Recent content by lucky lancer

1. lucky lancer

How can I edit a lord's equipment? Where do I find the templates?

Finally found the equipment templates. They are located in Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\spnpccharactertemplates.xml.

Gonna tweak away now. :smile:
  2. lucky lancer

How can I edit a lord's equipment? Where do I find the templates?

As the title says, I'd like to tweak the lords' and ladies' equipment. As of now it seems to be drawn from templates such as battleTemplate="NPCCharacter.empire_lord_lady_battle_equipment_heavy" and civilianTemplate="NPCCharacter.empire_unarmored_noble_equipment". I've already been searching...
  3. lucky lancer

B Musket Era Old West - Recruiting!

Loved 1860's back then.
    Good luck and have fun with your project!
  4. lucky lancer

SP Native NPC Revamp

Haha, good to know!
  5. lucky lancer

SP Native NPC Revamp

Thanks guys, glad you like them so far.

@Xavanux: Got everything on max.

@Antrix32: Yes, those villagers and the like seem to be auto generated. The same is true for companions. I'd like to look into it. Just wanted to start with the more straightforward stuff first and also focus on the more important figures such as lords and ladies.
  6. lucky lancer

SP Native NPC Revamp

Thanks everyone!

@Xavanux: Nope, no other mods involved. It's just one of the eyebrows you can select. Working with the 3 eyebrow sliders does something, too.
  7. lucky lancer

SP Native NPC Revamp

Cheers! I am reworking some NPC faces from Bannerlord. This is an ongoing project. I don't intend to make everyone look 'beautiful'. They are allowed to look gritty and tough. My aim is to give those faces character, correct unrealistic proportions and make them fit my tastes as far as those...
  8. lucky lancer

Caribbean! Map Return to 3D Poll

Although I like the looks of the 2D map, I too find it 'dull' in terms of feature lacking. I share wildyracing's opinion. Best case in my eyes would be to reintroduce the 3D map while trying to keep some of the new 2D map's improved looks. This would make the game 'feel' quite a bit better, I think.
  9. lucky lancer

Suggestions and ideas

Thank you for adding some new tunes with update 6!

A good thing in my eyes in terms of diversity, as I do like to put in my own tracks and can now add more than before and for more specific scenes, such as the tavern. I think the track "latino" fits the game's setting quite well, while the "city" track reminds me more of a Western movie. Well, good thing we can customize such things, which is perfect. :smile:

What I would really like to see very much for some personal scene editing work, which I really like to do, would be if you could remove the tavern entrance door - or better: detach it from the tavern model. As of now, the door is a part of the model and as such is always closed. I would like to (extensively) edit the scene for myself, remove the door to be able to walk along the beach, to the ships we can see through the window and a bit across the island. I do like the tavern you created and all that stands in my way is that door. :smile: So I would greatly appreciate if you could detach the door from that tavern mesh.

Other than that, I think that those last two updates are steps in the right direction and help make Caribbean! more enjoyable. There's lots of great potential here and I am looking forward to any future updates!

Cheers!
  10. lucky lancer

Suggestions and ideas

While I kinda like the looks of the new map, I agree with some of the rather nagative points concerning the new map that have been mentioned here:

- Island land masses are just too tiny. No real sense of exploring. Land party icon is almost as big as some of the islands.
    - Being able to embark with your ship from everywhere isn't good for immersion. Should be moored where your party landed and stay there till you get back to it. This will also add to tactics too.

The release version also comes with some nice and much appreciated progress since the latest beta:

- The tavern scene is quite pleasing - being able to see the sea and a small harbor from within... nice. Though I'd like to be able to leave the tavern to take a stroll along the beach.
    - The town overview screen is much prettier now than during beta! This was much needed.
    - Hook hands! Yay! The tavern keeper got one!  :smile:

Things I am missing most currently are:

- Some nice piraty tunes - I have switched the only two tracks the game comes with for now with two tracks from "The Secret of Monkey Island" to get some neat Caribbean grooves. Fits quite well for my taste! I can only recommend this game's soundtrack as a reference to the developers of Caribbean - it's pure atmosphere. Would be perfect to have some more tracks available for different scenes as well. The tavern for instance could use its own track.
    - Waves! We simply need waves... Ambient sounds, wind, surf, seagulls (which are already there to some extent).

Thats my thoughts for now. I see a lot of potential. Some steps in the right direction, others not so much.
  11. lucky lancer

B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Thank you very very much, Delzaros! :smile:
    Greatly appreciated!
  12. lucky lancer

[Warband] [B] Texture Fiddling

Hey Mazth :smile:

My "solution" is going back to the vanilla textures and edit them again, relying on somewhat improved editing skills in comparison to my very first attempt. :smile:

The first time I more or less edited a texture as a whole, experimenting with color, saturation, brightness and contrast - now I'm picking out every little detail of each texture to individually edit it, resulting in an overall much better quality in comparison.
    When editing such a texture as a whole, the editing might fit for some elements of this texture, but might not be as optimal for other parts. It's a matter of compromise, so to speak.

Now I don't make such dirty compromises anymore. :smile:

And yes, the chainmail appearance just results from too high contrast - a result of the aforementioned compromise... :smile:

Concerning the coat of plates, I fear I don't have a definite answer for you. I just edited one after the other.

I really can't say when I will have all the new textures ready, sorry. :grin:
    I hope it won't take too long, but I really can't promise anything... especially since "Skyrim" is on route, which I highly anticipate! :wink: And with it comes a tasty editor...!  :shock:

MAYBE I will be able to at least come up with a screenshot or two sometime soon.

Thank you very much for your interest and kind words once again, Mazth! :smile:

Best regards!

lancer
  13. lucky lancer

[Warband] [B] Texture Fiddling

Thanks for the feedback everyone and sorry for the delay in response! :smile:

I do not have much free time and that won't change on long sight, but nevertheless I'm working on improving mostly ALL of my texture reworks. Working pace is very slow though, as I can only work on them sporadically.
    The results so far are MUCH better than my first texture fiddling attempts in my eyes, as I seem to get better at texture editing. :smile:

I can't predict when I will release the next, reworked version, but I hope - and am optimistic - that it will be a good step into the right direction, concerning all the legitimate, constructive criticism which I completely agree with and share. :smile:

@YourStepDad:
    I wasn't aware that my texture fiddlings are part of a mod. :smile:
    You are right, the inventory icons are too dark, resulting from too sharp contrasts. I think this issue will be resolved or at least reduced with the reworked version.
    Copying over the native textures will not screw up your game. At least there'd be no logical reason.

Best regards!

lancer
  14. lucky lancer

[S] Arena Revamp Deluxe - OSP - 1.5

Thank you for the feedback everyone! :smile:

Sadly I don't have much free time at the moment, so I don't know when I'll be able to work a bit more on the arenas or scenes in general. I don't know if I will ever "finish" this project, as there is SO much more to do, but I hope I will find some time. Scene building really is a lot of fun!

@Quixote:
    Thank you, I'm glad you like my modifications! :grin:
    Tihr arena is my favorite, too!
    Of course you - and everyone else - is welcome to adjust / improve my scene editings to your own likings and / or even share them with the community - all I ask for is some credit if my rudimentary ideas are still noticeable in the end result. :smile:
    Looking forward to seeing your scene editings, should you decide to make them public. :smile:
    After all it's one of the great achievements of this awesome game to enable people to shape and enrich its content and atmosphere to their liking and share it with others afterwards!

Best regards, everyone! :smile:

lancer
Back
Top Bottom