Recent content by Mikeera

1. Mikeera

Blood decals not showing after warmup

Hello, I have been working on a battle map for a multiplayer event recently. On the map itself I have added blood decals to help tell a bit of the story of the map. Whilst testing the map a problem occurred with it, during warm up the blood decals do show but after warm up they get removed...
  2. Mikeera

Resolved Scene Editor Can't generate terrain.

Hello, I have downloaded the editor after the newest update. Though whenever I try to generate terrain I get a pop up with: File read failed! Please try to verify your installation. Note that this is a fresh install of the modding kit aswell no adjusted files or anything. I have verified my...
  3. Mikeera

Siege Ayzar Stronghold

Fix backcap problem the castle is too easy to walk through with barely anything blocking rear line objectives.

The far right balista from attacker side is placed too close the pallisade which in turn gets abused by certain people to shoot from behind the pallisade with only their hands showing thus making it impossible to kill them bar the few good archers that include me but it's still a unreasonable difficult shot.

All suggestions are direction wise made from attacking side:

Gate by A should have more HP takes just 3 balista shots to punch a hole in there

On the walls towards E-F-G, door in the big tower on the left side(which defenders can open from both ends) and a bigger stronger barricade on the right side should help against backcapping

Gate in G gatehouse more HP or remove rocks they barely get used for defending purposes anyways and get used to destroy gate instead by attackers.

Make it impossible to walk into defender spawn on the left side of G and make a alternate route unto g since the ramp easily gets blocked off by attackers
  4. Mikeera

Hunter

Chang their longbow for a bow more on par with other factions they really feel under performing both in a lack of range, lack of dmg (swap bow out for another one) Missing marksman perk like every other faction with bow inf has.
  5. Mikeera

MP The siege needs a better balance

The problems is the maps, As soon as people start making siege maps again that actually know what they are doing like the maps that were on mount and siegethey were fun, sometimes a bit easy sometimes a bit hard and sometimes perfectly balanced. And clearly you haven't played enough siege I have seen plenty of times on full servers attackers winning sieges. You gotta work together as a team aswell not oh hey 5 go here 5 go there 5 go there and then get meet at by 20 defenders or something just bundle your forces. Force gaps, kill ranged units, start destroying siege weaponry and get in there. The balance is quite nice as it is now with the new weapon balance. It's just late stages warband were veteran players with allot of hours clocked and now there are so much new people that don't know how to fight

Developers, try to do something about the balance on siege, at least before the game is released. The attackers hardly ever win the siege. The whole game mechanic on siege are made too easy to defend. This will only lead to more and more problems later, especially with new players when they see how unbalanced this game-mod is. Add at least some of the above suggestions, add more secret passages, more ladders around the castles - so the defense would have to divide the army. Now the game is based only on narrow chokepoints, and especially when the server is full (not to mention veterans and clans) those chokepoints are impossible to break. So defense wins most rounds easily.
  6. Mikeera

MP The siege needs a better balance

Layered defence would work we had this in Warband already on the latter maps when they figured it out. You start at the front with flag A and B once you cap those you're allowed to go to the next set and so on. Prevents back capping, enhances tactical gameplay cuz they are only focused on a few points.

Capping is too easy aswell in it's current from. The second you have the mayority you start capping in warband it used to be as long as there is fighting you aint capping which makes the time for reinforcement also faster. Though there is a timer now so it can easily be capped back.

IMHO the multiplayer mappers at taleworlds should 1 just play their own games and see what the community has done in regards to balancing siege out. Also with the current system snowballing is a thing some classes are too cheap for what you get. But this is sadly up to taleworlds as mayority of the warband vets would like to see the old class system back which felt more balanced then our current class system.

The amount of tincans you saw in sieges were very low on native. Due to how the class system worked and the armor being really expensive. That being said you saw allot of low to mid tier armors with high tier weapons and shield
  7. Mikeera

Why archers (and all ranged weapons) should be removed from M&B.

Soo okay you wanna remove archers from a medieval game because you wanna melee? If you're just here for the melee go play chivalry or something. Archer has always been in m&b neither would it be removed because oh noes now I can't duel in peace?!

They are part of the medieval setting if you want it or not. Like in a modern shooter you don't remove guns either and give everyone just a knife to fight with? I mean that would just straight up be retarded right? Yeah think about it and then ask the question again.

You can despice us all you want but not every archer shoots in melee and honestly there are shields they are there to BLOCK arrows that is what they were created for. If you decide to not pick one in favour of a longer weapon yeah be prepared to be a target with a nice red big circle on your chest and then especially if you just B-Line it to the objective without looking around and dodging

Yes future server owners can limit it like they did on warband. And yes there will be servers have them fully disabled. But straight up removing them just go play chivalry, for honor or any other melee based game.

And yeah I might seem biased in your eyes because it says it in my signature that I'm a archer 99% of the time but a good archer can make a diffrence in a win or a defeat the same as infantry and cavalry can. Keep in mind this is also a skill based game, skill heavily influence your experience aswell as how YOU pick to play. But archers get killed in melee fairly often why? Inf can just take a shield and walk up to them like nothing going on, They dodge it till they are in melee range, they sneak up to them because they are too focussed on other things and not their surroundings, Most of the people playing archer aint the best in melee. And then thre is a secondary counter for archers which is cavalry.
  8. Mikeera

As a community we really gonna let people get away with personal harrasment?

Lovely that you bring ingame rulebreaks into it again, kinda irrelevant. Don't think I ever mass rdmed, but if I did it was probably worth it. No clue who you are tho, but love you too I guess?

But good for you that you changed your entire stance around Warband and just want to prevent Bannerlord to become like that, boring but good luck I guess?

