Recent content by Lorn

1. Lorn

Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Orion said:
    They say crafting is a 6-stage process or whatnot. I hope that doesn't mean it's 1) gather resources, 2) carry resources to crafting area, 3) open up crafting interface, 4) find the item you want to create, 5) click to create the item, 6) close the crafting interface.

6 stages, amirite?

Indeed, which would mean I wouldn't be using it.
  2. Lorn

Grimmend said:
    Oh joy, I get to make more crap to carry around.  I already have a hoarding problem in Oblivion, thank you very much.

But in seriousness, would the creating give any benifits?  Like +stats iron sword you made vs. same sword found in wilderness?

No idea, I haven't gone about researching the creation of making items yet. I did read something about "upgrading" equipment as well though.
  3. Lorn

According to Pete Hines' twitter, the PR guy for Bethesda, armor will no longer degrade.

I'm sort of torn on this subject, on one hand I liked having to keep my gear in top condition, on the other I found it entirely annoying having my armor break after running out of repair hammers or being weighed down by the hammers.

Discuss!!!
  4. Lorn

Post *Your* Dream Women

Adorno said:
    Bulle said:
    Squishy_by_CRISTYNNA_NECROPOLIS.jpg
    I speak kitten. It's saying: "Get off me you crazy *****!"

The poor kitty!!  :sad:

Cute girls are cute without having to seemingly abuse kittens...
  5. Lorn

theAthenian said:
    Flanged said:

Hahahaha

Clever!  :lol:

Oh, since I saw it mentioned. For the moment there is no sort of hardcore mode at all. Hopefully they will add it soon, but it's doubtful.

Now time for some quotes, since I'm being lazy, from a fan interview with Bethesda from a day or two ago.

19) Will there be any difference between the animation sets of male and female as well as human-like and 'beast' characters?
    Matt: The animation system is completely new and dramatically improved. You will notice huge difference from previous games. There are differences between male and female animations, and even beast races have some specific animations.

21) Will crafting (weapons, armor) be effected by the tools you use as well as the ingredients used in the crafting? Such as the hammers and clippers, mastery level of the weapons and your level? Basically, will I be able to produce a more powerful, or even unique, weapon if I use a master hammer or clipper as opposed to novice?
    Bruce: The blacksmith’s shop includes a forge, a grindstone, and a smithing bench. You can improve your weapons at the grindstone. The higher your skill, the more you can improve them, and the more damage they’ll do. Same thing for armor with the smithing bench, only the armor rating gets better. The forge is actually used to create new weapons and armor from raw materials.
  6. Lorn

Nahkuri said:
    I hope the group fights are less of a mess than they were in Oblivion. Otherwise I'll just end up accidentally hitting my companions all the time.

OH!

For that they have something called "Combat Magnetism" which means your hits will be sort of "locked' on to the enemy you are fighting.

It's not supposed to be like a total lock on, it's just there so you can avoid hitting companions(which I'm sure you can still do intentionally).

Good thing I haven't gone to sleep yet...sorta...ish...

Havoc said:
    Theres a shout that fixes that. Makes them immune to your hits, or something like that.

I think the shout is translated into something like this: "IF YOU GET HIT BY MY ****ING SWORD YOU BETTER NOT ****ING BLEED!!"

Clever!  :lol:
  7. Lorn

Havoc said:
    Lorn said:
    As of now, locational damage is out. So there are still no headshots.  :cry:

Wait.. What? I'm 94.53% sure hitting someone in the head with an arrow in Oblivion did more damage than hitting them in the toe or bladder.

Well ideally it would be an instant kill, but still. I remembered spending minutes planning a headshot, only for the the thing to scream and run at me in Oblivion. Perhaps it was changed in some mods, or maybe a patch.

Edit:

There are companions similar to the ones in Fallout 3.
  8. Lorn

Havoc said:
    The arena was stupid.. Why would I fight **** inside a arena with rules when I could go into a town and make my own rules...

You die, you live, you die, you live.

Agreed, and it took less than an hour to complete.

Yet you have your lore hounds going in about how an arena would be perfect for Skyrim, and not having one detracts from the game...BLAH

Honestly, I don't see the argument, we don't have the game yet, not everything has been announced, so there's no reason to whine.  :neutral:

Edit:

As of now, locational damage is out. So there are still no headshots.  :cry:

Double Edit:

Apparently khajit/argonian children are semi-confirmed, all the PR fellow said was "Wait and see!".
  9. Lorn

theAthenian said:
    *screams again*

OW!!! I'll be deaf if you keep this up!!!

There are four main factions, and a ton of little ones(afaik). There are necromancers, you can not join them, but you can use their spells(hopefully not just conjure)

They have removed the difference between greaves and cuirass, which allows them apparently to have more characters on screen.

You will not be able to change your appearance after the intro stuff, unless you have it on PC(yay console commands).

Loot/monsters are handled as they were in Fallout 3. There are high/low level zones, the loot and perhaps difficulty would be somewhat dependent on your level. Generally, you will still get better loot at a higher level. The loot itself is split into either randomly generated, or a specific item(with set stats).

That's all I feel like paraphrasing.
  10. Lorn

Moss said:
    T_T

Nords don't do 'Arenas'. Real men fight to the death on the skin of a bear.
    Johannes-flintoe-egil-skallarimsson.jpg

Aye, bar fights were confirmed. They're mostly non-lethal though.

Ton of other things too, but I cba to go back their and copy them over.
  11. Lorn

Selothi said:
    Skyrim has children ? Really ?

Yes, but it doesn't have an arena like in Oblivion.

"Thus we must all boycott Skyrim!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!! THE LORE!!!"

That is the drama currently going around the Bethesda forums, just thought you may want to laugh at it as well.
  12. Lorn

Moss said:
    Lorn said:
    Ow!! My ears!!!

Well, this is interesting. At least Bioware will no longer be the only company screamed at for having lesbians...
    There were lesbians in Morrowind as well, an entire island of them in fact. Though I suppose that was a little more subtle than letting the player marry one. :razz:

Was there? I forget, was it modded in?  :shock:

theAthenian said:
    I wonder if there's gonna be gay bars :lol:

Nah, that would probably be too controversial. Que modders...
  13. Lorn

theAthenian said:
    Moss said:
    Havoc said:
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/08/25/skyrim-supports-same-sex-marriage/

AW HELL YES :grin:

Bloodandthunder.jpg

Ow!! My ears!!!

Well, this is interesting. At least Bioware will no longer be the only company screamed at for having lesbians...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

*fangirl scream*

Ow!!! MY EARS!!!

Well, this is interesting. Good move by Bethesda.
  14. Lorn

What made you sad today v.III

Finding out the girl you fell in love with doesn't want to talk to you anymore...  :neutral:
  15. Lorn

Havoc said:
    http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/08/22/skyrims-interface-crafting-leveling-and-lock-picking-explained/

"almost kind of sort of exactly like Fallout."  :lol:

Actually meant to edit my post to include that, but I forgot.

iCock said:
    I'd press ~, click my enemy and type kill. Because I was a lazy *******. Luckily skyrim for me will be on the 360 so no cheating.

I really liked playing Oblivion on PC, mostly for all of the mods, but the cheats become to easy when you get lazy. :neutral:

iCock said:
    NO. Lore sucks as well.

I also always wanted to read all of the books, but the majority of them were boring. Besides the fact that most of them were also books that were in Morrowind, so I read the vast majority of them already.
Back
Top Bottom