Recent content by MartinF

1. MartinF

Long term use of regs?

exaclty... as long as the temp troops/items/parties are not in any of the native loops (something_begin, something_end) their native slots would never be used or set so it wouldn't matter which slot nrs you use. From a good coding point of view it might still be a good idea to declare the slots...
  2. MartinF

OSP Code Combat Spear Bracing Kit (Updated)

it would be possible to code AI for the horses not wanting to run into the spear wall, just iterate over the agents, see if they are close to the wall and then script their behavior to move away from it. You could do this based on horse type, as trained warhorses would be more willing to charge...
  3. MartinF

New Jousting (just need animation!)

it's frustrating that nobody has still been able to work out how to make the horseback animations work. Strange thing is that you would think they are separate animations, since the body position is different to when you're standing upright but if that were true they'd be relatively easy to...
  4. MartinF

Few Noob questions

Maverick, can you also post your code that is giving those errors? Not the whole files but just the lines that it is giving the errors for. Two of them seem to be simple syntax errors, so probably just a comma left out or something, but the other one is interesting, I've never seen that before.
  5. MartinF

Hi, One question.

it might be possible by duplicating an existing entry and then changing the mesh id in the txt file to correlate with your new mesh if you open item_kinds.txt you'll see: itm_horse_meat Horse_Meat Horse_Meat 1  raw_meat 0  34078731 0 12 0 40.000000 100 30 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 40 0 0 so...
  6. MartinF

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

If you want to learn more about using Wings3D you should check out Highelfs' video tutorials in the stickies on the main page, they are quite good and will teach you how to add more vertices and manipulate them.
  7. MartinF

Long term use of regs?

I think that was also what Twan meant, jik. And I think that would still be the best option as long as we can't directly use arrays for data storage. Although using a hundred global vars is not necessarily as bad as it would seem as their memory footprint is very small.
  8. MartinF

Desert Islands, Gorillas, Lizardmen and other OSP ideas, models and textures

judging by the stuff you make you quite like the mushrooms yourself hehehe but great work! way to think outside the box with the birds and insects
  9. MartinF

What will return to a script

yeah, see my response in the thread for the invisible agent thing, should be just near this one as I just responded to it again. You could make a list of slots in module_constants to use only with a temp party/item/troop and then store your data to that. Would be cleaner and easier for coding...
  10. MartinF

Agents control questions

uhm.. why would the temporary party not be avialable in a mission? you can read/write slots to troops and parties from a mission template, I'm pretty sure. Same way you can scan inventory on a troop, even though the troop is not in the mission, you're identifying what type of troop an agent is...
  11. MartinF

OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

In my experience MNB doesn't use floats or doubles.. so 0.1 would be difficult, but you could use 100 and 10
  12. MartinF

Is there way to check for mounted agents? Is there a 'no loot' flag?

how about just generally using the agent_get_horse operation? If that returns 0, there's no horse. Or at least I'm guessing that would be the case. You could test that quite easily by display_messaging the outcome of agent_get_horse Alternatively you could check the inventory for the horse but...
  13. MartinF

Free Camera after Death

haha naturally gifted.. yeah.. I only spent a couple hundred hours trying to figure it all out ;) It's strange that you're getting the m/n message.. make sure you corrected the victory condition to comment out the (neg|main_hero_fallen) because otherwise it won't trigger. Basically all my...
  14. MartinF

Agents control questions

you could have an invisible agent, technically, but you'd have to actually make an invisible troop which doesn't show up and you should also not forget to remove it since the game will still see it. But you don't have to use an agent just because you're in a mission. You can still use a...
  15. MartinF

"Script can fail" error?

yeah kt0 already explained it. Basically envision this. You're writing a script that has to return something to reg0 but in the root of that script (so not in a try_begin/try_end) you have a condition, like let's say (eq, ":my_var", 1), If :my_var isn't 1, then the whole script fails and...