Also toxicity became less? Magical world you have lived in, NW and PK were wholesomely toxic during lockdown.
    You might wanna adres your intepretation from toxicity and personal harassement they are 2 different things.
  9. Mikeera

Grow some thick skin, competitive multiplayer communities have never not been toxic.
    Toxicity aint the problem it has always been a thing, it will always stay a thing and I won't deny that.

But personally attacking someone based on their religion, gender or country is that really something you wanna do in the times we're living in now?
  10. Mikeera

Did we actually play the same game? Did you ever read global chat? Bannerlord MP is so much less than warband ever was, haven't seen people here get DDoSed, doxxed, nudes leaked and whatever not which was regular business on warband. And if you say that they got instantly banned you are just wrong, SO even participated in it sometimes and some people are just stupid enough to let it happen.

If you think it was only spawnkilling then you must have had your head in the sand, but hey you colour the good old Warband times however you want it but fun it was and personal harassment a regular thing.
    I did and if I remember correctly you were one of the people doing it including mass rdm and had quite a bit of bans on your name.

I'm not saying people instantly got perm banned for it. It was taken into account with later stages which lead up to a perm ban. Now who knows? Taleworlds isn't particullary open about anything that is happening on their side neither on the game development side neither on multiplayer development and moderation

Point is allowing it now without any form of moderation will set a base for later stages for it to continue. Also in the last few years it changed toxicity it stayed, the trash talking it stayed, but leaking info, pictures, and anything else got limited, ddsoing got less. Is this really a trend that we as a community wanna continue anno 2022?

Times change we grow older, people that played warband as kids and teens have grown up study, have a job, maybe have kids and are married. Do we really as the veteran community wanna stick to the old ways and pass it on to the next generation? And let this go and on and on and on? Or do we wanna say hey maybe start actively moderator on public servers (which are there to attract people) or let people so go back to their old harrasing way
  11. Mikeera

You played PW/PK, how can you say that personal harassment was not a thing on warband? Someone being doxxed was daily business and personal harassment was one of the core mechanics of that mod and the mod is not special in that.

Personal harassment a "rare occasion", didn't expect nostalgia rose colouring to hit this hard this early.
    Compared to how it is now? in Pk/Pw they actually had people actively moderating it. Either directly through a forum where a report could be issued or through game moderators. In the current state there is a report button. Is it working? Does it lead somewhere? Is taleworlds actually checking logs and handing out bans?

How it stands now is people get muted for the duration of the server once the server shutsdown the mute is removed and they can talk freely again. Are reports going anywhere we don't know because there is not forum section about it.

I and everyone else that played pw/pk or on any other high activity server seen people get banned for the slightest notion for personal harrasment to cheating from temporary server restart bans to even banned till appeal.

This currently isn't the case and if you were getting personally harrased by people how many times have you and a few of your clan mates or buddies sit at their spawn killing them over and over and over again till they stopped? I think you aswell as i and everyone else have seen or participated in those events. It was and still is better moderated and more clear then the current state of affairs.
  12. Mikeera

So as of late I have seen certain players on the EU servers especially on Siege. It went from just simple trash talking and being slightly toxic towards others which most of the vets like myself are used to from our beloved warband servers. But this simple trash talking and being toxic is...
  13. Mikeera

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

New maps for all gamemodes when? Warbands class system when?
  14. Mikeera

Is it too late for TaleWorlds to scrap the current MP component and start anew?

Best call they could make it either outsource multiplayer to a 3rd party or completly revert back with classes to the warband system where you just have inf, cav, archer and the just put your equipment together instead of inbalanced perks. The weapons are there, The armor is there, The game modes are there. Classes are already a thing why not put it back to the 3 basic classes and let everyone pick their **** for themselfs.

The only class that is unbalanced is cavalry. You can couch forever even going uphill, couch hitboxes are broken and you can run into other cav or teammates and not get reared unlike warband. Archers is almost useless, they're not as accurate as they used to be and inf can catch archers pretty quickly. But you don't know these things because you don't play the game or maybe you're not able to. You've proven it many times:
    Archers aint that useless the system is a bit different from warband and archer has always been a heavy hour skill investment to do it properly people still seem to not be used to the current system. Aim itself aint to inaccurate either you just gotta give a bow more time to settle not draw and when the string is back instantly fire you have to wait a good second and it stabilizes

I don't even have to try hard to get in the top 5 with playing archer the aim is fine it's better then warband and more realistic in anyway which I actually prefer over the warband archery sheningans. Yes they get caught up easily but that's fine especially when you're playing heavy archer classes like palatine guard and fians.

MP aint too bad most of the weapons are fairly balanced it's just the same 5 maps over and over again with the same 3/4 factions that is killing it. Either taleworlds need to remake maps, put in current singleplayers maps that have slightly been revised for MP, custom servers and scrap multiplayer fully and bring it back to the warband system we know and love with the classes.
  15. Mikeera

Not enough archers playing skrim

Archers are niche in skirmish based games anyways in siege you see the lot of them but skirmish asks a different kind of skill lvl from archers a more open 1 v 1 archer enviorment not everyone can deal with. Which the people that play archers (bar a few) can't live up to the standards of what people need for skirmish.

I'm one of the few archers that openly challenge cavalry to come charge at me I have done so since warband but the skill involved in taking those shots is immense and not for everyone. And I still get my ass kicked 50% of the time by cav because I miss a skill shot. But for archers that don't know how to do this neither have time and patience will lose out on a cav v archer engagement.

Cav is the bane of archers existance go to every other game which involves archers and cav and see the archers always lose that engagement. Not being able to hear them like we could in warband also takes time to adept. Outside of competitive play you will rarely see them because of the high standards as an archer you need for a skirmish
Back
Top Bottom