Recent content by mightywolve

1. mightywolve

Custom Servers & Multiplayer Modding

The option Bannerlord - Dedicated server doesn't show up in my library. Even when filtering for Tools/Software?
  2. mightywolve

Mount and Hollywood: YouTube Channel

Hello!  For all the Mount & Blade fans out there! The footage in this video is from the movie Kingdom of Heaven (2005). It's a great movie and I highly recommend it to everyone out there. The sounds are, obviously, from Mount and Blade Warband. And dont forgot to like, comment and...
  3. mightywolve

Mount and Blade - Kingdom of Heaven edition

Hello!  For all the Mount & Blade fans out there! The footage in this video is from the movie Kingdom of Heaven (2005). It's a great movie and I highly recommend it to everyone out there. The sounds are, obviously, from Mount and Blade Warband. And dont forgot to rate, comment and...
  4. mightywolve

Kingdom of Heaven - Mount and Hollywood: YouTube Channel

StonewallJackson said:
    Love the game, Love the Movie! Fantastic job!
    Thanks mate!
  5. mightywolve

Blader99 said:
    Your money or your life  :grin: :grin: :grin:
    Stand and deliver  :cool:
  6. mightywolve

Dead or alive?

:ohdear:
  7. mightywolve

stevehoos said:
    I wouldn't recommend taking away anything from this movie for historical purposes. Great video though.
    True, the movie is still enjoyable though!
  8. mightywolve

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Yabloko said:
    Dual-wielding is realistic, as long as you are on the losing side.

The use of weapon combinations in each hand has been mentioned for close combat in western Europe during the Byzantine, Medieval, and Renaissance era. The use of a parrying dagger such as a main gauche along with a rapier is common in historical European martial arts. Traditional schools of Japanese martial arts include dual wield techniques, particularly a style conceived by Miyamoto Musashi involving the katana and wakizashi, two-sword kenjutsu techniques he called Niten Ichi-ryū. Eskrima, the traditional martial arts of the Philippines teaches Doble Baston techniques involving the basic use of a pair of rattan sticks and also Espada y daga or Sword/Stick and Dagger. Okinawan martial arts have a method that uses a pair of sai. Chinese martial arts involve the use of a pair of Butterfly swords and Hook swords. Gatka, a weapon-based martial art from the Punjab region, is known to use two sticks at a time. The Thailand weapon-based martial art Krabi Krabong involves the use of a separate Krabi in each hand.

It should be noted that all the above-mentioned examples, involve either one long and one short weapon, or two short weapons. An example of a dual wield of two sabres is the Ukrainian cossack dance hopak and the martial art that originated from that dance Combat Hopak.

Source: Tim Dawson PhD (7 September 2010). Byzantine Infantryman. Osprey Publishing. p. 48. ISBN 978-1-84603-105-2.
  9. mightywolve

Muzzle C said:
    This was certainly funny, well done.
    Thanks alot! If you have any suggestions, do tell!
  10. mightywolve

Hello! For all the Mount & Blade fans out there! The footage in this video is from the movie Kingdom of Heaven (2005). It's a great movie and I highly recommend it to everyone out there. The sounds are, obviously, from Mount and Blade Warband. And dont forgot to rate, comment and...
Back
Top Bottom