Recent content by MichaelJ

1. Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Dead Wanderers are absolutely still showing in the encyclopedia (fyi).
    Wasn't that always the case? Dead heroes will still be in the encyclopedia. Need to filter on Alive.
  2. In Progress Crash/lockup when exiting battle

A few more updates (which I also posted in the beta patch thread). The lockup occurs not just when exiting a battle, but can also happens when exiting the trade screen, exiting a town, etc. I did some more testing with the release and the beta branches while monitoring the temperature of my GPU, and I think I found a correlation.
    What I'm having problems with is my laptop (no issues on my desktop, btw). The laptop has a Nvidia Quadro M1200 as a GPU. Monitoring the temp with the release branch, and it remains in the low to mid 80s (82C - 86C). With the beta branch, the temp would rise rapidly above 90C, and that's when the lockup would happen.
    So I turned vsync on, and with the release branch, the temp stabilized around 82C. With the beta branch and vsync on, the temp would spike above 90C for a moment right after the game loaded, and then would fluctuate between 83C - 86C.
    So turning vsync on did allow me to use the beta branch on my laptop, but this issue did not exist prior to Friday's patch.
  3. Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

A little bit more information here. It's locking up not just exiting a battle, but also exiting the trade view, exiting a town.
    I was doing some monitoring of the GPU temperature, and playing on the release branch, the GPU (Nvidia M1200) settles in around 84C and holds there. On the beta branch, the temperature quickly ramps up above 90C, which is seemingly when the lockups are occurring.
    I'll keep testing, but it definitely seems like it's temperature related. Turning vsync on stablizes the temp when running the release branch at 82C. So far, with vsync on, the beta branch is holding in the lower 80s also (though it did spike to 90 sitting in the main menu). I'll keep playing the beta branch and see if vsync continues to help.
  4. Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Usually, the game would prompt you to upload after a crash - during this process it will also provide you with the ID that is associated with your upload.
    A little bit more information here. It's locking up not just exiting a battle, but also exiting the trade view, exiting a town.
    I was doing some monitoring of the GPU temperature, and playing on the release branch, the GPU (Nvidia M1200) settles in around 84C and holds there. On the beta branch, the temperature quickly ramps up above 90C, which is seemingly when the lockups are occurring.
  5. Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Usually, the game would prompt you to upload after a crash - during this process it will also provide you with the ID that is associated with your upload.
    Ah, that never happens. The screen says "Paused". The bottom bar is half displayed. And everything is locked up. I can't even alt-tab out of the game. I need to power off the computer.
  6. Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Did you get prompted to upload a dump? If so do you happen to have the ID? (If not, could you note it down the next time and share it?)
    I wasn't able to find any kind of dump or crash log. Can you point me to a possible location?
  7. Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Since Friday's patch, I've been expericing a pretty consistent crash/lockup. When exiting a battle, the computer will just freeze. The only option is to power down. I've created a ticket with the save file.

It's rough because the changes in the beta branch are pretty great. It's hard going back to the release branch.
  8. In Progress Crash/lockup when exiting battle

Summary: After the latest beta patch (Friday), pretty consistently the computer locks up when exiting a battle. Not every battle, but most. How to Reproduce: Enter battle, fight battle, exit battle Have you used cheats and if so which: no Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video)...
Back
Top Bottom