Recent content by MadBull543

1. Currently working on...

AFAIK the map was resized from 200% to 150%, so yes, all of the coords based on 2014 version will be wrong.
  2. Currently working on...

OK, first off - gsanders, sorry for my inactivity in the last 2 or so weeks, new semester started and school along with several music projects are getting in the way.

Edited to remove traces of discussion and keep the thread clean. - guspav
  3. Bugs in Phantasy 2018

gsanders said:
    for quests failing, try them one more time at a Native faction like Swadia.  It is possible Diplomacy slipped in some hard coded range and all the exotic factions go outside that range and thus fail.  If it worked in Native factions but breaks with more factions, I can probably solve that fairly quickly.  I'm thinking especially tournaments.  The bandit camp quest I explained my theory yesterday but tournaments probably should test / try once with a Native faction.  Tournaments had a handoff where Guspav had non-standard bets to help the player farm cash faster and I may have glitched the betting during winmerge, as it often clips lines when "aligning" sections that aren't exactly equal.
    OK, I'll try the quest in Native factions. However, the tournament was in Khergit-owned Halmar (I was an orc if it makes a difference).

gsanders said:
      Relations saying they are hostile may be prejudice showing itself, I'll have to see what skin you were.  What was your player character's race?
    Ah, that makes sense. My character was a drow (I'll try to meet a few other faction heroes to see if it works correctly).

gsanders said:
    Diplomacy and PBOD being out of synch I've seen before.  I suppose I'm on the hook to hunt down where each stores values to force them to be the same, perhaps by simple_trigger or the act of leaving one of the menus for Diplomacy or PBOD settings change.  I suppose I best sum all the settings for each so I know which was most recently changed if it is by timer, then I'd know the player toggled one recently and use that as master.  It is probably safer to force a synchronization as the player leaves a Diplomacy or PBOD settings menu and not trust a trigger timer to catch the player changing a setting.
    That will probably solve it, but I think it would be best to go through the common features and let only one instance operational in case they are not exactly the same and/or executing the same effect twice would have unwanted effects (deathcam is prime example of this).
  4. Suggestions about game mechanics

Vylance said:
    First of all, undead should not be re-raisable via necromancy.  However, necromancy skill should allow a scaling chance to recruit wandering undead to join party.

Perhaps even a faction for wandering undead (like bandits have) that no longer aggro once you become a liche?
    I agree. The faction is (and has been since early versions) already there I think, so only a few lines of code need to be written.
  5. Fantasy factions troop boost

IIRC the only buff/reinforcement that was in any way announced to the player is the orc WAAAGH (sorry, don't remember how it's actually named  :roll: ) and that happens only once quite early in the game (maybe it's the day 31)...
  6. Suggestions about game mechanics

No, I don't know what is in your mind and, honestly, I don't really care, but I'm really getting tired of you (good and quick job with your 26 posts on entire forum) - anytime someone disagrees with you, you reply with insults.

I'm not licking his ass and I know it won't make the release quicker - if anything, it will make it slower because of suggestions I make. I'm just trying to be helpful and at the same time learn something from a guy with vast experience in coding. Maybe you should try that as well.
  7. Suggestions about game mechanics

First off - mokrygorky, calm the **** down, you're not the centre of the universe and you should build up some "resistance" to jokes that might offend you, because it doesn't really make you the cool guy to be offended (even though internet discussions usually imply so) and equally importantly, NO ONE actually cares that you get butthurt.

gsanders said:
    ---the stuff about weight----
    Oh, I didn't actually mean this kind of penalties :grin: I was talking purely about walking speed.
    And by the testing, I didn't mean testing of the new Phantasy mechanics themselves (although I'd be glad to help with that as well), I meant testing out the Warband formula for movement speed (which I can fairly easily do with a few triggers in native)... a little misunderstanding there :grin:

gsanders said:
      I justified this as "helping them to get home" not so much becoming slaves, and thus they only handled factions they were neutral or friendly to.
    That makes sense, I didn't think about it that way.

gsanders said:
    ---mission triggers stuff---
    Got it, I was concentrating on the particular example of Vorpal Sword and didn't think about all the healing/buffing/debuffing stuff.
    Anyway, how do you circle through only part of (for example) agents? I'm not that experienced in modding, so I thought the only way to do all the area damage or healing or buffing is through try_for_agents with appropriate conditions...
  8. Suggestions about game mechanics

gsanders said:
    c) I think undead summonable by Necromancers should be able to upgrade as they gain experience, and have reduced morale effects.  Low tier undead should not consume food, but perhaps upper tiers need to kill periodically to feed on life essences.  Skeletons -> Zombies -> Zombies II  with Zombies II having greater magic and cleric effect resists, more hit points, and possibly greater movement speed in battle (athletics).
    I'm in for upgradeable (is that a word?) undead, though maybe make them upgrade slower than other units to preserve a bit of the "mindless puppet" feel undead usually have? Also, I disagree with the upgrade route - first, one does not simply make a zombie out of skeleton (it's pretty much only the other way around) :grin: , second, I like the way skeletons and zombies are different in previous versions (skeletons are quicker and can use ranged wepons, zombies are slower and sturdier).

