Recent content by Maneuverer

1. Maneuverer

Do you think smithing skill should be removed?

Im fine with smithing altought I dont believe it should have its place among other importat skills. The crafting system is fine but the overall mechanic is boring and noninitiative. It all comes down to getting a "Smith" companion and waiting for smithing stamina to be restored. It feels so artifical.
  2. Maneuverer

How does one upgrade to clan tier 1 fast?

Tournaments. You get 3 renown per a tournament win.
    You can also do quests and kill looters while traveling in between villages/cities to complete them.
  3. Maneuverer

On Rebellions

It would make sense the clan to dissolve and become a subject of voting should the rebelling clan join its starting faction for the nobles to aquire the fief like we already have in the game when a faction conquers/obtrains one.

Or there could be a possibility that the settlement would declare itself as a fief of its original owner (a noble who owned the settlement at the start of the campaign) if the lord's realationship would be in favour with the settlement notables.
  4. Maneuverer

Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

Yes it is intentional (though it's a terrible idea), but NO WTF it doesn't resemble in any way any actual country. Don't know what universe you speak of, but in the real world we aren't constantly walled in by impassable terrain.

No it isn't but the scale of the BL's world is much smaller compared to the real one. I am not saying it's perfect but the current desidgn definitely makes more sense and is more interesting.
  5. Maneuverer

The problem is how the entire map is made of tiny bubbles (lone settlement or city/castle + additionnal village) separated by chokepoints, with bigger bubbles (countries) encapsulated in a bigger bubble with even less chokepoints. Gives a claustrophobic feeling to the entire map and make moving around a pain, which leads to :

That was an intention and tbf this resembles more how actual counrty looks like and how it was traversed (but still pretty far from it). If castles had an actual use along with the paths it would definitely make more sense to you since in reality fortresses were built for protecting what you call bubbles (valleys) or mountain passes. Also it is the one of the few things now stopping factions to sieze city in after 6 in-game days after declaring a war.
  6. Maneuverer

Troop aesthetics after the armor rework

I love your profile pic bro.

OSRS gang!
  7. Maneuverer

E1.54 Soldiers become old men

Legend says your player character absorbed their youth so he/she could start the campaing 8 years younger than before.
  8. Maneuverer

Idc the map is geographicaly different I just dont like the layout. From looking at the map you can see that TW's clear intention was to make every faction face another 3-4 factions and that is also fine be me if that'd work in practice.

The main issue I have i Sturgia being absolutely devasted becouse of it's sizing and length. Aserai don't have this problem with similiar layout becouse of the limited access points to their lands. I am afraid they TW will not update the map and rather spend months trying to "balance" this out by nerfing everything to oblivion and randomly swaping armor pieces in the troop trees.
  9. Maneuverer

Please add training field in town's arena

Yeah, training your troops or any other viable method of training is missing from the game. A whole lot more than those bloody feasts everyone keeps brining up imo.

Unlike like in warband there is no trainer skill but the amount of xp from these trainings could be calculated based on your melle/ranged and leadership skills.

This feature could complement to the wanted camp most people here would love to see in the game.
  10. Maneuverer

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

I've noticed changes to the Sturgian troop tree (there might be changes to others too) and their armors. From what I understand you did so in order to balance the armor tiers and stats but I can't help myself but the changes to to "aestetics" of the troop gear now look kind of out of place. For example the Sturgian druizhnik:

11. Maneuverer

Devblog ''Soon'' Perks

If you don´t like someones opinion, that´s fine. But at least have the decency to respect it. When you like the perk system, good for you, cause they won´t change it. And maybe try to differentiate between someone stating out his opinion and someone who just down talking something for no or false reasons. Might save you a lot of trouble.And for the criticism, this actually helps the devs to improve the game. Since this game is still in development they can improve it. Better now and listen to some critics then hear it later in some reviews, knowing you can´t change it.

Criticism does help to improve the game and just as most people here I expected the game development to go faster too. Just as most of people here I don't believe TW will finish the game in the time span they've promised. If they still release the game it will be unfinished product not worth the money. There was no statement from TW regarding that, true. But...

What I am trying to imply is people are bringing the same stuff to the table table (few individuals even daily) despite TW has already commented (or implemented, just not as fast some individuals would want it to be) on how they are going to address these issues in future. Mocking the devs with every patch note isn't going to improve the game.
  12. Maneuverer

Devblog ''Soon'' Perks

Moders fixed everything in 2 days w u no working TW?
    Where is the patch TW!?
    Oh here it comes but there only bugfixes this should had been done months ago, go to hell TW!
    Moding moding, moding toooools so moders can finaly fix you blody game!
    W dis game isnt warband 2?
    TW no talk to us...
    TW talk to us but we not like it reeeeee!

Another "lets **** on the devs" type of thread.

Seriously I understand your criticism but every time I read this forum I see the same people complaining about the same s**t like you expect it being fixed overnight. Refund the game already with your 100s hours of played time.
  13. Maneuverer

How to make castles matter

I made a post adressing this issue several months ago:

A lot of problems discussed (mostly diplomacy) in the post have already been solved or improved. Yet the castles still remain an issue. They should at least be prioritely targeted by AI like mentioned by others here. I hope the (not so) recent addition of paths on the world map will be eventually extended with an actual use which could be giving the castles a purpose - guarding those paths and and being hiding spot for caravans.
  14. Maneuverer

A technical question about Bannerlord scaling and CPU cores - what is the best core count vs clockspeed? Is it possible to ask the devs directly?

Official specs cut from Steam game page:

Recommended:
    Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K / AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon™ RX 580
    Storage: 60 GB available space
    Additional Notes: These estimates may change during final release.

I have pretty similiar setup. Ryzen 5 1600 and GeForce 1060 6gb. The game runs fine in full settings BUT... The body count is relatively low-medium and number of troops in battles is around medium size. There is no quality meassure for these two I just personaly think if I could leave the body count to unlimited and increase the army sizes the battles would feel 100% immersive.

This might be something that cpu count might improve upon but I don't know. When I built my PC 3 yeasrs ago I had in mind I want to be able to run Bannerlord if it ever comes out (and it did!), right now I want to squeeze more out of the game. Like @CrazyElf said the general rule is a bit more complex but it does work in my case since Im a casual player se the question remains. Buying better CPU or GPU.
Back
Top Bottom