Recent content by Mars_Mullo

1. Mars_Mullo

Joining a kingdom as a vassal and influence - is this normal?

I think it's supposed to simulate the way business works in the USA. The only way to go forward is to lawyer up and change laws by lobbying some corrupt lords. ☺
  2. Mars_Mullo

Lets talk snowballing and campaign combat AI.

If only lords could own villages like in Warband.... this might not happen. the snowball effect that is.
    Sigh
  3. Mars_Mullo

SP - General Shieldwall: mixed Inf. with & without Shields

the formations are poorly implemented atm.
    Even the "Formations mod" that we've used in every single mod for Warband did a better job... The units would behave appropriately for their formation, use appropriate weapons, and position themselves in the appropriate line. Two of the mods that made the best use of this were Brytenwalda (which includes Viking Conquest, for they've made VC too), and one other which I cannot recall the name. Anyway, when done properly, formations can basically win or lose a battle for you, no matter the unit quality, but the correct timing for using formations, giving orders, and how to move the unit. I think that BL has a handicapped formation system due to the AI being incompetent at dealing with it, so to make a virtual difficulty they've opted to keep it broken so the AI has a chance against the player.
    Totally agree.
    I use the V section called skirmishers for my no shield soldiers.. but I have to reset it every game session for some reason.?
    I can't understand why my section setting keep reverting to vanilla.
  4. Mars_Mullo

SP - General Buffing Sturgia - introduce deadlier winters with food shortages & starvation risk.

The Sturgeon speed bonus helps you to catch bandits in the snow.
    Isn't that enough?
  5. Mars_Mullo

SP - General Historical Solution To Khuzait Snowballing

What is Khuzait Snowballing?
    I haven't seen anything in the northern wastes yet.
  6. Mars_Mullo

SP - General Current Issues:

What a stupid title.
    I would like this thread title improved. .. or you could read the posting rules.
  7. Mars_Mullo

SP - General Bring Back the System Messages Log, please.

++1 Need it because the messages dissappear too fast.

Like the skill addition messages in the smithy.
  8. Mars_Mullo

Is it me or does it take forever to block? Seem to be way worse at manually blocking than Warband

It is block delay... and weapon speed modifiers.

Proof... try blocking with a spear.

Also when your skill level is sub 20 you just plain suck.

To encourage a long game you have to gain EXPERIENCE by doing.

Only then will you notice it is better.

Warband was the same.

I'm begining to see the same issues from warband showing up alot now. E.g auto resolve battle always kills off your best troops. Wwf?
  9. Mars_Mullo

SP - UI Ability to change equipment during sieges

Or you could just get your act together and think about it before you seige?
    I even change my sections around before a seige too. Split my crossbows into a separate group and let them clear the walls before going up ladders.
    In warband you had no baggage chest in seiges... only in field battles. But improving something is great... just not making it arcade easy.
  10. Mars_Mullo

SP - UI "Challenging" combat AI should come before "Veteran"

If you call it challenging... no one will want to play it. It is much like hardcore mode in other games.. there no fun.
    We would be better to call them after firmness... soft medium hard. That way the goldilocks can choose thier chair.
Back
Top Bottom