gsanders said:
    f) Guspav put in some sort of coding support for open hand damage in this latest Work In Progress, but looking at the magic system I pretty much feel it needs
    the weight calculation and dodge capabilities.  Those never worked right, because the data model was walked on in Perisno .77x and Warsword Conquest, but the concept would give the ability for lightly armored troops to move more quickly in battle than heavily armored troops, and some trade off for archery, horse riding, and effective agility.
    Talking about weight... I suggest that strength decreases the negative effects of larger weights - it's kind of weird that currently (for example) an elven sprinter [8 str, 30 agi] moves faster with really heavy weight on him than an orc brute [40 str, 20 agi]. It would be really cool if agi-oriented troops were faster with lighter weight on them (e.g. <25 kg) while str-oriented ones were faster while doing some heavy lifting (e.g. >30 kg).
    Since there is no clear explanation of how encumbrance and agi/athletics actually affect speed, some testing and calculations would be needed (I'd gladly volunteer for that since I was planning to do it anyway).

gsanders said:
    J) 2 more Ransom Brokers as there are 28 not 22 starting cities.
        Also Barkeeps should broker prisoners but only on a favorable prejudice check, and with a limiter to block further sales to tavern keeps until a timer resets, and losing 1/3rd commission versus what a ransom broker offers.
    May I suggest using guild masters or maybe prison guards (possibly renamed "Prison Marketing Manager" or something :grin: ) instead of barkeepers since it doesn't make sense for barkeepers to heavily participate in slave trade? :grin:

gsanders said:
    M) I'd like to put up a second list system that does NOT auto-garbage collect.  Although this seems unimportant to the player, it allows faster handling of
    special rare cases in battles, such as vorpal swords, without having to periodically check EVERY last agent on the battlefield "do YOU have a vorpal sword?".
    Guspav has lots of such routines and battles could be smoother, especially with large troop numbers, by consolidating these with some tricks.
    I'm not entirely sure what this is actually about, but in terms of 'on-hit effect' kind of thing, wouldn't it be better to just use ti_on_agent_hit since it already contains weapon_id in reg0? I thought it was done that way, but your note kind of confuses me :grin:
  9. Suggestions about game balance (or DMing on Warband)

mokrygorky said:
    How is that an argument? Magic missile is **** weak. I need something to fight the crazy monks while not getting caught, **** smartass.
    How is that an argument? Well, if those spells were usable on horseback, why would anyone ever play a dismounted mage for other than roleplay reason? Those spells are arguably the best ones around (fireball is pretty much a nuke), so they should have drawbacks. Also... Magic missile with high level of magic power (is that how the skill is called? I haven't played the mod for almost a year... and now that I think about it, is MM even affected by MP?) and power throw is not that weak. If you still don't like it, there is the fire arrow spell (which has higher damage than fireball IIRC, just without splash effect).
    Anyway, those "crazy monks" are not that hard to defeat with fireballs ON the ground, so if you have trouble with that, I'd recommend to git gud and not ask for all the toys without any downsides (no offence).
    (not even taking into account the buggy behavior guspav mentioned, which is more important point than any game balance debate)
  10. Suggestions about game balance (or DMing on Warband)

... since when do mages use only fireballs and lightning bolt?
  11. Some troops not liking undead.

Yes, but they would still use "living" sounds... which IMHO is worse (in terms of immersion) than not having them at all.
  12. Some troops not liking undead.

Different zombie races are not possible, because there is a hard-coded limit of skins/races (16), which has been already reached (IIRC).
  13. Lore discussion - split from fan suggestions

Ralyks said:
    Y, I did mention it in a couple of days ago, your background barely touches your starting relations, and it should do it more often. There are many factions so there's a lot of potential, sure, some of this are haters and the player should not be able to befriend them (Heretics, Jatu, Snake Cult, Vanskerries, Mystmountains and Singalians), but he can, in fact, player needs to befriend them to hire one of the Mercenary Companies (Jatu with Chosen of Indar or Singalians with Firuz), but at the end, the player has to destroy them to fully win... odd

But what about the rest? Barclay, Mettenheim, Veccavia, Melitine, Adventurer Companies, why is the player force to start in odds with all of them no matter his background? These are factions thought for the player to be able to befriend. My suggestion was directly thought at this (another question about your background that will directly influence your starting relations), but altering the ones that exist already (adding relation gains & loses to some), will be fine for me as well.
    I fully agree, I just got a little stuck at the KotEG question... Applying it to more factions would be great (but then again, devs probably won't do it, because "it's not broken").
  14. Lore discussion - split from fan suggestions

Styxt said:
    Serazu said:
    The people of our era are anything but kind or reasonable.

The scale at which they operate just changed => welcome to THE INTERNET  :iamamoron:

back to the topic : I personally think that KO starting relations are good as they are now, but I sure would love to see more ways to raise (or drop) relations with order. The idea of gaining/losing relations depending on faction relations is very nice but you would need some cap or it will become too easy.

You wouldn't gain relations, you'd just lose them. The way I'd do it is to make relations with EG zero at the start of the game and then drop it when you help/release or otherwive raise relations with Noldor.

Because right now, EG hates you for no reason at the start of the game and, what makes even less sense, you can befriend them and Noldor at the same time.
  15. [MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

k0nr@d said:
    qfspvHx.jpg
    Awesome as usual :smile:
Back
Top Bottom