Recent content by Marek15

1. How do I kill myself?

Corporal punishment has a chance to kill your character.
    Increase your criminal rating with a kingdom you are not part of until it is over 30 and then try to enter one of their towns. Then select to speak with the guards and select corporal punishment to pay for your crime. Repeat until dead.
    Edit: oh, and the easiest way of gaining criminal rating without causing a war is to extort villagers, but never fight them.
  2. NPC too weak, up level too slow, skill point max capped

NPCs need a combat xp multiplier which is very easy to implement. I even made a personal mod that does just that.
    From my own testing i found that a 10x multiplier works best for melee weapons and 5x for ranged.
    Also a 5x multiplier works best for simulated (auto resolve) battles since NPCs score more kills in simulated battles than real ones.
  3. BL Coding XP gain rate in arena

You are free to upload it if you wish.
    And you do not have to bother with giving me credits.
  4. BL Coding XP gain rate in arena

Strange, it builds just fine on my end. Even copy pasted the code from your post.
    Guessing there must be some configuration that is causing the issue. Best advice i can give is to explore the settings and maybe you will stumble on cause of this error.

Or you could upload the entire project folder and then i could take a closer look at it.
  5. BL Coding XP gain rate in arena

Since your goal is to just alter the xp values, i would recommend using the transpiler to snipe the specific values you want to change.
    Link to transpiler documentation.

In your case it should look like this:
    C#:
        [HarmonyPatch(typeof(DefaultCombatXpModel))]
        [HarmonyPatch("GetXpFromHit")]
        public static class ArenaXPOverride
        {
            static IEnumerable<CodeInstruction> Transpiler(IEnumerable<CodeInstruction> instructions)
            {
                var codes = new List<CodeInstruction>(instructions);
                int num = 0;
                for (var i = 0; i < codes.Count; i++)
                {
                    if (num == 0 && codes[i].opcode == OpCodes.Ldc_R4 && (float)codes[i].operand == 0.9f)
                    {
                        codes[i].operand = 1f;
                        num++;
                        i++;
                    }
                    if (num == 1 && codes[i].opcode == OpCodes.Ldc_R4 && (float)codes[i].operand == 0.33f)
                    {
                        codes[i].operand = 1f;
                        num++;
                        i++;
                    }
                    if (num == 2 && codes[i].opcode == OpCodes.Ldc_R4 && (float)codes[i].operand == 0.0625f)
                    {
                        codes[i].operand = 1f;
                        break;
                    }
                }
                return codes.AsEnumerable();
            }
        }
    Hope this helps.
  6. BL Coding XP gain rate in arena

The proper way of modding is by patching existing code on runtime using harmony.
    I suggest looking around the forums for documentation and tutorials on the subject.
    If that fails you can always peek at working code from another mod to figure out how to use harmony. My mod "Leveling Rebalance" has the source code included with the mod, so feel free to use that as an example.
    Edit: And you also need a C# decompiler such as dotPeek or ILSpy to look at the game's code.
  7. BL Coding XP gain rate in arena

DefaultCombatXpModel in TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.DLL.
    Though i'm pretty sure a mod already exists that increases xp gain in the arena.
  8. why we don't?

It's just that the chances of death are low. 2% for each character if I remember correctly.
    The player character can never die in battle. Here is a snippet from the method "GetSurvivalChance" inside DefaultPartyHealingModel.cs:
    Code:
          if (damageType == DamageTypes.Blunt || character.IsPlayerCharacter || character.IsHero && !character.HeroObject.CanDie())
            return 1f;
    For those who do not understand C#:
    If the character has been downed with bunt damage, then the survival chance is 100%.
    Or if the character is the player character, then the survival chance is 100%.
    Or if the character is a hero (companions, lords etc) and does not have the CanDie flag, then the survival chance is 100%.
  9. Game not starting

What are your pc's specs?
    The only things i can think of that could cause the crashes are:
    1. Not enough memory.
    2. If your cpu has a integrated gpu, it could end up being used instead of your dedicated gpu.
    3. Out of date gpu drivers.
  10. Need More Info Hit directions are random

Reviving an old thread since the issue still exits when using the mouse to control the attack/block direction.

The issue is not directly caused by the game itself, but rather due to the natural jitteriness of human movement.
    This becomes especially apparent and problematic when using a high sensitivity mouse or if a person suffers from motor control problems (injury, disability etc).

Best way to solve this is by implementing these two features:
    1. Using a rolling average of the mouse movement over the last # of milliseconds to select the attack/block direction.
    2. Adding a minimum mouse movement threshold for the attack/block direction to be chosen.

Both of these can have adjustable parameters in the options so the player can set them to fit their personal preference.
    This should greatly reduce or eliminate the odds of the wrong direction being selected.
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

****ing good. Leave it like that. It can join the half-empty lifeboat of actually interesting perks instead of the endless embiggening of already bigass numbers.
    I fail to understand your point.
    Do you think being able to escape from any unwinnable battle by sacrificing only 1 single unit is good game design? Because that is the case right now.
  12. Axe bonus vs shields?

Yep, any weapon with the damaged shield icon.
  13. Axe bonus vs shields?

Peeked into the code: it is double the damage.
  14. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

Fixed a bug that caused the Tactics skill to increase the number of sacrificed troops when trying to get away, or when breaking in and breaking out. (Also in e1.6.2 hotfix.)
    And now having tactics over 200 decreases the number of sacrificed troops by 100%.
    In the bug report i gave a fix for the broken math. But this was skipped over.
  15. In Progress Number of sacrificed troops incorrectly affected by tactics skill.

The recent hotfix (28/09) did not fully solve the issue.
    While the number of sacrificed troops does decrease with higher skill, because of bad math it reduces the number by 100% when the tactics skill is above 200.
    Code:
    //GetNumberOfTroopsSacrificedForTryingToGetAway

//This math is bad
          ExplainedNumber stat2 = new ExplainedNumber((float) Math.Max(((double) ofRegularMembers * Math.Pow((double) Math.Min(val1, 3f), 1.3) * 0.1 / (2.0 / (2.0 + ((double) stat1.ResultNumber - 1.0) * 10.0)) + 5.0).Round(), 1), false, (TextObject) null);

//Replace with this
          ExplainedNumber stat2 = new ExplainedNumber((float) Math.Max(((double) ofRegularMembers * Math.Pow((double) Math.Min(val1, 3f), 1.3) * 0.1 * (double) stat1.ResultNumber + 5.0).Round(), 1), false, (TextObject) null);
Top Bottom