Recent content by Ming

1. Mount&Blade in linux

I used M& B .894  still can't even get the start up menu under .9+

All the .dlls went in the /windows/system32 directory.

Thanks for the link!  I ran across another blogpost giving instructions on how to install directX, but the comments said there wasn't much point for Linux newbies and it could lead to problems so I didn't trust it.
  2. Mount&Blade in linux

These instructions are actually very confusing for Linux newbies.

I've downloaded DirectX9c, but there is no file 'DirectX.cab', but lots of cab files named by date and version #.  Am i supposed to copy all,some, or none of these?  And just the dll files?  Do I need to rename anything?

Edit:  Here's what I did.

I took the d3dx9_34.dll file out of the June 2007 x86 cab and downloaded the d3dx9_31 linked by the OP.  M&B works much better now. (Had crippling slowdown in combat) Can't tell which one did the magic, but one of 'em did.
  3. Help with Newbie Tutorial

Thanks! tried it and worked.

Hmmm, I thought I read something about the tutorial being updated. . . must have got confused.
  4. Help with Newbie Tutorial

Thanks for responding. I've just started familiarizing myself with editing concepts so I'm a little dumb.

Are you saying I need to add another else step to the module_simple_triggers script?
  5. Help with Newbie Tutorial

Having a bit of a problem here. . . Ok, I've decided to try my hand at editing this game and am trying to go through the Newbie modding tutorial. Unfortunately, no matter how many times I try it, I cannot enter the 'Horse Emporium' I have just created. When attempting to do so, I get a...
  6. Paths to Glory and Event Engines

I really like your idea of an event system, and trust me, if the mod tools ever get released I'll be all over it.

However, I think we're a ways off from Armagan coding this type of thing.

(Say it aint so!)
  7. Awesome game- thanks for going historical and not fantasy!

I'm of the opinon, that instead of having rather acerbic arguments about what we want to see in this game, we should simply let Armagan make his game and like it.

(And Ipek of course.)
  8. Mod: Attackable peasants

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to bar someone from entering a town. Can anyone confirm?

I'm watching this thread with much interest, please continue.
  9. White Armour?

For the most part, I like.
    I'm already thinking about what sort of mod I'd make for this game.

And please, Gentlemen. You mean well and are reasonably articulate, but let's stay on topic.
  10. White Armour?

GreenKnight said:
    Ugh...look, what about the suggestion that was made awhile ago, to just buy some enamelation kit? Buy black armor, and make it whatever color you want? If I have to hear one more diatribe about how religion is for idiots, or America is the instrument of evil, that whole fork in the eye's going to start sounding pretty good.

In this, we definately agree. Odd how this thread became a stump for political/philosophical views.

As I posted in the Graphics suggestion, I'm 100% behind more options to customize the look of your character.
  11. White Armour?

Right. This would be much easier to give context to.

A knightly order dedicated to protecting peasants (Let's say, the Knights Proletaria, or Defenders of the Weak.) against Bandits/Slavers would be much more believable and interesting than just being 'good'.

Unfortunately, such knights would be poor, and dirt poor at that. (There's no money in saving peasants, only in robbing them.) This is where they would need an altruistic patron to support them, or else they wouldn't be able to afford any of this white armor we're talking about, and I can't think of any rich man paying knights to protect the peasants he probably robbed or taxed to get rich in the first place. The types of Orders that would arise wouldn't be much different from the manhunters who are already in the game. (Poorer, actually, since they presumably aren't on someone's payroll.)

We'd really need to develop a religious or philosophical framework to justify any independent military orders. This is why dark knights bother me so.
  12. White Armour?

Skree said:
    Moreover, they are called "Dark Hunters"... and they attack... what? civilians, mostly, and don't become involved with armies or somesuch. In fact, i believe that they might be one of two things:

1)Slavers

2)Witch hunters

That would make them already paladins. Cheers.

As has been stated before, this definition does not represent what a Paladin actually was. The definition I use here is the historical, early medieval definition (As this game has no Fantasy elements, the D&D Paladin definition has no place.)

It seems to me that since this game tries to do away with the Fantasy elements, there could indeed be a place for 'Paladins' in the original meaning of the term. (Once more content is put in, as someone already outlined.)

As to the definition people seem to be accepting, the nebulous sort of Proto-Crusader described in several posts (And their definition of Crusader is seriously flawed as well), I agree that such an organization seems jarring and out of place here. (I also feel this way about the Dark Nights.) The addition would go a long way to disrupt my immersion, but this is already done by the Dark nights. I really would like to have some more development of their particular faction, and then decide whether an antithesis is warranted.
  13. Graphics - add your suggestions

One thing I'd perhaps like to see is variable skins for decorative items.

For things like the Heraldric shield or armor you could find different superficial designs for the same armor. Perhaps there will be different designs and colors depending on which area you are in. This would allow you to more fully customize the look of your character.

also, more types of helmets. (Like a norman helm for example.) I'm just partial to the look, and I'm really into the dressup side of this game.

Definately make towns look more varied, and I'd also suggest making the land textures a little more interesting. (Put some variation in the plains/forest/mountains. Maybe some hills?)

EDIT: Echoing Bluesman, some map evidence of human interaction would be nice. Farm huts, fields, etc. Not that you'd be able to enter or do anything with them, but it would put the farmers in context, who currently seem to patrol but not Farm.
  14. Does anyone have an extensive description of the skills?

I'll second that request. Especially in regards to tactics. I'm beginning to suspect that it only comes into play when you tell your forces to charge without you, but I'd like some clarification.
  15. kidnapped girl

Tiedye said:
    Plus, that takes "treating women as objects" to a whole new level. :smile:

Classic!

Though really, I think the inventory item would be best. (Horses are already inventory items.)
Back
Top Bottom