Recent content by LordHasek

1. LordHasek

Official 'Ask Questions About Warband Multiplayer Here' Thread

Alex_C said:
    Kwal said:
    Does it matter in melee combat which body part you hit? I was inclined to think so, as it seems easier to 1-hit people on the head when they're not wearing any helmet, but a few people in the IG server told me recently that it only matters for ranged combat. And I do know that speed and how you time your swings are important, so it could just be that. However that would probably mean all swings just affect body armor, which seems weird to me. I'm hoping someone can explain to me what is the case and possibly show me a thread or some game mechanics concerning this. Thanks in advance :smile:

As far as I know, it does matter which part you hit them in, in three broad categories: Legs, Body and Head. Hits to the head do more damage, and hits to the legs will have a greater chance of knockdown if I recall correctly. There are probably other effects than these as well.

It's also affected by where a person's wearing their armour, if someone has full plate body-armour and a great helm, but only peasant shoes or whatever, a hit to the legs will effectively do more damage.

Not sure if there's a thread or anything specifically detailing all of this.

For ranged attacks hitting the head, damage is doubled. Melee attacks hitting the head is damage * 1.5 (believe thats the value). Damage to the body is 1x. Damage to the legs is halved I believe. Note that these locations also tend to have different armor values depending on what your opponent is wearing, so an attack hitting the legs might still do more damage than an attack to the body because of poor leg armor.

...And I was never here...
  2. LordHasek

Native Completed Capture the Flag Innovation Tourney [CIT] DISCUSSION

LES is adding [LES] Edahar to our roster. I believe we are under the roster cap so there shouldn't be a problem. =)
  3. LordHasek

NC 2012 - U.S.A.

Yes indeed, good fights all. Lets go for the 60-0 group score.  :cool:
  4. LordHasek

Hacking in Multiplayer Games

Oh, and the autoblocker that's circulating around is nowhere near that complexity. In fact it's just a script kiddie hack that turns on the Native automatic block.

Its actually fun detecting this little guy. There is a perfectly valid way to figure out this behavior heuristically on the server side. The python required is a little tedious but I found the technique itself rather clever.
  5. LordHasek

[video] M2

Wow, I watched this through for the first time last night and the production is superb. Good fights, fantastic sound quality, tight cuts, high quality recordings from Lust. Now we just need TW to use this as propaganda to get more people pumped for M&B2 :grin:
  6. LordHasek

[NC2012] - Questions and Answers

Erminas said:
    Ok,since the deadline is today,when will the NC groups be ready?

Currently F5ing  :wink:

7. LordHasek

Native Completed [NASTe] North American Small Teams Seasonal Ladder [Season 2]

LES is currently doodling the time to hold the 3rd place match and will announce something soon(tm)
  8. LordHasek

General NC2012 Discussion: Who will win?

3rd place- UK- Do i really need to explain :roll:...Captain Lust...

You're going to need to explain this one.  :grin:
  9. LordHasek

Native Completed Capture the Flag Innovation Tourney [CIT] DISCUSSION

Please add Jamzta and Tuxorz to the LES roster.
  10. LordHasek

Native Completed [NASTe] North American Small Teams Seasonal Ladder [Season 2]

All dickwaving aside regarding rules disputes, I would love to commentate the finals with Lust and company. Unfortunately, since both lust and I would be involved in the 3rd place match we'll need to find another co-caster for Rhade.
  11. LordHasek

[LES] The League of Extraordinary Swordsmen

No time yet for the BkS scrim. US NC cup practice is Saturday for those interested in watching and or participating. Depending on the turnout we might be able to fit in a few ringers for the OpFor squad. :grin:
  12. LordHasek

Native Completed LES Summer Supremacy NA Dueling Tournament - $222+ Prize- Congrats to M!

The last of the prizes have been payed out and I'll try to make a final update to this thread sometime in the next two weeks with stats and the remaining videos to get them all into the OP.
  13. LordHasek

Proposition Regarding match size and Roster

Killfacer said:
    Was that supposed to be funny? I'm genuinely interested.

(edit) I kinda feel that maybe instead of writing something incomprehensible and presumably sarcastic, you should write your opinion.

Gulatr is wrong. His arguments are so shaky that they can easily be parodied to a ridiculous degree. Adding more people just to make something more "epic" is ridiculous. Show me tactics that work at 10 vs. 10 which are impossible at 8 vs. 8. Gulatr is asserting 10vs10 has some inherent superiority to 8vs8 without presenting any examples or evidence as to why this is the case. As such, I posted an equally ludicrous response lacking the same critical thinking as Gulatr's original post.
  14. LordHasek

Proposition Regarding match size and Roster

Everyone, I think I have the perfect solution to this situation.

What we'll do is make it so that a country with less skilled players will be able to field more of them in every battle. This will mean that in every battle against a better country, one side will feel like they are the Spartans and the leader is actually Leonidas. This will increase how epic battles are because everyone will either be a Spartan or an Immortal, and we all know how British bad ass their teeth are by being filed to points. Also, this will be very balanced because we know that some countries don't have a lot of good players. Instead, these countries can just get a lot of bad players together and have an equal shot at winning.

I don't see why anyone would disagree with making the Nation's Cup more epic by refusing to let people be Spartans. Furthermore, the Spartans will have to use lots of tactics to win because you can't just send people to every corner of the map. Instead, you'll really have to work together as a tightly knit group of elite black ops commandos in order to win each round. Also, the Immortals will have to coordinate together in order to beat the super elite Spartans which further increases the amount of tactics involved. What I am saying is that by going to this format we will have a super epic tournament where lots and lots of elite special forces tactics are needed to win. This is on the heart of LES LordHasek and I really feel if you all look deep into your souls you know that I am right.
  15. LordHasek

NC 2012 - U.S.A.

For one I would say I am a little dismayed that this has turned into pretty much exactly what I expected. A gigantic amount of dickwaving and accusations of bias. In the end, results are what are important. I'm being told that Ra has some amazing players - letholdus, beer, Bgfan etc... and I don't want to denigrate anyone's skill but not many clans are composed of entirely amazing people. Most clans are centered around one or two very skilled personalities that tend to shape who is brought in for supporting positions. If the argument is that Ra has too many casual players to succeed I'm going to come out and say it's not terribly difficult to find a few decent enough players to fill in roles if you have one or two absolutely fantastic players.

The Nation's Cup captains are trying to find the fantastic players and cherry pick them into a dream-team by taking in to consideration an enormous amount of factors. Personal skill with a blade, bow, or lance is only one part of the equation - the ability to work together in a new team, fulfill one's unique role well, and meet one's potential of skill in a very challenging environment is a different skillset that takes a competitive mindset in order to succeed. So are there some very close calls on the team in terms of skill level? Perhaps so - but don't make the mistake of thinking that is the one and only criteria.
Back
Top Bottom