Recent content by MainTango

1. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops rework perk order and remove learning limit

Your mod is wonderful. Would consider making it adjustable to 0.1 or 0.5?
  2. Leveling melee combat skills - Family members

If you're on PC, you can use the rts camera mod and play as a family member/companion during a battle. This way I was able to boost some of their skills like vigor skills and athletics.
  3. Can you please enable removal of Order of Battle and set teams with numbers like it was before?

Order of battle isn't even working properly. I don't remember for how long it's been in the game but neither does it remember which formation companions belong to, nor does it seem capable of reliably seperating horse archers from melee cav. Forget about adjusting anything when joining an ongoing battle. Removing grouping from the party screen means that going to battle is a requirement for sorting out your troops.
    Lots of people seem to hate it, myself included. It's a change nobody asked for and they've replaced a working and straightforward system with an undercooked one with less functionality.

I don't get it. Companies pay money to get feedback from their customers about their product. Yet here's Taleworlds, getting free feedback from an active forum and they choose to ignore it. Why are they so unplugged from the way people play and enjoy their game?
  4. The Long Glaive

I'm on 1.2.3 and bought it in a Khuzait town.
  5. A more fun way to gather Companions

If the companion had either set stats like in Warband or were very low level so we could build them the way we wanted then I would say great. My problem with companions in this game is there so poorly integrated into the game and so poorly specked out that they're barely worth having.
    Most Warband companions you knew what you were getting and they were low enough that you really had diversity on how you could build them. One final thought is Taleworlds needs to either make companions immortal (except for old age) or make leveling them much faster because outside of a few combat skills they're painfully slow to level.
    We have a campaign option to make them immortal as in they can't die in battle. With the amount of time it takes to level them up, I find handing their probability to survive a battle to RNG and this inept AI is an utterly insane proposition, so I always play without companion deaths.
  6. [1.2.x] Please revisit tournament prize brackets and item pools

Imho tournament prizes in all M&B games have been :poop: and it's one of the reasons it's not worth doing them after you get to a certain point, even the xp you gain in tournaments is nerfed into the ground. There's just no reason to do them except early on to get some gear or a bit of money. Like most features in this game they're poorly thought out and poorly integrated into the game.
    They are my only source of the above mentioned horses. You also get 9 renown per won tournament with some perks and without the need for an army. Sure, eventually you won't focus on them too much. I feel like overhauling the prize pool is an easy fix, unlike so many of the other flaws this game has. I agree that this is another episode of half-assery and placeholders.
  7. [1.2.x] Please revisit tournament prize brackets and item pools

I've reached a point in my campaign where I have enough companions and family in my party to almost completely populate a tournament lineup with them. As a result, every tournament that I join has the top prize bracket. Unfortunately, the items in that bracket are a bunch of tier 6 banners, a...
  8. Resolved Inventory goods profit tracking resets on game load

Bumping and confirming.
    This is the case not only for trade goods but for horses and livestock as well (neither of which have trade rumors enabled sadly).
  9. Resolved [Beta 1.3.0] Companions lose troop type (I, II, III, ...) after loading

It's not just companions. All unit types get reset to their default groups upon reloading a save. Also, some unit types have wrong defaults assigned to them. Regardless, if you customize your groups (or formations what they are called in game), everything gets reset on reload and companions get dumped into group #I by default. Apparently there's no information stored in your save file about your custom groupings (or it can't be properly accessed by the game). This mod fixes it for now. I would have lost my mind without it.
  10. SP - General Able to see character during battle

It was a thing in Warband. (y)
  11. Resolved Some Marauders are getting the wrong loadout

Looks like sometimes Maurauders (T3 Steppe Bandits) get some kind of longbow which they can't use from horseback because they lack the necessary perk (which doesn't work in vanilla anyway :P). Please remove longbows from horse archer loadout pools for the time being.
  12. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops XP gain is just not viable.

Yes, XP gain is a grindfest and I completely agree that the 'learning limit' where your multiplier can hit x0.00 at some point needs to go. I'd go even further and suggest that the whole levelling system needs a complete overhaul.
    There are too many skills that are completely irrelevant to your combat oriented companions and things like scouting only affects the guy you gave the role of party scout to. Eventually the XP gain for lots of skills will grind to a complete halt for your companions. Both the player and their companions are forced to fill up their XP bar by doing all kinds of stuff. It's impossible to excel in a set of 2-3 skills by doing only the relevant activities because it would take forever to get the necessary focus and attribute points this way. Also, getting attribute points only once every four levels is a travesty.

In Warband we had skill stacking within a party to a degree, e.g. your party had a trading, scouting and engineering skill that was affected by your top guy in a discipline but also got a bonus from the 2nd best guy.
  13. SP - General RPG companions

I'd also like that. It was great how you could skill them up in Warband to your liking. The difference is that in Bannerlord, clan level is the main limiting factor to how many companions you can have, while in Warband it was you not knowing where they are in the world and also your companions acting like divas and not getting along with each other. Can't say I miss the latter.

The current companion templates are quite annoying. Some have their skills and focus points almost randomly distributed all over the place. Some come with skills well beyond their learning limit and it's a pain to level them up at all. There are scouts with literally 0 riding skill. I hired a tactics guy who has a backstory of being a Khergit footsoldier with 0 skill in athletics. A surgeon with 80 in charm and 3 focus points assigned to it for no reason whatsoever.
  14. Resolved Fian Champions wield 1H swords, even though their skill focus lies in 2H

Yes, they are supposed to but they've been getting 1h weapons. That's what they get in multiplayer, and if you pull up their stats in the single player game, most of their non-archery skill is in 2h weapons.
    Palatine Guards getting 1H weapons in the campaign is aligned with their skill set if you ask me
    r2tTxcD.png

Yes, in the campaign things are different from MP. First thing that comes to mind is Battania not having access to some cheap archers.
  15. Resolved Fian Champions wield 1H swords, even though their skill focus lies in 2H

Same with Palentine Guards
    You mean a Palatine Guard gets a 2H weapon? Never had any in my party.
    I also just noticed that the Imperial Sergeant Crossbowman has the exact same skills as the Palatine Guard.
Back
Top Bottom