Recent content by matlock14

1. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Hi Team,
    I'm trying to court this lady Asgerd, who belongs to the faction that owns Dublin. Problem is the faction lost Dublin and does not own a major town any more, so there is no more competitions and in feast etc, she will not appear.

I try to talk to her father to ask "forming alliance with your house" and our relation is now +100 but her father still says "need to know me a bit more".

So my question is what can I do to marry her.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: whoops, I reloaded the game and now he does allow me to meet her. So all is well.
  2. List of actions that increase reputation ?

CeltiberoCaesar said:
    Guys, I don't like this kind of discussions, please calm down.

matlock14, Kalarhan know perfectly what read every single message posted by every single user means, and, thankfully for me, he try to guide all of you in a way that we/they/I are able to answer all your questions as easy and fast as possible. A thread was created for this purpose so every """noob""" can come, read 1 single thread and decide if his doubt was already answered and post it if it wasn't. I'm sure there are better ways to manage all of this... but now is the easiest way to answer the questions and you, players, can save the 90% of the reading.

I wasn't happy because that person Kwbudirt came out calling me stupid. What Kalarhan did was basically backing Kwbudirt up. They both asked me to read the players guide, but I read all the players guides, please tell me where the hell in the players guide does it specify a list of actions I asked ?????
    You are doing the same thing by calling me "noob". But at least your answer made sense you didn't ask me to read the players guide.

Back to topic, I thought nobody knew the complete list., hence it is not a quick question to answer, hence I did not ask in the quick quesiton and answer thread.
    I thought everyone knows some action, but does not know a complete list, so it's a good thread to collate information on what everyone knows and learn what he does not know.
    kraggrim and Odins-Fury have given very good list of actions in this thread. And both of them acknowledged their lists are not complete.

Now even though I have yet to see the complete list, apparently you all disagree with me and consider this is a "noob" "stupid" or "quick" question. That is fine, you can disagree with me. I didn't appreciate it though, especially from mods/devs.

3. List of actions that increase reputation ?

kalarhan said:
    kwbudirt said:
    didn't need to post my stupid question.
    a "recruit" may benefit

the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. Also don't use forum rank as a measure of anything.

1) Read player's guides
    2) Read threads that are hot (the ones in the first couple pages of the forum)
    3) There is a Q&A thread around created by players. Good place for small questions
    4) Use search in the forum. Game is out for almost a year, so it is no surprise that are buried topics about most anything around
    5) Double posting is against forum rules (edit your last post instead of bumping a thread)

This post and similar ones you posted recently are just getting silly.

First I read all of that before I posted. Actually I didn't read all, but most of them, which brings my second point.

Second, it's crazy that you are expecting every player or any player to read ALL of that.  I read most of them because I like reading strategy guides, but not everyone does.

Third, some questions are well answered. For example, how starting choices affect stats, there is complete information on that, no need to ask any questions. However, my question: a list of actions that affect repution is NOT well answered anywhere at this moment.  Did you know "incrimate commander then fail quest" gives you  3 reputation ?  Even if you know, how many people do you expect to actually know it ?  But this was answered in this very thread.

This game may be out for a while, but this is not your mainstream popular game where everyhting is studied in details. For example, in a game like Diablo, every effect of every skill point, every parameter that is in the game is published. In VC, how many people know what's the difference between 3 persuation skills and 4 persuation skills?  Is it worth my skill point to increase that ? 

In VC some information is simply lacking, do not act like it's all out there, peopel are just too stupid to find them.
  4. List of actions that increase reputation ?

kwbudirt said:
    I've searched the internet and found very little specifics.

Can you please tell me which title indicates there are information on a list of reputation tasks ?
    Is it largest stable party or is it how to make money ?

Pshaw! What sort of doggerel is this?
    No. because in my less than competent internet searches, I merely search the Taleworlds forum Viking Conquest Board using the search term: <reputation> which pulled 5 pages of posts. I read them and thus didn't need to post my stupid question.
    So, why did I suggest reading the players guides..? Perhaps, and I'm just spit-balling here that a "recruit" may benefit from a better understanding of the game but I may be wrong.

