Recent content by Maximum997

1. Patch Notes v1.0.2

So what was this 40mb update which stopped mods working?
    +

Making silent update with no announcement
    That break all mods
    And there is no way to revert this update
    Screen_Shot_2020-06-30_at_11.31.33_AM.png
  2. Shields are OP (combat balance)

and dense formations should be the cavalry counter (Make Vlandian Pikemen Great Again!),
    We have ranged meta and OP archers in the game. Pikes are completly useless in this game.

Shields need nerf, but only after archers nerfs
  3. Any Sturgia infantry army tips and tricks or mods?

If cavalry do get the accuracy improvements they need, then I think it will be very important to increase the number of pike infantry in the game, available from lower tiers than cavalry, to give them a proper counter once they become effective fighters.
    Pikes and spears are awful against cavalry in this game. Becouse they deal zero damage.

And best counter to cavalry is archers.
  4. Any Sturgia infantry army tips and tricks or mods?

Is there a mod that makes heavy cavalry actually kill by charging?
    Yes. It is RMB. Realistic battle mod.

Cav is really bad becouse they miss hits all the time.

Problem with cavalty as infantry army that you need 1 hour to catch and kill them.
  5. My Thoughts After 780 Hours of Playtime

I haven't played the recent patches to know where those wage perks land but I still think the cost of infantry to cavalry/HA needs to work better in their favor than what it is currently (being cavalry/HA too cheap).
    Wage cost doesnt matter becouse main limiting factor for player is party size preety much always. If it is not early game looter hunting of course.

About infantry - the main problem of infantry is their purpose. There are two - charge baits and arrow sponges. For that purpose you can have cheap replaceble t2 trash

In warband and PoP despite heavy cav domination infantry factions atleast was beasts in sieges. In bannerlord Sturgia looks like the worst faction in sieges.
  6. Smithing is so broken

True, but keep in mind, so many features/decisions from TW was tying all their systems together under the 'economy/world balance' umbrella.
    Smithing is not like that.
  7. Smithing is so broken

Depends on one's definition of 'critical'. Smithing was the primary way a huge number of players financed their kingdoms.
    If you cant get enough money - just use cheats, or mods to compensate
    You can still test the rest of the game.
  8. Why do you all hate this game?

This forum has been whining since launch. It's nothing new. Lots of the veterans, including myself wanted this game to be paradox level of depth with deep medieval rpg mechanics and battles.
    No, i dont. I just want this game to be better then warband in basic things. Moders will do the rest. And now It only looks better.
    I see the same issues that forced me to quit one year ago. They wasnt fixed in a year. Only at 1.8 i see some steps.
  9. Smithing is so broken

This beta version shouldn't have been released with such a big bug. It should've been caught before releasing to beta unless of course Taleworlds doesn't have any QA and that's what we're for. ?‍♂️
    True. But something like this can happen.But It is not critical bug. You can still test the rest of the game.
  10. Smithing is so broken

What I am saying is they really ought to urgently prioritize the fixing of this particular bug because it will LOSE them many beta testers.
    If "beta tester" will not play becouse of bugs then it is not a beta tester it is just impatient casual player.
    And it is not a game breaking. At all. Javeline spam was a simple abuse. I remember when it just didnt work at all and no one cared.
    We already understand that it was your favorite money income. If you cant get enough money - just use cheats, or mods to compensate
    Smithing was garbage anyway and i (and a tons more players) did it only with full unlock and infinit stamina mod.
  11. Smithing is so broken

Oh really ? I never realised that! Thank you so much!

I expect broken things... but if the bugs TW introduce are actually game-breaking for many people then I also expect them to be fixed within a normal time frame.

And I just don't trust TW to do that any more.

Which is what I was saying in my post.
    Again:
    In beta version of the game they can break whatewer they want and fix it as fast as they want. That is their playground, your playground is main patch.
  12. Smithing is so broken

The fact is that a normal company would realise they broke smithing with the last patch and say "Oh **** ! we just crippled the the main income source for tonnes of our players!" .. And they would push out a small but essential hotfix within 24 hours.

But this is Taleworlds.... so we will be lucky to get a fix within weeks... or even one month plus.
    If you dont like broken things like this - just dont accept betas in steam and play main patch. If you installed a beta version - you are not player any more, you are beta tester

Thats why there is a choise to play beta or main patch....
  13. Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Like, why would anyone marry a representative of a poorest clan on Calradia which has not a single fief left?
    bEoCoUsE iT iS LoVe
  14. Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

I think you're hoping for way too much.

In order to have an actual Wedding this is what would need to happen:

• Kingdoms would need to stop declaring war (so Towns don't flip)
    • Lords and Player all travel to a designated Town over several days (messing up where troops are located)
    • Then presumably stay there for a day or longer

That would completely break the game as is. Whole game conceptually would have to be overhauled to make actual Feasts/Marriages possible. Though that probably wouldn't be a bad thing, since this game is a Military Industrialist's dream i.e. kill each other, wait a bit, then kill each other some more!

Warband is like
    IZXNxtkO1OU.jpg
  15. Do you like the giant 1-2k armies? Or the conga line of other armies? I don't but I kill em all anyways!

yes but if they dont reinforce so quick you would be rolling over a kingdom in no time
    its a game, that should last generation
    It is easy solved by sieges.

1. We killed their ermy
    2. We besieged a casstle or two and lost a lot of man
    3. They have no army and we have no army, we should end a war.
Back
Top Bottom