money. Every tournament was the same, every town I visited, while they were different in aspect, was the same in valuable content, like people living in there. That half of my playthrough was boring, it felt like I was doing nothing in this world just making money to sustain my army in peace time, all I did while playing was thinking how lackluster this game was and thinking what things could be added to make it fun. I wished it had a lot of content, if you're trying to defend the price tag, I honestly dont care, I knew what I was getting myself into, what I dont expect is people trying to bellitle my opinions of this game just because its a sandbox and its hard to make, I know they've improved the graphical side by millions, for me this game looks and feels fantastic while being in combat but it dies as soon as you dont have no fighting to do. It dies. Literally the game is dead in peace time, and that my friend is lack of content.
    Now what I'm trying to do in my posts is to show this problem to the devs, which I hope they already addressed before I even told them. I'm realistic about game development and I dont expect this game to add new content in the next week, but in a couple of months new content MUST be added, it's a MUST

So you spent 50+ hours, haven't experienced more than half of the content the game has to offer, and it's their problem?

:smile:

Don't bother. He clearly indicated that he is up for discussing randomly without having a proper basis or even an argument.

Ironic, considering you and your buddy use ad hominems to fuel your arguments and don't use facts to back up your statements.

Also people, please don't stray off topic with the Arma argument.
  8. momcilo94

8 years is a huge time range for game development. For any game, any person and any game studio.
    I'm seeing that you are sharing this link for some reason in your posts to justify 8 years of development but this article is a huge click-bait. It's written by 4 y.o. kid apparently. For example, Diablo III and StarCraft are done by the same company. The same company that also delivered Warcraft III in 2002, World of Warcraft in 2004 and other bunch of WoW related games that is still played by hundreds. Same goes for Team Fortress II. Same studio released Counter-Strike Source in 2004, Day of Defeat in 2005, Counter Strike Condition Zero in 2004, Portal in 2007, Half Life 2 in 2004 and bunch of Half Life related stuff meanwhile. So none of these studios stalled around, waited 8 years without doing anything but showing blog posts that do not even make it to EA.

It's not for a project of this size and everything they had to do. And development studios don't put same people on the same projects if it's dual development, one group of people works on one and the other on a different project. And yes, people can pump out games fast but it all depends on the scope and size on the project, like I already said, the amount of time they took is completely reasonable considering it's a complex sandbox game and they had to start over with the engine.
  9. momcilo94

:smile:

First of all, let's start with this:
    Are those "whining" people insulting anyone? Are they cursing? Are they violating any forum rules? No. Did they pay for this game? Do they have all right to say/express however they feel in the forum? Yes. So they can say whatever they like.
    When you claim people are "whining" it is simply triggering toxic behaviour in the forum. Also, people don't have to provide constructive criticism. They don't have to feel okay with this EA mess. They don't have to test the game and feel "oh okay" with every bug as if they are QA. You don't like what people say? Scroll down and continue.

Yes, that's why I made this thread.

I won't go into your irrelevant comparison with CoD, because it's pointless. But let's take another example, let's talk about Warband. First Mount&Blade game released in 2008. Warband released in 2010. After 2 years. 2 years of development. They were both sandboxes, they were both same game mechanics. Warband was superior to first M&B. Warband was their first Multiplayer experience, they didn't even had know-how. Yet, it was way better than Bannerlord's current state when it first came out. Was it perfect? Oh no, it was bad. But it was better than Bannerlord as first state. Bannerlord took 8+ years of development. Eight years. People have all right to say What the hell when you make people wait for 8+ years and showcase lots of stuff beforehand in your blogs, which wasn't included in the release or polished ( by polishing, I mean like, it feels like literally no QA tested smithing for example )

Point is people need to be aware of the development side of things, so they stop providing their criticism in an insultful way. 8 years is nothing for the scope of the game, and Warband and Bannerlord aren't the same on a technical level. Their only mistake was publishing that they started development because of impatient people. https://overmental.com/content/10-games-that-spent-the-longest-time-in-development-2-672

When a bunch of untrained modders starts to tweak your game, fixes your issues, polishes your features within same time range where you, as a company, add really weird unnecessary features, then people have all right to complain and "whine". Because it basically shows that you are either ignoring people's complains or you are not putting the effort that you should put into your own game. I mean Bannerlord doesn't have banners in the game officially for god's sake, stop using EA or Sandbox-complexity to defend this weirdness.

Putting cream on the cake isn't the same as making the cake.

Even Taleworlds is not defending themselves about this. Taleworlds is a company and they have an internal roadmap. Doesn't matter if we like it or not. They have it and they are following it. You can effect that only with expressing your concerns about the game. You can say it's full of crap. This is a feedback for them as well. If they feel like why you are saying that, they can ask more information. And that's what Arda and others are trying to do nowadays. But if everyone all the sudden stops giving feedback or "whining" they can assume everything is alright. Because apparently they though in this way before releasing this half-product.

My post was aimed at disrespectful criticism and lack of awareness, I didn't mention anything against constructive criticism.

Regardless to that, numbers are crystal clear. Stats are going down. And they are aware of that now. And that's why they wanted to fix their codebase so that adding or fixing new stuff won't become more and more problematic after each patch.

If you still feel like you want to defend that claim, good luck with explaining already lost 238,898 players how hard to make a sandbox game because it's not call of duty

Same people who already clocked in 50+ hours and expect more content to be produced by the speed of light to satisfy their unending hunger. If you want content to produced that fast, you need a reality check.

30+ hours median playtime for 5mil-10mil estimated players. Let that sink in.
  10. momcilo94

For the sake of comparison, let's take some of the Call of Duty games that have a similar price tag like Bannerlord. Making a story based singleplayer shooter game, even with multiplayer is much less demanding than making a sandbox game like Mount & Blade with so many elements involved. Why...
  11. momcilo94

Inspiration for Mount & Blade and the Last Kingdom books & show

So I was watching the Last Kingdom tv show and I thought to myself "This reminds me of Mount and Blade", then randomly today I checked out the inspiration for the Mount & Blade series and one of them is books by Bernard Cornwell, who wrote the Last Kingdom books. Just a cool thought :D...
  12. momcilo94

If you have a fast internet (50mb+) and a weak pc, there's a way to play Bannerlord

input lag will vary from person to person. it depends on your ping

If you have a 50mb-100mb internet connection via ethernet cable there shouldn't be much of a problem.
Back
Top Bottom