Recent content by Malik Faris

1. Malik Faris

SP Native Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement [1.166]

I too once looked for a "better way" but really, I just wasted time that I could have spent just finishing copying and pasting. I also didn't start out with 80 new companions, started just 1, then 6 more, than 7 more, than another 10-12, repeat that a few times, and i ended up with 78. I wanted...
  2. Malik Faris

yes, I did it all by hand. But I use Notepad++ it helps alot to keep things lined up and readable. I also have good repetive motion skills, and it's easy enough to get into the mindset of "do x, than x, repeat"
  3. Malik Faris

SP Tutorial Module System Make your own Companions

You mean a mod you downloaded that already works? no.
  4. Malik Faris

The guild masters are actually pretty easy to find once you know how towns are laid out.
  5. Malik Faris

SP Tutorial Module System Make your own Companions

In module_scripts.py, search for "trp_npc1" It's at the bottom of his section.
  6. Malik Faris

About recruiting troops from the Tavernkeeper

Derp my bad, I actually did pull it from Dialog, but I wrote where I THOUGHT it was first and didn't correct it. Yeah, and the tavern keeper recruit code could use a bit of cleaning, I've just been lazy and haven't gotten to it, it shouldn't be that difficult, you just have to add more...
  7. Malik Faris

Hurray, updated the first post with the new characters, and now everyone has their pictures! Check it out: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=129012.msg3109408#msg3109408
  8. Malik Faris

Dude, no. Just no. You're welcome to go do your own thing. Or a find a mod with "magic" in it.
  9. Malik Faris

About recruiting troops from the Tavernkeeper

If you want to recruit from tavern keepers, just paste this at the end of module_dialogs After:   (str_store_party_name, s4, ":wealthiest_center"),     ], "In terms of attacks on travellers, the town of {s4} is believed to be the most dangerous. Here in {s5}, we are less afflicted by bandits...
  10. Malik Faris

If you really want to get into modding go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html There are lots of tutorials to show you how things are done, and to save you the work most of the time with code ready to go. It's easier than you think.
  11. Malik Faris

That's the way it always was, you'd have to ask Taleworlds for the exact specifics. The reason "regulars" i.e. troops have 3x the exp is because their EXP is earned for the whole stack of units of the same type, i.e. all 20 swadian recruits. So they need more exp to level up. Again only...
  12. Malik Faris

Problem with excessive indictments & renunciations OSP Special Merchant

Yeah, somewhere in here might be some clues:   # script_refresh_center_inventories   ("refresh_center_inventories",   [      (set_merchandise_modifier_quality,150),     (reset_item_probabilities,100),         # Add trade goods to merchant inventories    ...
  13. Malik Faris

troops dont appear when talking to them via party window

Do you have Edit Mode turned on? it will enable debug messages that will help find out the cause. You can also try turning on CheatMenu as well and talk to a companion than go check Recent Messages and see if there's any errors there. Is your compiler giving any errors?
  14. Malik Faris

Problem with excessive indictments & renunciations OSP Special Merchant

Couldn't you just kinda clone the way book merchants work in WB? # Tavern traveler.   ["tavern_bookseller_1","Book_Merchant","Book_Merchant",tf_hero|tf_is_merchant|tf_randomize_face, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_fur_coat,itm_hide_boots,               itm_book_tactics, itm_book_persuasion...