Recent content by mikeybimley

1. mikeybimley

[Resolved] Issues with blender and making a new world map

NPC99 said:
    I don’t use cartographer, prefering Thorgrims map editor, however, as far as I can see you appear to have created your own sea and plains materials as opposed to using the 14 hardcoded materials normally exported with an obj file from cartographer, which it and Warband recognise. I presume on import cartographer is ignoring your materials and applying a default material to all triangles.

Check the guide’s section on editing 3d geometry again https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/wiki/Home

BTW IMO 157k triangles is probably still too many and may cause performance problems or CTDs. Also, the sharp/jagged coastlines will look unrealistic in game, you need to smooth these (there is a tool in Thorgrims to smooth coastlines).

Upon closer inspection of that guide I realized that I never properly linked cartographer to my module_parties, and it was using the default module parties in its (cartographers) own folders. That is the only thing that changed, and now it works!

Also thank you for the advice on the map - it is a very WIP. I wanted to figure out if I could actually get this to work before going in depth on making the map optimized and pretty.

Thank you so much for the advice.
  2. mikeybimley

If you can specify what you want to see specifically, then I can show you. Otherwise, here is my Blender screen after re-importing my exported .obj file.
    Qhodahi.png

And as for the vertices, here is that.
    f7EjuwA.png
    +

You can see the two seperate materials in the top right corner, water and plains
    vVkVuaH.png

And here is the info about them, if its helpful at all:
    sF2RwxV.png

mOo3Ij3.png

Edit: I remember being told by someone "water always on top" and I was going to try that, but it looks like the water material is already on top of the plains material
  3. mikeybimley

EDIT: solved! see https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,381852.msg9079399.html#msg9079399 note: x-posted from M&B Mod Makers Q&A thread I am trying to make my own world map, and have been pretty successful thus far. Right now I have made the overall shape of the continent from a .bmp...
  4. mikeybimley

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Blubby said:
    Hey everyone.

Does anyone know how to make town,castle and village names smaller?
    I know that the icon size can be changed however the names are way
    too big when the icons have been scaled down.

At the beginning of module_parties.py, there are these lines:
    Code:
    pf_town = pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_show_faction|pf_label_large
    pf_castle = pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_show_faction|pf_label_medium
    pf_village = pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_hide_defenders|pf_label_small

If you replace the pf_label_small with medium/large, then that could work? I have no idea myself, I just saw this when browsing through the module system last night. This would make text the same size, however. You might be able to edit what pf_label_XXXX means in whatever file is linked to the pf prefix
  5. mikeybimley

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I am trying to make my own world map, and have been pretty successful thus far. Right now I have made the overall shape of the continent from a .bmp file, and I got it loaded into Cartographer, moved all the locations to land, etc etc. I am currently stuck on blender. Specifically, I have exported from Swyter's Cartographer to .obj, I have reduced a lot of vertices in blender with decimation, and am now trying to import the new .obj back into cartographer. When I do so, though, I see this:
    bo4QxOB.png

This is what the map looks like in cartographer, although in some of my testing to try to fix this it would also appear as all grey.

irNDx55.png

Here is the console

Here are my Blender Import/Export settings:
    I made sure to use the proper OBJ import settings I found
    rIX6JJH.png

I made sure only my map was selected (when switching to edit mode from object mode, I could confirm that everything was selected)
    erV7ySq.png

These are my export settings
    0hP9uvH.png

Someone else had this problem in the Cartographer thread, but they said they fixed it by downgrading their Blender. I have used both v2.75 and v2.79, as I have seen videos in which both versions of Blender successfully imported the .obj into Cartrographer.

Does anyone have any pointers/advice?
  6. mikeybimley

Dedicated server not appearing in server list despite being port-forwarded

Currently, my dedicated server appears on Local-Area-Network tab and I can connect just fine and everything works great. However, neither myself nor any of my friends can find the server on the Internet tab. I have used Portforward's Network Utility tool to check that port 7240 is...
  7. mikeybimley

Bug Reports: 1.6 (Alpha)

hyperdemon said:
    Hallegra said:
    Yep, that's a bug. I'm assuming you spammed it to get your relation that high?

No, to tell you the truth, I only talked to him once and my relation just shot up. From what I can see, it only happens to that one particular person.
    Yeah it has happened to me with 3 different lords. Except just recently it was boosted from 32 to 110. At the top of the chat messages, there is a blank option, which looks like dueling for a lady. After clicking it, my relations go down by 10. After closing the chat completely and reopening it, my relations are maxed out again at 110.

Another thing is that I got to the point where I had to talk to a lady's father to marry her, more specifically Lady Enricata's father Count Stamar (swadia). He told me that we should hold off until it is safe, and then Lady Enricata disappeared. No lord knows where she is, and my character information in reports doesn't help at all either.
  8. mikeybimley

Can't Find Guns in Later Stages of Game

Around day 26,  I can't seem to find any guns in any of the merchants (weapons, armors, horses, or goods). I've looked in almost every town, only to find none. I remember this being mentioned quite some time ago, but I forgot how to fix it (if possible). Help, anyone?
  9. mikeybimley

AGE of CHANGE II : MODELS PREVIEWS

Man, when you announced you were working on AoCII, several months later I thought you gave up (or would soon). Amazing to see that you're still working on it!
  10. mikeybimley

First experiences of PWMOD (Be it veteran or new-comer)

I think it was on the old Oceania, and I joined the reds. I got promoted to second in command.

We went patrolling.

We charged whites? Or was it...Green? Blue. I think?

That was my day, if I say so myself.

My olden name was "Rak."
  11. mikeybimley

Congratz :)

Yes, congratulations!
  12. mikeybimley

Does this Mod still have problems with Windows 7? (Or was it Vista?)

Great! Thank you for posting so quickly! Congratulations on the Port to Warband, and also your own board!

Look forward to playing! :wink:
  13. mikeybimley

Does this Mod still have problems with Windows 7? (Or was it Vista?)

I am asking this because the Mount and Blade version would not work on my computer, as I had the Windows 7. It kept crashing constantly, so I could do nothing. So I ask now, does this error remain? Thanks in advance!  :wink:
  14. mikeybimley

The Noble House of Tidwell (White Lions House) -Recruiting Part-time Militiants!

zacxx said:
    Archevious said:
    People shouldn't assume that I have a girlfriend. But they do anyways. Yeah that's my exc- er story. *forever alone on Valentines*

i love you archy!  (homo)

Fix'd. Don't worry though. I have two gay unclessheep...
  15. mikeybimley

WW 2 American Battlefield

So, this is related to the idea of creating a American version of this mod, how, exactly?

And, Desideratus, is that a Slime in your signature?
Back
Top Bottom