You sir have helped nothing, zero, only thing you did was to be extremely rude and waste everyone's time.
    If you don't have anything useful to say, you need to shut your mouth.

You first said read players guide so I asked you a simple question: where do I look in the players guide.
    You simply cannot answer my question and went on babbling about google search.
    I can search google and find 100 pages on just about everything, but it doesn't mean they will be helpful.
  5. List of actions that increase reputation ?

Odins-Fury said:
    Killing bandits that infest villages then refusing the reward, freeing lords from captivity, letting lords go after you have defeated them in battle, refusing the money from a lord after tracking down a fugitive and killing him quest, and many different random events that pop up especially when you own feifs some of the choices that you can make will net you some reputation though they usually require spending some money. Oh and also conquering a town or castle and choosing the option to not plunder it. There are others also but that's all I can think of for the moment

Thanks. So far the most reliable way fo me is fighting other lords and pick the option "not take loot and bury the dead".  This gives a surefire +1 rep and possibly +3 more if the lord is captured.

I tried checking every village for bandits and checking lords for the right quest, it became too much of a grind I had to give up.
  6. List of actions that increase reputation ?

kwbudirt said:
    I've searched the internet and found very little specifics.
    Read Player Guides thread.

Can you please tell me which title indicates there are information on a list of reputation tasks ?
    Is it largest stable party or is it how to make money ?

--> A Beginners tactical guide to Viking Conquest (Aethelflaed)

--> New Player Strategy (Story Mode) (landy77)

--> Largest Stable Companion parties chart please?

--> Atli's cave: difficult to get through. Players suggestions.

--> How to make money? . Players suggestions.

--> Listing all Unique Items (Kamos)

--> Viking Conquest: Starting choices effects on stats (Fanest)

--> How to use formations?

--> Viking Conquest Trade Tips and game tips!

--> Viking Conquest Ship Stats Guide!

--> Making lots of money method!

--> How to come up with an authentic name for your character

--> Starting VC. Any tips for Viking Conquest?
  7. I need hints

Erling01 said:
    I'm just playing for days and the progress is super slow. Do anyone have some hints that can nake my progress faster?

What progress do you want ?
    Money ? Renown ? Number of troops ?
  8. List of actions that increase reputation ?

kraggrim said:
    No, TweakMB is only partially compatible with VC so there's much more.  TBH as long as you generally try to play as a good person (yeah I know this is subjective but whatever) then you generally accumulate honour at a steady rate. 

Don't build slave-markets in your fiefs, and remove any that are there when you capture them, that's the important one that I remember. Also don't steal equipment from captured lords/kings, that's like -25 honour.

Thanks. Just trying to get some relatively easy and reliable reputation, to complete goals and once I have a kingdom hopefully not everyone hates me.

I mean it is not very common a village is infested with bandits and not every task is a "find a murderer" task. This is providing that I check EVERY village and EVERY lord for tasks in the first place.

It will be a grind even if I know how to get reputation.  Randomly wondering around and try to get lucky on reputation is just not working for me.

9. List of actions that increase reputation ?

kraggrim said:
    TweakMB can show some of the rep consequences:
    hxI1A.jpg

That's awesome. Exactly what I was asking for.

Is this more or less the complete list ?
  10. List of actions that increase reputation ?

Hi team, just wondering if you could share what actions can increase reputation, seeing all the new goals require lots of reputation. I've searched the internet and found very little specifics. The only thing I know is donate to the Christian Bishop if I'm a Christian.
  11. anyone captured a town by siege?

kalarhan said:
    matlock14 said:
    I tried it, it's a waste of time really.
    Even after all their food is used up they don't automatically surrender.

they will surrender after about 10 days of starvation, you just didn't wait long enough  :wink:

they will try to attack you (sally out) to break the siege, so be ready to fight!

Ha. Thanks for the information. Good to know.
  12. anyone captured a town by siege?

I tried it, it's a waste of time really.
    Even after all their food is used up they don't automatically surrender.

