Recent content by LordRaglan

1. LordRaglan

SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

i've tried again a couple of times, first time i got a frozen game when i tried to recruit some ogres (and then everything just went to desktop, didn't even get the usual 'mount and blade has stopped working') the second time i tried to make a new character and got a crash to desktop liturally seconds after the map loaded up. They all seem reasonably unrelated to me, though i'll grant i have no real idea.

2. LordRaglan

SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

yeah, i'd changed the data folder as well. Just wasn't sure if it only included a few changed files and thus needed to be extracted over the old 2.2 version one or not.

As it is, i have a completely clean instal of mount and blade, with it in the correct mods subfolder, and i then cut and pasted the data folder to where it should be.

But if you say there is a problem with some file names, that might well have something to do with it. I'll try again though, might just have been my system i guess (it is a new laptop, and i've played warband previously, but not the original mount and blade yet)
  3. LordRaglan

*runs around the room cheering, then settles down to actually play it*

well done. A long anticipated release, i look forward to spending as many hours on this as i ever did before.

edit; okay, just tried to play it, and it looks fab, but as soon as i get to a battle my game crashes. Does this need to be installed over an old instal? or is it just the file i downloaded?
  4. LordRaglan

you1 said:
    GeneralLeo said:
    you1 said:
    GeneralLeo said:
    Incredible news!

Good luck on the last 100 meters, i hope the mod comes out as you'd like it to come out :wink:
    I'm 90% happy with the mod , certain things I wanted to put in ,haven't made it this time around, maybe next time, time allowing
    heres the High Elve Tower, map icon and recruitment building scene :grin:

mb9-5.jpg

mb5-4.jpg

Wow...just...WOW

This just gets better and better!

By the way, wasn't it elf? instead of elve?

EDIT: It's elf singular, elves plural

After some discusion, I've renamed the High Elves, wood elves and dark elves, the female gender witch has been left has elf,
    this seems to match game workshops website, hope this suits you all
    :grin:

asrai? asur and druchii?

either or, i am eagerly anticipating the release. Everytime i try and progress to warband, i return to this forum and just reinstall the original mount and blade.
  5. LordRaglan

i would offer to help, but i don't really know much about doing quests in the module system.
  6. LordRaglan

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Nameless Warrior said:
    A little progress report on what I am doing at the moment for the mod. For all those who have played Warsword you will remember that on the character creation screens you chose your race and then you had the options like normal for "father" and "when you were young" and these options were things like "warrior priest", "pirate", etc but the choices were the same for each race.

It was a little annoying having a Witch Elf's dad as a Witch Hunter or a Saurus as a pirate so I have decided to go the whole hog this time and do a complete character creation system where every option makes sense to the race and faction you are choosing. I have about 120 odd different options in so far and there are many more to come so that in the end there will be hundreds of combinations. All stats will make sense to their class the best they can.

nice!!

can't wait for a release!
  7. LordRaglan

i imagine some of them should be fairly simply. like for the darf elf and chaos factions, instead of having to gather up grain for the village to eat. How about they ask you for slaves instead? I imagine the mechanics would be pretty simular. But that small change would add a lot of detail to those two factions.

give me a little time, and i'm sure i can think of a few other little quests that are simular.

i mean the native quests work well enough for the 'good' factions. But for lustira or the dark elves they are just weird.
  8. LordRaglan

you know, i have just uninstalled warband and gone back to mount and blade for this mod.

i might go back to warband once some decent mods come out. But until then i'm staying here.

Oh, and some slight criticism (constructive i promice) is i've just started as a dark elf. And many of the quests make no sense for a devious twisted elf. Saving a village from bandits? i'm more likely to sack it! there needs to be a few quests (probably in chaos wilderness as well) where you can do some more evil stuff to get relations. Especially as having a half decent relation with some villages makes recruiting a hell of a lot easier.
  9. LordRaglan

Bug Reports and known issues v2.4

downloaded floris expanded today, with the music. Loaded it up to play it for the first time, and got a ctd (the faq solved that) when i reloaded it i discovered a rather messed up campaign map. I'm presuming that its not supposed to look this way.

I took a screen shot, but it came out pure black, so i will discribe it instead.

