Recent content by Lukee123

1. Lukee123

More depth ideas for improved gameplay

We’ve pretty much all been asking for similar type gameplay standards for years now.

Threy don’t care - at all. There only concerned with the console port - the PC version will receive nothing close to what your imagining
    So sad that there is so much scope and something that I think the majority of players would love to see but wont even begin to be touched until full modding capabilities- By then we'll probably be waiting a couple of years :/
  2. Lukee123

I'm hoping modders can add Government Types, and Republican / Democratic types will have a workable senate .In the senate laws will be debated.

The key word in all the above is ...... "modders" ....

Love this idea- would definitely be cool to see different factions with different starting governments and to see how these change as the game progresses- ie imperial with senate and emperor, sturgian - tribal with chief- I also love the idea of coming against the emperor in battle and seeing him being protected in the midst battle by a small retinue of royal guard! :grin: (same could exist in different functions for others i guess!)

There is so much scope here, factions, purging supporters, civil wars with rivals or family members pressing claims, coups- so much scope but such little hope for implementation :sad:
  3. Lukee123

Was thinking about what this game was missing and thought to put some words to paper- feel free to add- yes, some of these ideas may not be possible within the current dev progression but the dynastic and living/ruling as a lord element just seems abundant and quite shallow in its current state...
  4. Lukee123

Fortified Settlements

There should be scouts to begin with.
    I'm not talking about the perk here obviously. Someone riding a horse to look up the recent movements around your settlements and give you reports. If it's in danger or not. It could work well if you run a Caravans too.

And let's push the needle further with spies to get some intels on the AI Lords, but surely it would need a proper topic on itself.

Basically all my suggestions I have in mind is to deploy more " things " as a King / Vassal, because surely the game lacks a lot of things on that segment. Honestly the scouts should be doable, it's just another bunch of men you hire around your settlements, nothing really fancy.
    Interesting suggestion but not sure is desperately needed in the current version of the game but more as a nice add on-

I think a 'spies and secrets' theme would be quite a cool dlc for the game where you would have the option of infiltrating other dynasties, blackmail, intel etc!

I guess the idea of these suggestions was more around defending against raids and anti raid elements which are currently lacking in this current version!
  5. Lukee123

Fortified Settlements

Nicely worded and thanks for referring!
  6. Lukee123

Fortified Settlements

Both options would be good and realistic to implement. I don’t think it is realistic to expect all those extra scenes.
    To be fair- The wooden walls/basic settlement defences may not even need to be implemented in a visual design way- maybe you could pay to have them constructed and it would act as a local village perk, which would mean longer time was needed to successfully complete a raid. I seem to remember there was something similar in warband with schools etc?
  7. Lukee123

Fortified Settlements

In my experience, you won't get raided if enemy factions like you. Obviously this isn't always possible tho.

In lieu of being everybody's friend, and making the developers recreate all the villages with new palisades added, it would be good if we could assign one of our parties to patrol our fiefs, take out looters and hideouts and enemy parties and not be available to armies. We have 3 extra parties, surely we can fulfil our feudal obligations by giving up 2 of them.

Either that, or if your economy can take it, it would be good to be able to up-garrison towns by seconding a percentage of city/castle troops to the villages. There could even be a slider in a city menu - how many troops are stationed in the city on one side, and in the villages on the other.
    At this stage it is probably easier just to add patrols, I agree with the last point - Garrisons should definitely act as small/medium patrols which can be controlled in the manage castle option.

Although I don't think the whole change to recreate villages should be disregarded- This would certainly add something that is missing to the game-

That is acting as a lord and protecting fiefs outside of war time and other small but useful elements- The game is just a war and expand grind with a dynasty system which seems pointless, smithing which is not used and out of place- It's like they're are trying to create a more authentic experience with features that aren't working, are not properly implemented or just not a priority for the community.

Whilst minor details, these things like fief development, feasts etc. add a huge amount to the player experience- It's just a shame that the community has lost faith in the developers given the disconnect in communication with players and the lack of real progress that the game has made since launch.

Sorry for the rant but you do have to ask yourself- what are TW doing and where is this all going wrong? We aren't talking about a tiny dev team with a low amount of funding here?
  8. Lukee123

Fortified Settlements

Agreed, there should be upgrades make a delay before the raiding can begin (like in warband), I'd also like to set up proper patrols. If they want to make ballista that the towns and castles can shoot raiders with and passing by enemies, that's fine with me too!
    Patrols are definitely needed! Cant remember how they did it in warband but the game could even take a portion of the garrison when over a certain amount to use as a local patrol- Surely this wouldn't be too difficult to do and would help with never ending bandits!
  9. Lukee123

Changes needed to war diplomacy!!!

The above is a good shout- There should be a break down in why the peace/tribute balance is what it is (similar to finance breakdown currently in the game)- Even still, it needs to be fixed since something isnt adding up! Plus mercs leaving randomly during war (at least let them demand more pay or something?), just makes for an annoying player experience.

Ill be coming back to the game after a few large updates and will shelve for now anyhow- It seems that current updates are far more based on some design and balance elements rather than real depth & player experience! The game is just war-expand-peace, war-expand-peace; and I dont think this will truly change until we see the full potential of modding.
  10. Lukee123

Changes needed to war diplomacy!!!

I'm just getting annoyed with how war operates in this game- You capture lords, put them in a keep and they escape 2 days later, execute them? people hate you! I had a castle full of enemy lords with captured castles put I still have to pay ridiculous amounts of tribute to make peace, and then...
  11. Lukee123

Fortified Settlements

Will keep this forum post short- but something that is frustrating me throughout the game is raids on your smaller settlements when troops are too far to defend and coming to find them burnt and waiting for them to come back- There should be an option (more possible for later game) to fortify...
  12. Lukee123

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

It happens to me since 1.5.9, I tried the 1.6.0 and happened the same, that's why I'm rolled back for 1.5.8, for me is something related with the HD use, maybe the early versions loaded the inventory from ram, but now it loads from the HD. Some people with ssds don't have this problem. I don't understand nothing about programming, but they may want less ram occupied due people with low ram computers.
    ok thanks- Ill role back to 1.5.8 and see if it helps- hopefully they resolve this in the future- i dnot understand programming either but if its possible to run the game with no issues and good fps in early versions it cant be impossible to have the same as the game develops...
  13. Lukee123

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Anyone still get frame drops/lags when open menus/inventory/troops etc? Never happened on earlier versions and now its so frustrating with 5-10 second load times when ever opening any in game menu.
  14. Lukee123

SP - General Household Guard

Is it just me who would love to see household guard implemented? The idea would be related to both around the map where (similar to companions) you could assign up to a number of troops categorised as household guard to follow you around in places like town (perhaps 5-10 for this) - they could...
  15. Lukee123

Cool additions that could be added to the game (suggestions and discussion)

Hi all, thought it could be cool to suggest some additions that would be a cool touch to the game, not necessarily features that the devs would implement, but nevertheless they could be fun. What about expansion of mercenaries where instead of belonging to one faction, lords could approach you...
Back
Top Bottom