Recent content by MadVader

1. MadVader

Help a noob understand. What does the "code refactor" business mean?

I know it's hard to plan and maintain a schedule when things keep changing.. But that's how project managers earn their pay. You have to know when are you going to be done with the game, even if it's an estimate. Their people have plenty of experience by now to give good estimates. Gamers would...
  2. MadVader

Help a noob understand. What does the "code refactor" business mean?

It means adding some specific new features will be easier for the developers. It doesn't mean the team will be more efficient of better managed or that their release roadmap will be more predictable, you need to "refactor" the project management for that.
  3. MadVader

So hows bannerlord??????

Florida Man wanted to play Bannerlord. You'll never guess what happened next.
  4. MadVader

Why are developers focused on bug fixes rather then adding content?

Development teams do both at the same time, writing new code and fixing the old one. It's not one or the other. Taleworlds is not a single autistic person who can do one thing at a time. If your favorite bug isn't fixed for a long time and you think this is inexplicable, it could be that they...
  5. MadVader

Recent comment by Callum spills the beans on Bannerlord combat in a really disheartening way.

That's a nice thread you have on your servers. Anyway, you have to understand the PR person's personal gaming preferences. He is a MP guy, and MP has no strategy whatsoever and looks a lot like an action RPG with team tactics. So when he says Bannerlord is not a strategy game, but an action...
  6. MadVader

What happened to the regular updates?

They gave up and turned over development to the modders. They are working on the console version now.
  7. MadVader

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 15 - Valuable Relationships

Yes, I think playing unfinished games is a waste of time, but most people don't and support EAs out of curiosity. I don't think it's the players' job to find bugs, but some people like to volunteer. This is a problem for people like myself. Most of the players play the EA version and move on. By...
  8. MadVader

If they don't want to advertise it, why sell it? It makes little sense and advertising doesn't need to be hype. Thanks for the responses though. Maybe they lack confidence in their product, but need the money and the free testing, so it's all low key and for sympathetic fans only.
  9. MadVader

That's strange. Instead of hyping the game just before EA, when everybody is interested, they go silent. I can understand they might be busy, but you don't pass up this opportunity to get more people excited and willing to be parted from their toilet paper funds.
  10. MadVader

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

It's been tried before with an overview map consisting of squares that represent scenes. It's wrong-headed approach though, unsuitable to M&B. If you want an open world, mod an open world game like Skyrim.
  11. MadVader

Things to Actually Do in Your Castle

Better described as fief events. You got a message to come quickly and pick a menu option that resolves the event semi-randomly, usually giving insignificant fief stats changes. It wasn't much fun, unless it tied in with other game mechanics, like relationship with the Orders. If you are doing...
  12. MadVader

If adding management functionality to castle scenes does very little and should be entirely skipped by a user interface, then you should add castle functionality that can't be put in menus. That's ass-backwards logic, but it makes sense if you really like castles. For example, hunting rats in...
  13. MadVader

It's hard to create new gameplay for castles, there's always somewhere you need to go ASAP. If this was enforced by mandatory resting (the party gets progressively tired and needs to rest, preferably indoors), then maybe a few short, variable, skippable cutscenes would help roleplaying. Another...
  14. MadVader

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

And the full release is any time 2021+ if it happens at all and the company doesn't go bust. Meanwhile the March 2020 EA version won't have modding tools, so modders will need to create their own (and they will). Thanks, TaleWorlds!
  15. MadVader

Dating Thread, v. II

That's pretty weird even if you account for British standoffishness. Remember that people around the world, including Arvenworld, are much more relaxed about asking personal questions, especially on a date. Being a smartass and wrong at the same time doesn't make you more convincing. It's a...