All the factions were in the wrong place. The nords owned valencia, and the the other two cities that are usually rhordok, the kergits had random places all over the map, including saragoth. The swadians didn't exist except for a couple of random castles, while what is usually swadia was 'player faction' (bare in mind this is what i saw after beating that thief at the beginning of the game, so like day 1) The vaegir had the kergit steeps, and everything was just really messed up. Other than that the game seemed to work fine, but i'm pretty sure its a bug i've found there... lol
  10. LordRaglan

The Wedding Dance (Beta Download v.92)

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
    Rosha did masses of re-coding and also re-made much of the armor and clothing in the mod.  It is quite possible that your fooling around with files has messed up the quests.  Also, if you imported a character, since the quests are keyed to both the Player level and the completion of early quests, importing can cause you to miss quests.  Sir John will propose to Steise a lot quicker if he is in your party than if he is not.  One of the players reported that Sir John in mid-game travelled all the way across the map to ask to marry Steise, so sometimes it takes awhile.  My guess is that any messing about with Rosha's codes and files will screw up the game, though.

can i ask which quests are tied in? cause there are some that i dislike (the mule quest, its so long and the minotaur one - i just can't do it) i've never had the marriage (though i've never gotten far enough in the game) knowing that some quests are needed kinda sucks if they are ones i don't do. Or are we talking the level specific ones that fire by themselves?
  11. LordRaglan

ah you1, that wood elf stuff brings a tear to my eye.

You've made me a happy man  :grin:
  12. LordRaglan

The Wedding Dance (Beta Download v.92)

everyone who's having problems at the moment, try these, especially the bit in red. It might not seem like the problem, but it probably is.

The random crashes are due to system differences. You can find some of the most common problems/fixes below.
    I'm pretty sure that most of the random crashes can be attributed to sound conflicts...there are a couple of fixes:

*******************************************************************************
    From Gerhart:
    Ok it took me awhile to remember how to do this but it's really easy.
    I'm using XP Pro so I don't know if it's any different for Vista/window 7.
    Go to Control Panel and click on Sounds and Audio Devices. Choose the last tab, it should read "Hardware". Now double click on "Audio Codecs". In the new window click on the "Properties" tab, choose one of the codecs and click on the "Properties" button on the lower right bottom. Now pick the option "do not use this audio codec" and press apply.
    Fire up the game and try to replicate the same situation when the crash occured. I know this seems rather bothersome but it may help eliminate the possibility of it being a codec problem instead of a mod issue.
    Depending on how many audio codecs you have installed, this could take a really long time. Actually if you do have a lot on your system, this could eventually cause conflicts for your system.
    Here is also another idea. Write down the codecs you have installed and do a comparison with others that have the same issue. Those that don't have the problem can also compare their codecs so that we know which ones are good. Right now I only have 11 codecs installed, since I recently formatted and reinstalled my OS.
    EDIT here's a link to exactly the same thing I posted but with pictures http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-codecs.html

or try this from Dzzoro:
    To those that has this weird bug of crash to desktop. this is just temporary till we find a fix. go to module.ini
    And set these values to 0
    scan_module_sounds = 1
    scan_module_music = 1
    And it will look like this.
    scan_module_sounds = 0
    scan_module_music = 0
    see if this temporary stops the crashes.
    Edit: more info from Dzzoro below

After reformating the sounds, we managed to produce the same bug on my computer. Please check the following:
    make sure you don't have wmplayer.exe running in the background. Hit ctrl+alt+delete and start task manager and check processess. If this is running, hit end task. Also check for WMPsideShowGadget.exe. This will keep restarting wmplayer.exe, so disable it as well.

check again for:
    WMPsideShowGadget.exe
    wmplayer.exe
    make sure they are not running in the background, if they are, disable them.

Some uses have had success changing to dx7.
    Fawzia and I have tried everything to get these sounds compatible with the rest of M&B, but some players are still reporting crashes, so try one of the above fixes.
    [/quote]
  13. LordRaglan

nice sense you1

i'm glad to see them getting done. You don't know my disappointment when i visited the oak of ages and there wasn't a single tree....

lol.

If time is a consern (and it probably is) i'd love to see two different sense for each village culture and special places with a slight more attention, for example the oak of ages i just mentioned. While i'd be pretty happy to see most of the other wood elf places as just having a lot of trees.
  14. LordRaglan

its a pain on horseback. I usually have to dismount to fight them. But my miliatary scythe usually makes short work of them. And they do so enjoy lining up for it....
Back
Top Bottom