Recent content by Lychee Nut

1. Lychee Nut

Resolved Either this bridge is magic or it is a bug

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. Thank you for reporting it in.
    Just got it myself in 1.7, same place, same river.
  2. Lychee Nut

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Finally Siege fixes, and the Terrain and Order systems all in one, completely unexpected for me, though the time it was taking for this patch did make me think it would be somewhat big. This is way larger than I was expecting though! hopefully if field battle AI (orders/tactics) aren't improved along with the new systems, that a tactics overhaul will be coming too? so they don't just mash formations into each-other all the time?
  3. Lychee Nut

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Is the terrain system coming this year?
    My curiosity too, and is the Order-of-battle system going to be used by the AI so they have multiple formations, instead of one big blob of every troop class? Will they also get a revamped AI to use those formations and be more intelligent on battle maps? Because after the battle starts and the initial formations clash, it devolves into the attacking AI throwing troops across the map in "charge" mode like warband.

You guys at Taleworlds also had an official post on the Terrain Battles system but not on the order of battle system, it was only briefly shown in future plans in comparison.
  4. Lychee Nut

SP - General Blood Feuds to deter mass unlawful executions

There isn't really anything to stop you from just lopping heads all willy-Nilly. Plenty of posts on people destroying kingdoms with this one mechanic. Implement a simple blood feud system where unlawful executions can start blood feuds (like npcs love to talk about in bannerlord). They won't...
  5. Lychee Nut

SP - General Minimum peace period

I'd like it wars were rarer too but there would at least need to be waaay more quests and stuff to do.
    Yeah I feel like this horse has been beaten, revived with vile necromancy and then beaten to redeath. The only reason they had problems with snowballing is because there was literally nothing to do but war, so factions never had(stilll don't) have time to recover, because they usually just finish one war because someone else declared a new one on them. Alternatively and also commonly they stay at peace for a week or so and declare war on someone else, and the castles haven't had time to gain militia, and the lords parties were still trained as crappy recruits.

We need peacetime activities, and lots of it. gang management, feasting and hunting competitions. some sort of social/intrigue event system you can integrate with the clan and criminal system. Peacetime means recovery time. They could even just make it so there are lightning wars where quick border skirmishes are done just to take back de-jure land that was lost or something while the enemy is preoccupied in another war.
  6. Lychee Nut

So what's the plan, exactly?

This is the crux of the problem in my opinion too. There is absolutely not a f******ing thing of interest to do on the campaign map! You start up nother game hoping this time, something might mysteriously spring out at you in your travels -and it never does. Thats where they failed miserably with the idea of Sandbox -its like sending a kid to a sandbox with literally nothing in it but sand. So you start a new game up -"should I go North, I dunno South? Maybe NorthWest this time..." Why? It doesnt matter as nothing will happen, theres no interesting characters to meet and no reason to enter any city or town because absolutely NOTHING will happen.

Exactly this, they had plans to make crime and IIRC even an underworld where you can have your own gang and have gang-management. so now that its been basically axed, you can't do any street-fighting except for the hell of it, and play a pure bandit/gangleader role and make your way into lordship that way. They still have yet to add any dynamic to the campaign that isn't combat with the end goal of sieging a city and more combat until there is no one left to fight. There was also the whole thing where supposedly cities would have street battles between siege and keep phase, but there has basically been no mention on what happened to that.

Their view of Sandbox(defined as a game where you are given multiple options to achieve a goal(s)) is the most strict and slim implementation, a very small number of avenues to a singular goal: world domination. What does war need? Money and men. How to get men? money and combat experience. How to get money? Trade, fight/loot, tax, and business meta.

With the above mentioned, outside of combat there is no sandbox, because there is literally no secondary options for raising reputation with notables except for questing. Only way you can raise relations with lords is questing, or occasionally saving them. marriage? that is so you can keep playing when you die. bandits? Gotta level somehow, because quests are not going to net you relatively jack pretty quickly.
  7. Lychee Nut

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Increase notable's recruitment quantity and add a notable specifically for Noble recruits.

I actually like to having to farm relations to a samwhat speedy recruitment. Just farming relation from 1 settlement and recruit 100-150 soldiers in 2 clicks ruins it for me. What kind of noteables have these numbers of idle soldiers just hanging around?

