Recent content by mercury19

1. WRECKER: a tool for hassle-free WRECK integration!

No problem, glad you find it helpful  :grin:

Quick update, the import fixer was missing a couple module_ files and some header_ files need an extra import to be used in a subdirectory, so I added support for that.
  2. Module System Overhaul

Awesome! New WRECK version is up as well.
  3. Module System Overhaul

Autolykos said:
    @Mercury19: Are you ok with me putting a link to the WRECKed Module System in the OP?

Yeah, for sure!
  4. Module System Overhaul

imado552 said:
    mercury19 said:
    I'll get the new update WRECKed a bit later today
    can't wait for that !

It's all good to go, same link on the first page, whichever post I linked it on
  5. Module System Overhaul

@autokylos, no problem and oh thank god I was never going to figure that out  :razz:

Also if I may offer a suggestion, I feel that this osp would fit well with the concept your going for:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170996.0.html

It's the "Ethnic Troops" míni mod, jut changed up the face codes for basic troops a bit to make them less generic (and most importantly imo removed the whitewash from the Sarranids)

I'll get the new update WRECKed a bit later today
  6. Module System Overhaul

Blackburn99 said:
    Can I change Faction Relations at start, like making Constant wars, no diplomatic changes. Like in The Last Days mod, or no one is thinking about that ?

I'm afraid that's not an option, and I'm not sure it will be since it's just a bit too far from native. You can go ahead and ask your questions about that process, if you want to do it yourself, in the modding Q&A thread that's stickied above, that's the best place to find help around here.
  7. Module System Overhaul

Double post to report a bug:

It doesn't effect compilation or gameplay (I think) but WRECK found a couple of missing (try_end)'s in simple_triggers, at the trigger for "# Taking denars from player while resting in not owned centers". Just add the two (try_end) things at the end.

Also, the opening quest is bugged. After the merchant takes ou to his house, you can't start the normal convo. He tells you to surrender or die, and that's it. I'm looking for the source now, I'm not sure where it is though. Might be the way the constants for startup_merchant are set up.
  8. [concept/WIP?] OSP code-kit installer

produno said:
    I have never used mod merger so I could be wrong, but this sounds extremely similar.

Oh yeah, I guess it does. It's not though, trust me. I've used modmerger extensively. The primary difference is that modmerger somehow makes it so that when you compile your modsys, it reads all your plugin files too. My concept here actually physically inserts new code into the native source files.

Normally I'd say modmerger is the better option, but I've recently started using WRECK, which is a fantastic compiler but is not fully compatible with modmerger. My idea was originally intended to make installing WRECK plugins easier.

So I guess I'm offering an alternative to modmerger that does things a little differently, with the advantage of being compatible with WRECK.
  9. [concept/WIP?] OSP code-kit installer

Ok so I made this post earlier today: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325102.msg8668213.html#new And as I mention there, I had an idea but its way beyond the scope of my abilities/knowledge. However, in trying to execute that idea anyway, I had a new, simpler idea that would...
  10. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Glad I was able to help  :grin:
  11. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Fredrick said:
    In regards to text editing, it doesn't really matter as long as I can just get Morgh's editor to work.

What I meant by the template was that when you add a new item, you have to select a previous item as a template, and then you rename it and change the stats and it creates the new item. All handy dandy right?...

The problem is that it takes the mesh of the old item, and uses that instead of the mesh for the new item I wanted.

For example, I am trying to add a decorated tabard to the game. In Morgh's I select the old tabard for the template, and create a new item off of that. I then add a mesh and change it to the name of the mesh used for the new item. However, it does not allow me to delete the old mesh, so when I open the game, the decorated tabard shows up, but it looks exactly like the regular tabard item.

Does that help?

Ah, I see. Had to dig up my old copy of morgh's but I got it. Based on what you said, you added a new mesh to your item by pressing add. What that does is it gives the game two meshes to use, but the item only needs one. So the game chooses the first one, which is the template item. Instead of adding meshes, delete the one you added, then change the name of the native one to yours and hit update, then save your changes etc. As long as your mesh ahs a unique name that should do it.
  12. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Fredrick said:
    It partially worked... Now the item will show up in the shop if I add the item via morgh's editor. Unfortunately, it uses the texture of the template item instead.

If I do not use Morgh's to add the item to the game, then the item still will not show up in the tavern. Format shouldn't be a problem because I copied the item's code directly from the other mod...

thanks for your help mercury!

What do you mean by template item?

As for text file editing, I'm way out of practice for that so I can't advise you there, sorry.
  13. Warband Refined & Enhanced Compiler Kit (v1.0.0 @ Mar 01, 2015)

kalarhan said:
    operations are numeric, so what you have is a variable name without any quotes like str_store_party_name. A quick way to distinct them from strings is using a regex/find string that uses the quote too. You can simple escape the special character using a slash like \"

once your tool is ready for release you should create a new thread (like this one) on the Forge, and PM the moderators to move it to the tools section

Cheers

Turns out I was a bit off in my estimation of my progress, and how many exceptions to the rule there were. I was originally actually going to change all the quoted references to the WRECK style, but that turned out to be impossible due to special characters so I left them alone. I did end up finishing the tool though, it works perfectly for native (as far as I've tested), so I'm satisfied with that at least.

Which opens me up for my next idea...

Long story short, I want to see if there's a way to expand the WRECK injection system to work like modmerger.

I switched to the WRECK plugin system for the faster compiler, and its great, but the downside is that injections still require editing the source file, which means every time I install a plugin I have to do it again. Which is a lot because I have a tiny attention span and start new projects at least once a week. And I use a lot of plugins.

However, I'm a bit stumped. I figure that plugins are run through the same process as the module files, but I can't figure out how the compiler does it, or how mod merger does it for that matter. I've only done a little digging but I'm thinking this is way beyond "use google and ask questions to learn". Doesn't mean I won't try but I figured I'd ask if anyone who checks this thread would be willing to help?

I've set up a GitHub repository just in case anyone's interested: https://github.com/mercury19/A-study-in-modmerging
    If not, well, I'm studying comp sci in school so at least I'll be getting practice :razz:

EDIT: On the off chance that someone sees this, I've moved the idea to this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,361392.0.html
  14. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Fredrick said:
    Sorry to keep dragging up my item adding issues, but it seems there is one more obstacle in my path.

The items are added to the game, but they simply do not show up in shops anywhere I look. They will show up on troops if I give them the items but they won't appear in markets.

I have used morgh's editor and I have the merchandise option checked. I also set the abundance of the items to 100 just like all of the others to make sure it was just as common to find. I also have the code for the items in itemkinds1, with the correct number at the top of that text, it cannot be a major issue because the items are still showing up in game on soldiers... is there anything I have forgotten?  :ohdear:

PS: I would like to thank the people who answered my previous questions, I never formally thanked them and now I feel bad.  :cry:

Have you tried starting a new game? Either that or find a way to force reload the merchant inventories/wait a few days or week in game. I haven't added items in a while, but I think that could be the issue. Try starting a new game first.
  15. WRECKER: a tool for hassle-free WRECK integration!

First and foremost, this is a tool to be used with W.R.E.C.K. If you don't know what that is, you should definitely check it out here. In short, "W.R.E.C.K. is designed as replacement for the module system compiler provided by Taleworlds, providing drastically improved performance, enhanced...
Back
Top Bottom