Recent content by LuxInTenebris

1. Main Topic

I voted for the offices and town/guild/kingdom council option. If implementable, something inspired by Europa 1400: the Guild/the Guild 2 would be amazing (!!!), with an office tree overview in the 'reports' tab or similar. One could propose measures and use one's relation, persuasion skill, bribery or favours to garner support. Above all, this could be a way to draw from (but not replicate) some of the options available in the Diplomacy mod, such as persuading a monarch to declare war on another faction, or even to reallocate a fief or indict/impeach a lord.
  2. Bug Reporting HQ

I agree with lolitablue (above) that the farming feature is sill wonderful for immersion and economically at the earlier stages of the game, but it's much, much harder to navigate through the wheat than in version 3. In the previous version it was at least possible to work a way out of the field after harvesting but now I get stuck constantly and have to give up with half the field unharvested. Would it be possible to rearrange these into widely-spaced rows? A constructive suggestion rather than a criticism.
  3. Bug Reporting HQ

Sorry to come back on this thread again so quickly -- I'm not deliberately trying to be annoying! However, are there restrictions on the 'create construction site' option? I'm just asking because I created a new character and the option no longer appears in the camp-take an action menu. Perhaps it's because my level is too low or I don't have enough prestige to make a castle yet. I did a fresh install of everything this evening but haven't noticed this before, so I'll try reinstalling everything if it's a bug rather than a deliberate feature.
  4. Bug Reporting HQ

I'm encountering a couple of script errors when travelling by sea. It's on a fresh install (M&B:W fully uninstalled from all drives/folders) and with the 3rd 4.0 upload.

When setting sail from a port, I get script errors 1601 and 1678 (I think, if I remember this latter correctly). After this my travelling icon is no longer a ship, but a human being; and when I land and walk on terra firma I'm no longer pictured on horseback, but on foot. Landing at a port and setting sail again doesn't resolve the issue.

BUT I just saw Mithridias properly from a distance for the first time. Oh my. <3
  5. Bug Reporting HQ

Can't wait to test the updates! Thanks for keeping us in the loop about all the improvements you're making, Quintilius.

A few more things:

1) upon starting a new game I noticed all the lords of Zendar in ships by the coast, with "accompanying [player character] as their status when I hover my cursor over them. I certainly wasn't marshal at level 1!

2) the opening dialogue with lords (of both my own faction and other's) gives "I hear you have pledged yourself to a rival claimant..." or something similar when I've done no such thing. It light be only after signing a mercenary contract but I'm not sure.

3) some path-finding issues for AI parties on the slopes of the hill between (I think) Grunwalder and Veluca; a number of AI parties getting stuck.
  6. Bug Reporting HQ

I think I'm encountering a bug with smelting gold. After placing 6 in the mine cart and clicking 'ready', nothing happens. As materials can't be removed from the cart or replaced with other ones, this means that the feature can't be used any more! It's very fun, though.
  7. Bug Reporting HQ

Congrats on the release, Quintilius! I played a bit last night and it's beautiful. A few things I picked up on though:

1) some script errors, on opcode 1630 and 1613 if I remember correctly
    2) a missing mesh in the armour shop for a feathered hat, mesh helmet_al_01
    3) there are two options to 'change technological advancement speed' in the options menu, although one of these concerns artillery
    4) the description of the craftsmanship skill in the character menu says 'each level of this skill has the chance to create by 10000000000oint' or similar.
    5) upon very first starting a new game, 'your relation with Mithridian empire has deteriorated from 0 to -1'
    6) caravans travelling to Mithridias tend to get stuck at Padria or on the cliff top/promontory right next to Yalen
    7) 'reports' sends one to the training field.

That's all I've got so far which hasn't either been mentioned already or fixed in this morning's upload.
  8. Main Topic

I'll happily report bugs. It's the least anyone can do!
  9. Main Topic

Thank God. I really couldn't wait another 4 days. I dreampt about 4.0 last night.  :fruity:
  10. Main Topic

2 days, surely?
  11. Playing as a Merchant...

Hurrah! Thanks, Quintilius. I think that the buying-price penalty for towns that you don't share a religion with is a nice feature, but ultimately it's kinda double-nerfing trade since Taleworlds themselves part-nerfed it too in an old patch. I'd lik trading to be a viable game style.
  12. Main Topic

BUMP.

Spent most of the weekend watching videos of Nova Aetas 3.0.2 like the lazy bore I am, then booted up a new Nova Aetas game in anticipation for 4.0. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that, despite my initial scepticism, the new price modifiers on trade goods (e.g. fine, old etc.) do actually make trading more profitable. That's got me even more psyched for a trader/craftsman character in 4.0! Good luck, Quintilius.
  13. Main Topic

The sexy pear says: be invested. Invested and excited.  :fruity:
  14. Main Topic

:party: :fruity: :party: :fruity: :party: :fruity: :party:
  15. Main Topic

:fruity:

I'm so excited. I can't wait to prance around the place in slashed velvet and a feathered hat, selling spices and furs. It sounds like for the first time Nova Aetas will make it a legitimate play-style to actually spend a long time *not* fighting. I may not even bother collecting a war-party until I've explored the Guild II/crafting options. Congrats on the beautiful feature list so far!
Back
Top Bottom