That was just an example but 1-3 men per slot really doesn't add up much, especially if they all don't fit your army comp so you won't pick them, and the lords are all drawing from your pool of recruits too. Then there is the fact you can just decrease the refill speed to make it balanced. And you would still need to farm relations, because one slot would still be just like 2 or 3 guys. The farming relaitons just becomes more important because your losing out. Current system basically locks out higher tier units from low tier slots anyway.

But yeah I like to farm relations too, in the future if they ever implement notables that are tied into the criminal system, you definitely will want something other than the current recruitment quantity, because your favorite notable could be put in prison or killed by rival gang-members. Though at this point I just don't know if they will work on any in-depth system for the notables, with crime and law, the system they talked about before EA release, has been scrapped and they are now only just "considering" a system involving the player.
  8. Lychee Nut

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Increase notable's recruitment quantity and add a notable specifically for Noble recruits.

As the title says you have entire sets of noble unit branches for every faction in the game, and they are very rarely seen as recruit-able units in the town/Village influential people's rosters. They are almost unnoticeable in various armies and don't really get placed into elite squads. One of...
  9. Lychee Nut

The big Forum Depression

Now, before the angry person reading this shoots an angry reply at me
    RABBLE RABBLE. Couldn't resist :mrgreen:
  10. Lychee Nut

The big Forum Depression

magine a construction worker during the summer... now that guy might have some stress accumulating, not these folks.
    Yeah none of your claims are in there. Pardon me for taking the only point in that statement and using it as what you meant. Also depending on what country you live in being a construction worker treats you fine. In the US that would be a joke though.

Despite that they do have a pseudo roadmap, just because it doesn't have due dates doesn't mean it isn't a roadmap.

Also it's not like I am happy with their progress either. They are quite insanely slow. Mainly because their focus on bug fixes rather than reorganizing and implementing major features. Most of this past year has been them solely trying to make changes to fix faction steamrolling. which I am happy for but man did I want some real Siege AI.
  11. Lychee Nut

The big Forum Depression

So, being working class, working a physical intensive job and having a god-awful wage to barely support your family - no creative freedom whatsoever, just mindless slaving around while the rest of the world considers you an eyesore... and there's no mental stress there, right? Gotcha. I'm sure that's why everyone wants to be a construction worker.
    Which is not what you said. Regardless of which, some people being treated worse, is a crass statement about why other people should deal with it too.
  12. Lychee Nut

The big Forum Depression

Poor lads. I can just imagine the stress of working... what, two hours a day, considering the progress being made? Imagine a construction worker during the summer... now that guy might have some stress accumulating, not these folks. They're probably spending 90% of the time smoking and chilling.
    yeah, because physical stress is comparable to mental stress.
  13. Lychee Nut

TaleWorlds, how you succeded to piss off the friendliest community in videogames history?

in-game multiplayer community is one thing and most games have a really bad one full of edge lords and manchildren but here on the forums everyone was so friendly and helpful before the EA problems started to mount up.

Even reddit which is much chiller than here people are starting to get angry and disappointed about the development of the EA
    Game community was pretty bad since Warband, they just had 10 years to ban all the major problem-makers. Especially in the competitive scene, the number of belligerents kicked out of clans was really high. Making a single suggestion on this forum is likely to get you flamed by at least a dozen individuals who want to say why you suck as well as the idea. It's calmed down since the beginning but only since there was a drastic drop in users on this forum or playing the game to begin with.
  14. Lychee Nut

TaleWorlds, how you succeded to piss off the friendliest community in videogames history?

from my experience from other games I would say both bannnerlord and warband multiplayer have the second most toxic community I've seen, losing only to space station 13, it's worst than rust Imo
    Seconded. Lol, yeah "Friendliest".
  15. Lychee Nut

The big Forum Depression

I think people, for the sake of their mental health gotta chill the **** down a little. I mean take a brake from the forums and dont touch the game for a week and clear your head. Feels like people invest so much time, feelings and energy into this it's insane.
    Can only imagine the mental health of the devs and mods who have to check this forum on a daily basis, because it's their job. The game industry has a lot of horror stories from community managers. It's one reason it tends to have such a high turnover.
Back
Top Bottom