Recent content by lumi_myrsky

1. SP Native A Mod Long Forgotten

I am willing to make an AAR for this mode. But how do we do it? Anyone with AAR experience around here?
  2. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Cozur said:
    2) Introduce a family concept to the game. I chose the Reach and after some time in the game Garlan the Gallant joined the Vale and attacked the Reach. I am now in the AFFC and I highly doubt that Garlan Tyrell will ever fight against Mace Tyrell. I also see Brynden Tully and Edmure Tully; and Kevan Lannister vs Devan Lannister fighting as well .:smile: So, whole families would rebel or be exiled rather than single commanders. For example, Robb Stark will have to exile the whole Umber group rather than only one of them. Also, do not make Freys a family, just as they are not a proper family in the book.

Well, this is my only suggestion that I would be insisting on. Seeing Kevan Lannister and Devan fighting was a little shocking to me as well as the others that I wrote above:smile: The troop tree suggestion is also a good one, but it is not that important. Also, if you have fixed these bugs, why don't you plan to give out a new version, say 0.41? If I can conquer cities, then I would play more :smile:

Thanks!
  3. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Opps I forgot this: dl.dropbox.c_o_m/u/11761751/sg00.sav  (erase the underdash, forum does not allow me to post external links, yet) :smile:

This is my save game, just before the weekly budget problem. It maybe help you. And for others, this is a nice save game with a relatively strong hero, so if you do not want to lose a long time with developing a character you are welcome to use my savegame :smile:
  4. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Awesome mod!

I played for a very long time, approximately 40 hrs which made about almost a year in game time. There are some bugs in it. I couldn't see a bug list in the first page and too lazy to check for 113 pages, so I hope these bugs are not repost.

1) Some towns do not have arena masters, so when you enter an arena all you see is an empty space.
    2) Some towns do not have tavern keepers. You cannot complete the deliver x casks of ale/wine to town Y. Maidenpool is one of them.
    3) When economical AI settings are changed to medium or high/experimental, I lose money in almost all my enterprises.
    4) You need to extend the map around last Hearth. (I think this is already reported)
    5) Pretender texts should be fixed, or maybe removed completely. I think Lord Kastor of Veluca wanted to take Riverlands. :smile:
    6) The weekly budget thing is problematic. If I have many enterprises so that I earn money weekly, rather than losing money; my money does not increase. Furthermore, the gold I have and the gold weekly budget report says I have are different. After some play time, the bug was suddenly fixed, but later, when I earned money in the weekly pay out it surfaced again.
    7) During sieges, my soldiers do not use the ladder but directly go to the wall and stay there for the entire battle. So there is no way to win sieges.

Especially the last two bugs are worrisome but they didn't stop me from playing for a year of game time. And here comes some compliments!

1) It is definitely a perfect idea to give the user to change the map speed rate. I think in the books it take about ten days to go from Winterfell to King's Landing and user can actually set it either this way or regular blitz M&B style.
    2) Marking the starting point on battle minimap was also awesome.
    3) Not letting the arrow quiver to fill itself when the equipment chest is openned during a battle is also a very nice idea. At the end of a battle you can collect them from the deads, but not during the battle!
    4) Villagers are now not entirely useless! Even they hunt so why not allow them to use hunting bows!

I believe these ideas should be included in the coming Native mods as well, if Ikisoft plans to make a new M&B game! And some suggestions here:

1) I am an M&B player for almost seven years, starting from 0.639. I played way too many mods and I believe some concepts are not feasible with this game, one of them is the sea battles. I do not know what you have in mind, but I would suggest you to drop sea battles. Maybe players can find ships in cities or castles to access some other off-shore location. Make it like this; add an extra response to the guild masters so that players can ask for sea transportation. Sea transportation may be cost some money like the money spent for overnight stay in keeps. When the money is paid, some game time will pass and the player will go to the location that he/she wants. You can add some extra SoFI taste in it: Iron Islanders would not pay any money for transportation and you cannot travel between two places that are at war.

2) Introduce a family concept to the game. I chose the Reach and after some time in the game Garlan the Gallant joined the Vale and attacked the Reach. I am now in the AFFC and I highly doubt that Garlan Tyrell will ever fight against Mace Tyrell. I also see Brynden Tully and Edmure Tully; and Kevan Lannister vs Devan Lannister fighting as well .:smile: So, whole families would rebel or be exiled rather than single commanders. For example, Robb Stark will have to exile the whole Umber group rather than only one of them. Also, do not make Freys a family, just as they are not a proper family in the book.

3) I do not know if you played Native Expansion, but they offer a very nice and interesting troop tree formation. Maybe you should make it like this: Soldiers recruited from villages will be limited to Horsemen or some infantry, no better. But you can also recruit nobles from towns which can be pages, and upgrade to squires or knights. There are also some extremely strong elite troops which can only be produced in the capitals, such as Kingsguard.

4) I do not mind playing with bastards, but why don't you make them proper bastards from the books? Jon Snow was no commander of the North and so is not Ellaria Sand. Bronn and Shae can also be free companions as well as Sandor Clegane, Arya Stark, Gendry, Edric Storm, J'ghen Haghar and many of Beric's soldiers.

I know this is your mod, but these are only my humble suggestions. :smile: I hope this helps you. Awesome work, and I cannot wait for the 0.5 version!
Back
Top Bottom