Typically it will be a big garrison, otherwise you would have assaulted in the first place.
    With a big garrison, even after they have no food, They can hold on for a very long time.
    They will also sally out and because you cannot kill them all, the injured will be healed and this goes on forever.
    Worse, during this time, all the nice prisons which will join us will starve as well, Watching 50 Danish Elite Vikings prisons in the town all died is not nice.

The only good thing is, even if you abondon siege and come back quickly, their food stock doesn't recharge instantly. So you can leave a little bit to raid nearby villages or attack traders to replenish your food.

There is also a bug / cheese, I set the troop size to maximum, e.g. 750, in hope that everyone will sally out and I can kill them in one battle. However, either the game, or my graphics cannot handle it, and only a few came out and at the end of the easy battle, I took the town !  Try it and see if it works for you.

13. How do i get a Adventuring companion back in my party?

camungus said:
    every companion that i didn't employ became an adventurer in no more then 5 days and on top of this any companion i asked to leave became one in the same amount of time, i don't think it is a small chance it's more of a definite

same here. 100% of them became adventurers.
    This also renders the mead hall travellers 'where is my companions' option useless, because all of them are gone now.

To be honest this is a major problem. Companions are meant to be companions and to provide some RPG fun giving them equipment and skills. There are so many lords on the map, it's pointless to have more and it's very frustrating that they are impossible to come back.

Moreover, these companions don't fight well on their own, I have the message 'Egil is defeated and managed to escape' in bright font every couple of days and that in itself is very annoying.
  14. Companion likes/dislikes in Reforged

Lohi-soturi said:
    matlock14 said:
    Thanks Kalarhan.

The relation matrix seems to be still correct. Because after I kicked out Egil, same thing happened again !

I added Donnchadh and Morgant. Donnchadh likes Morgant, doesn't like Dwywei. Second dislike is Ceawlin, who is not in the party.
    However the one dislike is enough to keep dropping Donnchadh's morale !!!
    I had to remove Dwywei now to keep Donnchadh happy.

It is not enough to ensure that every person has either no disliked persons or a friend and at most one dislike. AFAIK being disliked herself is just as damaging to a person's morale as actively disliking someone (even though they are not complaining themselves!), so if you want a strictly stable party you have to make sure that every person is neither disliking anyone in the party or being disliked by anyone in turn.

If you are willing to accept a compensated (by friend) dislike you can allow maximum of one dislike for each person OR one person who dislikes her (not both, unless the dislike is reciprocal) for any such person who has an another person that she actively likes in the party. This is however not as robust to morale shocks as the strictly stable party given above.

This is pretty complicated business, so this is the reason I posted the largest stable groups in the above thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323922.msg7922114.html#msg7922114

Thanks sir. That clears up everything.
  15. Largest Stable Companion parties chart please?

Lohi-soturi said:
    We obviously have a different definition of stable. Here is mine:

a stable party is group where all members either

[list type=decimal]

[*]have no unwelcome persons in the group, or

[*]have at most one unwelcome person  in the group while also having a person that they like
    [/list]
    where unwelcome means any person who is either disliked by or who dislikes the member in question.

Any party that is not stable is called unstable. A strictly stable party is a stable party whose all members have no one they dislike in the group (equal to condition 1 of stable party).

This system stems from the Brytenwalda mod, where it was noticed that being only disliked by other person (but not disliking that person back) had the same effect on person's morale as disliking the other person herself. So although dislikes might be asymmetrical they still have the same effect as normal warbands symmetrical dislikes, hence the definition of unwelcome above. Since nobody has verified whether likes are also in practice symmetrical, they were only counted when explicitly declared (i.e. only one way).

In your first party both Clovis and Solveig dislike Egil.
    In your second party both Bodo and Morgant dislike Solveig.

Thanks for the clarifications Sir.
    I simply thought one like cancels the dislike. so they cannot be disliked either.
    The party you listed are the only ones that's stable, I think my experience in RE agreed with that.
Back
Top Bottom